Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

ninja edit: pavelsniped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

open24hours posted:

...no? Are you?

[EDIT: If Aboriginal people were being kept as pets I'd be calling for an end to the practice though.]

But if there were no Aborigines there would be no racism towards them. You can't argue with that fact.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

That's not true. People are scared of and hateful towards witches and the Devil and various other entities that don't exist. More effective to get rid of the racists, or, ideally, the racism.

Besides, getting rid of racism towards Aboriginal people and only Aboriginal people is a pretty weak goal and even if you succeeded the racism would manifest in some other form and you'd be back where you started.

open24hours fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 2, 2016

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

open24hours posted:

That's not true. People are scared of and hateful towards witches and the Devil and various other entities that don't exist. More effective to get rid of the racists, or, ideally, the racism.

We solved this a page back

Birb Katter posted:

There should be forced breeding between races. If everyone is part everything racism should be over. I volunteer to sex up honorary Russian-Australian Pavel Petel.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Birb Katter posted:

We solved this a page back

Don't like my plan?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
For courtesies sake, when you quote a huge post can you please delete most of it first?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

open24hours posted:

Besides, getting rid of racism towards Aboriginal people and only Aboriginal people is a pretty weak goal and even if you succeeded the racism would manifest in some other form and you'd be back where you started.

But now you're just trying to argue around your initial point. No aborigines = no racism towards Aborigines.

That was your essential argument.

Oh well, you may hate animals, but at least you're willing to be a hypocrite rather than hate people. And progress was made.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Sure

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Good lord this thread got started on a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally stupid derail. Also people abuse their children so no one should be allowed to have children ever.

Have we heard how things have gone in Iowa? Don't have a radio at work so I'm a bit short on news.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Well if your goal was reduce racism towards Aboriginal people and that was it then yes, I guess your plan might work in a kind of superficial way. I'd imagine the process of extermination would involve quite a bit of racism so I guess you'd have to work out whether the additional racism you've created would be matched by potential future racism you eliminate.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Good lord this thread got started on a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally stupid derail. Also people abuse their children so no one should be allowed to have children ever.

Have we heard how things have gone in Iowa? Don't have a radio at work so I'm a bit short on news.

Cruz has been declared and Clinton is up .85% with 95% in

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Also people abuse their children so no one should be allowed to have children ever.

That's open24hours' apparent personal belief. I'm just trying to show him how stupid it is :shrug:

PS: open24hours believes Hitler was trying to save the Jews from anti-Semitism by killing them all.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Gorilla Salad posted:

That's open24hours' personal belief. I'm just trying to show him how stupid it is :shrug:

It's really not though.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

open24hours posted:

If they didn't exist they wouldn't suffer at all! I can't believe this is a controversial statement.

Is just an incredibly specious and trite bit of reasoning.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Does that say that I think they shouldn't exist?

I mean I know it's tempting to assume that, but it's not what I said.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Birb Katter posted:

However, it is also Iowa, which is historically a terrible indicator of how things actually shake out.

EDIT: Cracked did an article about it, basically Iowa becomes hell once every four years for tourist reasons, and provides no tremendously useful data for the ongoing election stuff.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 2, 2016

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

open24hours posted:

Does that say that I think they shouldn't exist?

I mean I know it's tempting to assume that, but it's not what I said.

It's a non argument that accomplishes nothing which is the entirety of my point.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Birb Katter posted:

Wonderful! The GOP are doomed I tells ya.

Cleretic posted:

However, it is also Iowa, which is historically a terrible indicator of how things actually shake out.

Oh :(

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Birb is the new amethyst.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's a non argument that accomplishes nothing which is the entirety of my point.

It's a truism. I don't see why people get so riled up by it. I'm not trying to take your pets away.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Laserface posted:

Uh, no. For that, he would need more badassery, elan, and spunk.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

New Auspol thread. Aww yeah.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

open24hours posted:

It's a truism. I don't see why people get so riled up by it. I'm not trying to take your pets away.

No, not at all, you're just getting butthurt that you aren't allowed to own pretty bang bang sticks because an animal rights group managed to stop something that makes dogs regularly hang themselves.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Zenithe posted:

No, not at all, you're just getting butthurt that you aren't allowed to own pretty bang bang sticks because an animal rights group managed to stop something that makes dogs regularly hang themselves.

Not being able to own fireworks is lame. It isn't difficult to train dogs to be calm around fireworks.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Laserface posted:

I'm here to chew gum and give grief. I'm not out of gum yet

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Amethyst posted:

Not being able to own fireworks is lame. It isn't difficult to train dogs to be calm around fireworks.

Not as lame as unnecessarily killing puppies.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
pavel is the new first dog

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Anyway this whole discussion is redundant because it turns out the pet thing is only a small element of the ban.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...2fd0-1454389380

quote:

The private purchase, import and use of fireworks in Canberra is now prohibited, Industrial Relations Minister John Hargreaves announced today.

Canberra had previously been one of only two regions where fireworks were available for purchase.

"Fireworks are about celebration, but unfortunately for many in the community they are about damage to property, distress and injury to animals, and public nuisance,'' Mr Hargreaves said.

This had resulted in significant government and community resources being tied up to deal with fireworks incidents over the long weekend and beyond.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

They're just distractions to take the focus off the undue political influence wielded by the RSPCA.

open24hours fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Feb 2, 2016

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

open24hours posted:

They're just distraction to take the focus off the undue political influence wielded by the RSPCA.

If pets are so bad then why does Pavel have one in this photo?

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Probably in league with the RSPCA.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Everything wrong with my life is clearly the fault of women and not because of my own glaring flaws and deficiencies.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

hooman posted:

Everything wrong with my life is clearly the fault of women and not because of my own glaring flaws and deficiencies.

Smash gender norms then and take your life back

:nws:[url]http://i.imgur.com/4WWA4DB.jpg:nws:[/url]

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

hooman posted:

Have you heard about Men Going Their Own Way? It's a group all about men* they could be right for you.

*hating women and wanting to rape them

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Gorilla Salad posted:

Have you heard about Men Going Their Own Way? It's a group all about men* they could be right for you.

Is it rape if it's not illegal? yes

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

Do I get to blame others and take no responsibility for my actions or decisions?

I'm not really down with raping people but I do like being a faultless martyr that is being oppressed despite the fact I'm a privileged first world white male.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

If that refugee kid didnt exist he wouldnt be suffering.

murder all refugee children

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Auspol: If we didn't exist, we wouldn't be suffering

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

hooman posted:

Do I get to blame others and take no responsibility for my actions or decisions?

I'm not really down with raping people but I do like being a faultless martyr that is being oppressed despite the fact I'm a privileged first world white male.

Hell dude, that guy who raped thay five year old kid's salary don't appear out of the ether

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm pretty sure that's how Serco advertises now:

Ever wanted to rape a 5 year old child but were worried about being arrested and spat upon in the steet? Come work for us at Serco and you can rape women from five to fifty!

• Locked thread