Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico
I approve of the thread title, I also think the National Radiation Laboratory in New Zealand really screwed the pooch regarding future nuclear programs.

Redcordial fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Feb 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico

iajanus posted:

It certainly gave us a lot of ammunition for the NRL thread title this year. Eventually went with a clerks reference.

I've never seen or would see the NRL thread as a Melbournian and unfortunately an AFL supporter, but I want to know the clerks referenced title.

Edit: I would stray to the sports section for the first time just to witness some clerks hilarity tbh.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I read a Junkee article today and it was quite a nice definition of our antipathy towards those seeking help, and diffusion of morality etc.

http://junkee.com/no-shame-why-most-australians-feel-okay-about-tormenting-asylum-seekers/72827

"Stanford University Professor Emeritus of Social Science in Psychology; Albert Bandura’s theory of moral disengagement so neatly applies to Australia’s treatment of asylum seekers it’s almost as if Howard and his heirs misread the theory as an instruction manual. The theory describes the many ways moral codes can be disabled to avoid the negative feelings like shame and guilt normally associated with behaving immorally. It explains the capacity for human beings to be generally terrible in areas ranging from aggression in children, to approval of violence towards animals, to bullying, cheating and corruption, right up to medieval crusades and witch-hunts, as well as modern genocides.

There are four different aspects of moral disengagement, pictured below, and Australia’s managerial elites have diligently upheld them all in their treatment of asylum seekers. They relate to the immoral behaviour itself, the effects of the behaviour, the victims, and the responsibility for the actions.

Moral agency is also minimised by diffusion of responsibility, meaning people don’t feel personally responsible when many others are involved. This happens at the governmental level, where group decision-making is at play. Researchers have found that people act more cruelly as part of a group than when they hold themselves personally responsible for their actions. Conversely, where everyone is responsible, no one feels responsible. This process also occurs at the broader population level and is known as the bystander effect; the more witnesses to a tragedy, the less likely any single person will intervene. You and I can enjoy our delicious carcinogenic baby pig sandwiches in peace because we assume someone else will sort out that asylum seeker torture business."

"You and I can enjoy our delicious carcinogenic baby pig sandwiches in peace because we assume someone else will sort out that asylum seeker torture business."

"You and I can enjoy our delicious carcinogenic baby pig sandwiches in peace because we assume someone else will sort out that asylum seeker torture business."

Redcordial fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 1, 2016

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Thanks for that! Good choice too btw. :)

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Settle the gently caress down you bunch of kids.

Just because this countries state of affairs regarding many things is far below where it should be, doesn't mean this thread should be filled with utter poo poo. Just maybe can we try to keep slightly more on topic, and not act like a god damned group of wild enraged children mid-tantrum.

It was the first day back in parliament today with Question Time, and being an election year I was hoping for more educational loving discussions.

Feel free to ignore me, but gently caress you if you do, for you are bringing down the level of discourse for everyone, and that poo poo enrages me, comedy forum or not.

Edit: I'll take of advantage of this snipe to hopefully lead a more thoughtful debate about 1: How hosed we are, but more importantly 2: What we can do to improve our situation.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

BBJoey posted:

all of you should make better posts. not me though, I'm just here to point out that your posts are poo poo and tell you to do better.

I had more to write but had to help a neighbour out for something much less serious than the loud yelling implied..

Now I'm just annoyed rather than annoyed and productive, looking for better employment has been wearing me down to be honest. I'm going to get back to writing and use my spare time to get some solid work done.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

One serve of Pavel with toast plz

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

open24hours posted:

Question time is a farce, I don't know why they bother showing up.

I've thought similar over the last couple of years, it really is like an expensive and extremely traditional school-yard where every child is mid tantrum.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

The Melbourne rally last night was really great, I hypothetically assisted in burning the Immigration Act in the middle of a sit-in.

Top notch it was.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Premier Dan Andrews has done a good thing, and I approve.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I just wanted to chime in and ask how the gently caress do you people arguing against using PFD's think that they actually restrict your movement in a significant manner?

Unless you are using your old life-jacket that your purchased in 1995 for your extremely dangerous activity, I do not see how these http://www.extrasport.com/ restrict your movement enough to add such an extra risk.

I don't mean to be an arsehole and imply that people complaining about PFD use are overweight or not athletic. My point of view is that PFD's only restrict your actual necessary movements while fishing to a very small degree, and possibly if you are complaining about them restricting your movement, you are just being lazy or are not using your body effectively when casting etc. I mean they even give you a bloody shield to stick the end of your rod into your stomach so you don't get the usual "crutch-burn" from having your rod against your lower stomach while bringing in bigger fish.

What is wrong about adapting to new methods of safety when participating in dangerous activities? I ride a motorbike everyday, and I make sure to wear proper protection because times have evolved and I am not riding a horse on a dirt track, I am putting my life on the line and safety can never be under estimated.

Redcordial fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Feb 7, 2016

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Spudd posted:

I hate to continue to Centrelink debate because it's tiring to even read but tomorrow I start work for the dole. What am I doing? No idea. For how long? gently caress knows, my jsp keeps thinking I'm 35 and it's really starting to get to me.

What I do know is there are "changed rules" the best part is even if you are working casual or part time you are expected to cancel work that day, even at a last minute, to attend either a meeting or a job interview your jsp has set up. Or else you'll be cut off from payments straight away, and it can lead to get a 1 month to 6 month ban on reapplying for the dole. It's nothing but threats and being assumed as a criminal/lazy.

Keep worrying about the very few people loving the system and use that to blame everyone just so you can feel like you're doing something 'good'.

This sort of thing is the loving worst, I feel for you and the position you are in must be terrible and I hope you can find some better solutions faster than you expect.

poo poo like this is what gets over looked when people complain about posting too much poo poo related to the plight of our worlds displaced people. When you start to ignore peoples pleas and disregard them, you are part of the problem for these events should be brought into the light of day for all to scrutinize.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

woah, these last couple of pages have really been... something... And I am questioning many things regarding morality, but it's still a show nonetheless.

Also, let them stay, loving heathens ITC, In This (loving worthless) Country.

gently caress your racist and xenophobic thoughts you loving poo poo eating leeches, and gently caress sending 37 babies to a psychological hell, this ride loving sucks and I want a refund (of legislation).

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Frogmanv2 posted:

there is honestly no point to Laserface at all.

Sorry I felt like I needed to fix your post, carry on.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Outstanding. This could finally be one of the breaking points of many recent actions, being that this single act with all the meaning it carries could force change.

I hope with all of my heart that this single event will either lead to more of such events, or the outright decision that too many have spoken out and they must stay.

Who the gently caress knows what will happen though... And that is one of the worst parts, for all of those 267 refugees who are involved.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Now that is some Innovation.

Clearly an agile approach in action, mr speaker.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Solemn Sloth posted:

Was he wearing a port adelaide jumper?

God drat it, we are saints!

Power supporters are always getting the raw deal, at least we arn't the Pies or St Kilda, who are not saints.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Laserface posted:

Before I interact with anyone I check with Auspol what is an acceptable word to use.

Did Siri stop responding to you after repeated attempts at seeking an answer as to how to be racist without people picking up on it?

Just sayin'

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Laserface aka MajorDisgrace is just trying to find someone to entertain him on this here day, don't be too harsh!

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Laserface posted:

you're really bad at the posting.

Thanks for proving my point beyond nothing else, I may sleep well tonight.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I suppose it is a great reflection of our relatively peaceful society, that this toxic waste of posts is what people wish to talk about in this thread quite often.

It is proportionate to the understanding that boredom is an indication of a balanced life, meaning if you are bored it is because you have no more vital tasks to fulfil.

Nonetheless, these last few (hundred) pages have really been something else, and that something else is 60% garbage trash.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Cory was caught by the press mid-wank while puffin' on some cock, his gag is up folks, get him.

Cory Bernardi snipe; All your heterosexual base are belong to us, all the rest are bestiality.

e: Page 69 Snype Cory Bernardi Edition: Volume Homophobia, 69 is for man and women only.

Redcordial fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Feb 24, 2016

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

That article was some royal hosed up reading, I was as shocked as you were to be honest. Then I remembered who the articles were referencing, then it all came together in an explosion of racial explosive fury.

"gently caress this world man."

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Amethyst posted:

Oh yeah I forgot you can't get a shot of whiskey after midnight. Pathetic. I hate this city.

e: oops this is the old thread

lol can't even get the right thread, Mr Speaker.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Amethyst posted:

I just cracked up laughing from this four year old reddit meme. Hilarious poo poo as always, Ket the fuckhead.

Lol please keep melting down, just keep it in here thanks :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Amethyst posted:

I am calmly flaming Ket, while sipping lemonade and chuckling softly to myself.

You, on the other hand, are currently sitting on a pile of poo poo, which you just dropped in your pants, from having melted down so hard.

Holy god that is wonderful, thank you for your first sentence.

• Locked thread