Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Now somebody put this onto Pavel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Zenithe posted:

Hey people who've done uni recently, is it common to have weird irrelevant assessments?

One of my tasks is literally "draw your feelings" for 1% of the total grade, and there are a couple of other ones such as participation as a research projects and giving course feedback.

At my institution, course feedback is voluntary and anonymous. Seems like it could be problematic having course feedback tied to one's grade. I haven't done stats at my uni, but I'm pretty sure they have a "draw your feelings" 1% grade task too.

Also my school specifically has a big participation element to the marking, because tutorials rely on group discussion and participation in the thought exercises to demonstrate that individuals are actually taking on the knowledge. Past first-year courses (which get a lot of people not staying in the area and just taking it as an elective) a bunch of the smaller participation stuff tends to fall away (outside of attending tutorials and completing homework).

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 27, 2016

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Anidav posted:

Is Turnbull putting a Marco Rubio and just repeating the same lowering pricing line robotically?

It's just LNP strategy. Look also at Abbott's tenure as opposition and PM - just repeat the same lines over and over again.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Jumpingmanjim posted:

What is the AFP doing in Parliament?

I saw the headline on Sky News this morning. Apparently nothing (other than some sort of ongoing investigation).

quote:

The Australian Federal Police have denied executing a search warrant and on the Parliamentary Office of any Federal member of Parliament in the past two weeks and seizing any material.

Officials from the department in charge of Parliament House have been assisting federal police with an investigation.

An AFP spokesman confirmed on Monday the agency had been 'conducting inquiries with the Department of Parliamentary Services in relation to an ongoing investigation'

However, the spokesman dismissed reports that a search warrant had been executed on an MP's office in the past fortnight, nor had officers approached any MP to voluntarily obtain documents.

Leader of the House, Christopher Pyne told Sky News he doesn't know the first thing about the reports or what they are in relation to.

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 29, 2016

• Locked thread