Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Birb Katter posted:

A bomb recipe

That pamphlet about Greens terrorism ... it's coming true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

hooman posted:

Do I get to blame others and take no responsibility for my actions or decisions?

I'm not really down with raping people but I do like being a faultless martyr that is being oppressed despite the fact I'm a privileged first world white male.

Hell dude, that guy who raped thay five year old kid's salary don't appear out of the ether

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Pretty interestin' page about the Sanctuary Movement in the US in the early eighties

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_movement

Though I doubt Border Force would bother with a spy network to infiltrate churches, in the event anyone manages to claim sanctuary

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Despite ripping the higher ed portfolio off Lee Rhiannon several months ago

What ended up happening about this? Last it got mentioned there were divestment threats

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Anyone advocating "safe spaces" and segregation has no business being on a university campus, and that includes women's collectives. That's the sort of pseudo scientific nonsense that has turned American higher education into a public joke in recent months.

What d'you mean by "psuedo scientific"?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

katlington posted:

Malcolm Turnbull says states must lift taxes to share rising health costs
http://gu.com/p/4ge55

Someone should put a bin under that cross he's up on then pry out the nails

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Political Correctness Gone Wild

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Soon a voice whispers, arise, arise!

The safe space belooongs to meeeeee

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

New Zealand is very mad about the TPP, and a lady expressed this to economic minister Steve Joyce in a very good way

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

They have an app now, I am posting from a gutter

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Woah

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Well that's pretty good

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I mean, sort of, I guess?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Anidav posted:

If the ALP doesn't gain in the polls now then I don't know what the gently caress.

Probably not. I'm callin' another 11 year Liberal government

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Takes a real weird piece of poo poo to try'n rile up anxiety about Islam because Beyonce did A Black Thing

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

THE GREEN SMELL

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

hooman posted:

I am also seeking the communist manifesto, and the Mein Kemph to study my enemy or enemies.

Both'a those are public domain, and the full text is probably in the first page of google results, how old is this dude

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Redcordial posted:

I hope with all of my heart that this single event will either lead to more of such events, or the outright decision that too many have spoken out and they must stay.

Here's to hope

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

open24hours posted:

Our politicians are already well aware of public sentiment on the issue. If they wanted to make it a proper referendum and alter the constitution then it might be worth celebrating.

Even in that case, a referendum could only give states and territories the power to pass legislation concerning local definitions of marriage, it couldn't ammend the Federal Marriage Act, because that ain't a part of the constitution. So there'd still be no gay marriage in Queensland 'til 2116

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

chyaroh posted:

Just because we may not agree with the change for reasons of our firmly held religious belief does not mean that we want to burn everyone else at the stake. Well, it certainly shouldn't at any rate.

It's actually just the institutional baseless discrimination, that's the really really bad, hateful part. You don't need to literally set someone on fire to be in the wrong

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I politely and from a place of love and value, denounce miscegenation

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

chyaroh posted:

If I've told you once I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate :-)

I am not afraid of LGBTI people, nor do I hate them. Evidence of that I would define as homophobic.

It's your goals that are hosed up, not wether or not you'd say you're scared or angry. No body really cares how emotionally neutral you can act about homosexuals. You can feel however gentle you like, but you want fundamentally identical outcomes to that dude who wants to cover himself in poo poo because gay marriage carves a smiley face into a pussy sore

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The "don't expect churches to agree or enact same sex weddings" bit is something you might be disappointed with, too.

Most of them're coming along pretty okay with inter-faith and interratial marriage, and progressive denominations "enact" gay weddimgs all over the place. It'll be grossly retarded compared to every other sector of society, but they'll wise up some day

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Ciobo has been trade minister for literally one loving day, and he's on Q'nA, I am gonna watch

I can't even picture the panic at DFAT briefing the motherfucker

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

This is so hard, they'll only talk about Politocal Correctness Gone Wild, I just want to see Ciobo go crosseyed and poo poo his pants when he hears the initials TPP

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

A man once said to me, several pages ago, hope is the first step toward dissapointment

Not a single fuckin' trade question

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Does anybody have the video of the UPF dude crying and quitting because he got made fun of handy?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Nibbles! posted:

I'm convinced there was a time q&a was really good, or maybe I've just told myself that enough that I believe it.

Ones without politicians are still generally good.

I remember a Dawkins v Pell episode that was kinda funny, because Pell could not give less of a poo poo, and Dawkins got real exasperated

I think that one's on Youtube

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Quantum Mechanic posted:

It's never been fully explained to me why forbidding the Uniting Church or Reform Jews from holding same sex marriage ceremonies isn't a violation of religious liberty.

You can have all the ceremonies you want, legal marriage certificates are issued accordin' to the text of Marriage Act '61, which is girl/boy only

Also, what happened with Lee Rhiannon?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Some crazy Canadian right-wing guy dropped the economic migrant line but then apparently criticized offshore detention:

That dude also interjected on the "we need a new stolen genetation" thing with "I don't know anything about indiginous history, but brave ideas like that are why freedom of speech is so important"

That's how blatantly lovely detention policy is

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Endman posted:

This government displaying the bare minimum for human empathy is pretty good in the context of their previous behaviour.

We're bare minimum! Aussie aussie aussie! Oi oi o-:suicide:

It's also a clear admission that offshore detention isn't, in any way, "necessary"

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Laserface posted:

My skinny white boy brother had the same thing happen to him on the night of the Cronulla riots - he was dropping a friend home (they had been working on a music project that day and when the evening revenge attacks began decided to delay leaving until it settled) and an unmarked cop car ran up behind him at high speed with its high beams on, my brother panicked and Floored it to escape what he thought was a car full of angry lebs coming to kill him, and only after he breached the speed limit by 30+ did they throw the sirens on and booked him for speeding. Something he had no intention of doing until they arrived. As a result he lost his license for 6 months, and his job by extension.

Haha

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Why would you want to to spin that as the narrative? How is appearing to willfully put a baby back into a situation where someone is willing to severely injure her to get either her or themselves out not TREMENDOUSLY worse?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I gave up on writin' people about where trawled up refugees are buried, I mostly just got questions back about who I was

Actually, mostly nothing, but out of actual replies, that

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Feb 23, 2016

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Birb Katter posted:

Had a bit of a look through there, it's all fairly innocuous. Certainly no smoking gun.

Someone needs to get Virgil Texas on the phone

http://www.vice.com/read/virgil-texas-white-power-facebook-group-troll

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Honj Steak posted:

:lol: Pegida's gotten to Australia, too?!

We had a full blown anti-muslim race riot a decade ago, Pegida's a drop in a deep bucket

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Cartoon posted:

That is frankly amazing. Thank You for trying to do it. I ran into a similar brickwall when I tried to get the violent cop from occupy Melbourne brought to account.

It's not amazing, it was just ignored emails, and I doubt most the people I wrote would have the authority to find out, or the inclination to agitate about it

A buddy told me he'd bring it up with some ex navy officer he knew, but only if I joined his minority party, it's just not an issue any people mind

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Cartoon posted:

Well it's amazing that all those people have died, been collected by our armed forces and nobody knows where the bodies are. Well nobody is telling. Was there no interest from journalists?

Nope!

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I was talkin' to a friend about this Giraffe puppet health excursion we went on in primary school, and I looked it up, findin' this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zgp7zb-aog

Gotta keep those lungs pristine before we blacken and drown 'em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I have no idea how people could think Trump could beat Clinton

Someone even said she could be indicted for the "email scandal"? Using private email for federal purposes isn't even illegal, it's just against Dem cabinet policy

TOXX! A TOXX ON MYSELF FOR RODHAM

• Locked thread