Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enourmo posted:

You are surprised people are not watching hockey. In Florida.

Jaromir loving Jagr plays in Florida, as does Bobby Lu.

Show some god drat respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

QuarkMartial posted:

It seems like for dinner/movie date night prices, we could go to a hockey game. Only downside is that it's downtown.

I'd love to start tailgating for the Titans. The games are fun to go to, but I think just sitting in the parking lot drinking and grilling would be more fun.

Wife and I go to ducks/kings games a few times a year. $20-30 per ticket for nosebleeds. Or catch a deal and spend $80 each on seventh or eighth row corner seats.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Geirskogul posted:

Hey, I went out to buy milk (for spaghetti sauce) tonight, and it rained even though no butts were out. And my poo poo was blowin' all around. 'sup Phoenix random storm buddy :respek:

Probably part of the same ones that came through so cal.

Lots of wind, bit of rain. Dissapointing overall.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

meatpimp posted:

Not many people had Dave Mirra in their deadpool.

Yeah, was really not expecting that one. Dude was one of my idols as a kid, even had a couple of his signature Haros. :(

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

God dammit. I wonder if CTE was part of it, lord knows he's had a ton of concussions over his career.

But leaving behind two kids willfully.....I can't fathom that.

I was thinking the same thing. I also wonder about guys like Hoffman and Hawk, really all that generation of guys. Helmets were never worn outside of competition.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Helmets don't matter, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVfkPBiLjjY

There's gotta be a ton of retired pro skaters and bmx riders walking around with CTE.

True, but still. Just...gently caress.

Also makes me worry because I've had 8 actually diagnosed concussions in my life, and probably a few more that weren't.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

I've been lucky skating bowls like that for years that I never hit my head really bad, mostly ankle, knee and hip injuries.....Although that poo poo will probably catch up with me later :(

The worst concussion I had as a teenager wasn't even a head hit. I hosed up on a trail and nailed a tree with my torso doing 25-30mph. Busted ribs, collarbone, dislocated shoulder and one motherfuck of a concussion just from the force my neck/head took.

The brain is dumb.

Edit: also got one on deployment from standing up too fast in a confined area on a ship, and hitting a valve hand wheel :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ether Frenzy posted:

SoCal weather report: sitting in t-shirt, basketball shorts, no socks, all windows in the house open and it's 9pm. Ain't february a nice month?

Where the hell are you? Cause it's in the 40s at my place.

Although we're into the 70s during the day again finally.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

spog posted:

Trannies are awesome. Don't forget the copy of The Sun on the dashboard.

Just be aware that most scrotes can open one up with a tin opener quicker than you can with a key. No big deal for an 800 quid motor, not so fun if is an 800 quid motor filled with all your tools.

Between this post and poundland I'm convinced you guys are just loving with everyone at this point.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
As dumb as FL is, I've met more batshit loony right wing people in CA than I ever did in TX or FL.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Geirskogul posted:

Well, like 1/8th the US population lives in California, so there may be some sample size bias.

I'm just pointing out that there's really no better places. It's just what you make of it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tusen Takk posted:

Michigan is full of shitbird crazy right wing fuckos that used to vote for democratic candidates because of the unions but once Obama ran they all flocked to Mitt because "we don't want no ni**er in the White House it's called the White House for a reason" (-literally something a Facebook friend's father said on his status shortly before I deleted him)

Thank god we have a lot of left wing voters in Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Troy because otherwise Mitt may have won

I visited my sister in Michigan once. We went to some party, and I had no less than five people tell me the south was going to rise again, because I was wearing a longhorns hat.

Fuuuuck that state.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

keykey posted:

In all honesty, we have bat poo poo insane people on both sides here. If you are in the central valley, bat poo poo right wing. If you're in the bay area/socal you run into batshit left wing. There are certain pockets of batshit right wing in bay/socal but you encounter it in more affluent areas.

Oh, very much agreed. I just happen to live in an enclave of the batshit not rich but act like they are right wing.

Also, I just had groceries delivered for the first time ever. That feels loving weird.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
My in laws, who are both 50ish, are flying in tomorrow. They've never flown anywhere in their lives.

Trying to walk them through how airports and connecting flights work is worse than explaining consequences to children.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Edit: ^^^they've just never gone anywhere. They drove up to Virginia from FL and visited us when we lived there, but that is seriously the only time her mom has even left the state.

Pham Nuwen posted:

I guess the best thing you can say is they're not in their 60s, which seems to be the point at which everything new becomes absolutely terrifying instead of just an excuse to act grumpy.

I can only imagine the conversation. I mean, you check in, go through security, then follow signs until you reach the gate marked on your ticket. When it's time to connect to the next flight, you get off the plane and follow signs until you find the gate marked on your next ticket. I mean security sucks balls but that's about all there is to it, I've navigated just fine even in foreign airports.

They're just acting like we're making them do calculus. Her mom is an anxious person anyway, and from the sounds of it she's basically being chicken little about literally everything and eating xanax like skittles.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tusen Takk posted:

I love that Reddit, the supposed bastion of free speech and libertarian ideals, bans people

But has subreddits dedicated to being racist, underage girl photos, etc.

So basically SAC is worse than a racist pedophile.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ilkhan posted:

Lumping all of reddit together is exactly as dumb as lumping all goons together. Or black people together, for that matter. People are individuals. While there are trends, reddit is such a large community that lumping the whole pot together in anything is just dumb.

But this part is true in and of itself.

It was more a comment to someone being banned when things like that are tolerated. I just hate reddit because it's loving horrible to navigate.

And STR: just through Vons, which is basically Safeway/Albertsons.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tusen Takk posted:

1.) did you just... What?
2.) lol of course you like Reddit
3.) lumping redditors in a collective group known as "dipshits" is the correct thing to do

No point, dude. Literally none.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tide posted:

Woke up to a leak under the kitchen counter this morning. Sink is countersunk in granite. Can't wait pull the plumbing so i can contort my fat rear end underneath the sink and behind it.

YAY!

I woke up to a dog barfing next to the bed, and my in laws landing in 4 hours.

Trade you :v:

Sidenote, but Safeway kona blend coffee is loving delicious for the price. Trying to stop drinking so many energy drinks and went back to coffee, picked this up cause it's like 6 bucks and yum.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Slavvy posted:

Meat in a can is a disgusting affront to food itself.

gently caress you spam is delicious.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Slavvy posted:

Why do you even watch this poo poo? I was in an NY pizza place the other day that have NFL/highschool football playing constantly on their screens and it was like torture wondering when the actual sport happens. I'm not particularly into sports but I've never gotten the same sensation watching basketball, football, rugby etc.

Why do y'all watch cricket?

And honestly because we're raised with it, and it used to be better. It has gotten so much worse in the last 10-15 years.

I basically just watch hockey now. And racing.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Which format? 5 day Test snoozefest that you either use to chillax or have as background noise, ODI that has a somewhat faster pace but still gives you time to have a beer and a piss or T20 which is utterly frenetic and doesn't give you a second to fart?

Any of them because that poo poo makes zero sense.

Football is boring, but right now it's keeping my in laws quiet so I'll take it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Aaaaand just found out a friend died in a wreck last night.

gently caress this year.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

stevobob posted:

Dude, I'm sorry.

Thanks. Its just loving ridiculous. Two friends in the past month, and 8 people in the last year. Accidents, suicides, and two who were fine and just dropped dead in their sleep.

And people wonder why I have a hard time being happy.

Edit: and every time just having to suck it up and act like nothing is going on, that doesn't help either.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
In laws are killing me.

No, I don't want to say grace. I want to eat. If god is real I'm sure saying a prayer before I eat won't change things.

All while talking about how their pastor just got found out to be having an affair, along with other church drama.

But you're a horrible sinner if you're not going. Plus my cat Bowie got made fun of because he's male and has a pink collar (it's all he'll loving wear, plus he's a runt and named after David Bowie what the gently caress do you think he'd have?).

Maybe I drank too much tonight. They're not BAD, just very loving different from how we actually live.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

nm posted:

Not for the ie. Doesn't have enough. Also, they mostly work.

Yeah, for the ie he needs like six more and some dirtbikes of dubious legality.

You're a cop out here?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enourmo posted:

seriously how do I make any kind of resume look attractive when my skills are all from an abandoned career at a dying company

You're in Orlando, right?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enourmo posted:

I'm just afraid no matter how o describe it they'll see sears and go "oh I took my car there once, they scratched my rims ordered the wrong size tires and drained my transmission instead of the engine oil. That's where this guy worked? REJECTED"

Yeah

See if there's a Mosaic chemical plant around you, I believe there is but not sure. My FIL works at one down there, it's not super easy work but the pay is good and he loves working there. Just an idea for something you may not have thought of/known of. I think he said pay starts at like $25/hr.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enourmo posted:

Thanks for the tip, but looks like all their operations are down in the Sebring/Lakeland area, a good 2-hour drive from me. If I got an internship over summer I could get a hotel or something, but it's not viable as a daily job while going to school here. They do have an Engineering co-op, but it's for fall; a lot of my core classes are fall/spring only, so it would push my graduation back even further than it already is (I'm on track for May 2018.)

For reference I live down the street from UCF; I'd consider Cape Canaveral a stretch, and NASA is my dream job.

Sorry dude, just figured I'd try and help if I could.

Maybe youll stop being sad brains with a better job :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enourmo posted:

Hey don't get me wrong, I do appreciate people trying to help.

And by "better job" you mean "a job", right? :v:

Yeah that too.

Hey you're like SAC but a better person!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Slavvy posted:

Why is 'sportyness' (a vaguely defined thing in itself) related to horsepower? A loving fiat panda made it to the cover of EVO magazine ffs.

Because he drives a lovely Korean penalty box that weighs as much as an F150, while posting incessantly about how much his life sucks because he fucks it up at every turn.

When you have literally nothing in life except that lovely loving car that you overpaid for and literal hobos have more quality of life, you try to find the one thing that you have more of. His is horsepower.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

gently caress Valentine's Day. With a crowbar. And a cricket bat

Don't kink shame me you koala fucker

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Valentine's dinner is gonna be ribeyes, baked potatoes and whatever veg the wife wants. Follow that up with a fire and chilling in the backyard with dogs and some nice beer.

Fuuuuuuck going out on this fake rear end holiday.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Pham Nuwen posted:

I made lamb chops, wild rice, and roasted vegetables (squash, zucchini, bell peppers), with a bottle of pretty OK Merlot to go with it all. Almond pound cake for dessert.

We're still thinking of hitting up somewhere for cocktails later.

Wife has her favorite bottle of wine (which is seriously like a $4 bottle of moscato) and I got two bottles from Stone, double bastard in the rye and a weird hopped variety of Old Guardian barley wine ale.

And enourmo: I usually stick to Evan Williams, honestly. More money than that? Wild Turkey 101, buffalo trace, or bulleit. Any more than that and I'm buying scotch.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Safety Dance posted:

My wife and I saw Deadpool (yes, it's amazing) earlier today, and we're ordering Chinese food and watching something on Netflix tonight. I think I have her convinced that Chinese food and a movie in is so much better than going out on holidays.

We usually do takeout on most holidays, and we were going to do Chinese today...but after having her parents visit for a week neither of us can stand the thought of any form of take out right now.

So steak dinner and Hannibal burress' new special on Netflix. Deadpool tomorrow.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

the spyder posted:

I finally went to the doc today after I started sneezing up blood and was diagnosed with a sinus infection. At least that explains the terrible headaches. I'm getting tired of laying in bed watching Netflix and having no appetite. Ugh.

I was getting dental work done, and they found a giant mucus plug in my jaw from where my sinuses got impacted, and it just built up. I've had ridiculous loving sinus issues for three years now, and they said that's why. I didn't even know that was loving possible.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Because you think episode 2 is a decent movie you loving muppet

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

keykey posted:

Apparently we're going to see deadpool in less than an hour. :)

We're going at some point this afternoon. Wife has to get an eye exam and new contacts first.

I asked if it was just so she could see RR in all his glory and she refused to answer.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Waiting on my wife's eye exam to get done.

Some lady just brought her kid in, who was terrified of going to the doctor. Yells at her to stop. Kid coughs. Yells at her again.

Kid proceeds to puke all over the counter, mom screams at her again, yanks her arm like she's trying to tackle her, and the kid projectile vomits over half the floor.

I loving hate people.

Edit: and the lady just went "she threw up." Then just walks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Deadpool was loving awesome.

The gaggles of eight year olds were not.

• Locked thread