Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

open24hours posted:

existence enables suffering

wow man that's deep

e: You know the more I think about it, the more I love that you're literally arguing "X exists, therefore X can suffer, therefore X should not exist" which, if you follow the logic, implies that nothing capable of suffering should exist. End all life higher than bacteria FTW

SadisTech fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Pavel pics only make me uncomfortable because I know that there is no potential universe where I will ever look as good as him

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Huge shitlords Marriage Alliance just launched a new ad campaign that will no doubt resonate deeply with Australians:

Follow this tortured logic if you can: Gay marriage leads to "politically correct" "bullying" in the workplace.

So uh. I... it's kind of difficult to actually respond coherently to that really. So I'll hand over to Equal Marriage Rights Australia:

Equal Marriage Rights Australia posted:

While this is clearly a disgusting metaphor from Marriage Alliance, it's not nearly as bad as the group themselves. This secretive collection of LNP ex-candidates, ex-LNP presidents, LNP staffers, LNP-associated advertising agencies and rich children of ex-LNP politicians throw out misleading TV ads aimed specifically at demeaning LGBTI families, programming them during children's TV hours where our children see them. They appear as 'regional representatives' at international conferences with US-based hate groups, while those same groups work with governments developing policies to charge and jail LGBTI people worldwide. We're not the ones holding a noose.

http://www.facebook.com/GMRA1/photos/a.10150171680425516.350414.91345705515/10153786430895516/?type=3&theater

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Birb Katter posted:

Sanctuary hasn't been legal for over 400 years so it's moral posturing rather than legit safe harbour, still a bit :unsmith: though. Some big church diocese have weight in on it too.

It doesn't really matter if it's legal, what matters is that there may be international visibility of federal police and border force thugs raiding churches and pushing religious people to the ground so that they can take refugee babies to literal concentration camps. I kind of hope it comes to that, in some ways, if they're going to be taken anyway. It might be enough to change some minds.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
look child rape and torture is unfortunate but

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

NTRabbit posted:

I don't identify as anything, barring which team I'm supporting at a given contest.

So called safe spaces encourage insular thinking and the stifling of debate and free thought, which is anathema to the entire purpose of higher education.

Bahahaha what "debate and free thought" gets stifled by minorities and/or the vulnerable having a place that they can identify as their own?

I'm serious, please provide one concrete example of the kind of stifling you're talking about, because I can't come up with jack poo poo.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Starshark posted:

Way to avoid the question.

Worthy of Turnbull himself.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Laserface posted:

This thread.

A literally meaningless response, good typical work

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

ScreamingLlama posted:

If it was mostly old and disabled people doing the rorting, you'd have a point. But most of the fraud this time around is being done by Newstart recipients.

Besides, I already HAD my DSP denied once, that's why I had to appeal to the AAT, you dumb gently caress. No, the government shouldn't be tightening DSP eligibility, but that's not the point I'm making here; my point is actual fraud to the tune of billions is still going on, it's not just right-wing noise. (I'm not saying they found the best way to go about combating the fraud, either, but I'd like to see you do better.)

That is a beautiful collection of anecdotes

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Tony Abbott makes joke about wet dreams in Parliament, no-one laughs

The video is worth watching. The awkward pause where he waits for laughs and then looks down and licks his lips is pure, concentrated schadenfreude.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Zenithe posted:

Is there some economic term I'm missing? That doesn't even make sense as a basic sentence to me, let alone as a joke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wets_and_dries

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Birb Katter posted:

What if songs had to wear bike helmets.

I think the song is fat because it has no self-control

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Birb Katter posted:

Me, I'm finding a bucket and a string and going to spin around in circles giggling at how fun spinning buckets are.

sounds good to me

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

if someone doesn't look and gets hit despite the driver driving safely, it's 100% their fault.

No, this is utter crap. If the driver is driving safely near a pedestrian crossing, they can't hit anyone. This is the definition of driving safely near a pedestrian crossing - not hitting pedestrians.

quote:

Even if the driver doesn't slow down when they approach the crossing, it's still realistically the pedestrians fault they got hit.

No. Since this seems to be a difficult concept, let's use small words to lay out the logic.

The word "Pedestrian" means a person who is walking on their feet.

The word "Crossing" means a place where things go across other things

So a "Pedestrian Crossing" on a road is a place where people walk on their feet and go across the road.

This means that a person driving on the road can think in their mind that there will be people walking on their feet across the road at the "Pedestrian Crossing" at any time. Lots of "Pedestrian Crossings" are at schools and shopping centres. Lots of them have lots of kids or old people who walk on them. Kids and old people sometimes don't think very fast in their minds about being careful.

So a person driving on the road should always be ready for people to walk across the road, even without looking, when they are near a "Pedestrian Crossing". This is why "Pedestrian Crossings" are made in our world.

I hope that this has helped you to know how a "Pedestrian Crossing" works better.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

So you are saying because people can't think for themselves, its everyone elses fault when they get killed? This isn't how the world works hth

trolling, or dumbshit to end all dumbshits. Either way, may I recommend :suicide:

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

If you are driving safely and to the law a d someone walks in front of you cause you banned being able to hear a car cause you are a weenie and it intimidates you, its not your fault.

Are you having a stroke?

better not drive just in case

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
The thing about religious nutters is that lots of religious kids eventually think "Bullshit" and stop being religious. The only people who become religious are people who've had a mental breakdown or are otherwise vulnerable due to their circumstances - overcoming addiction, etc. This probably leads to a net loss of religious people over time, despite the way that they seem to breed like loving rabbits.

I posit that the outcomes of this are 1) the proportion of the population who are religious nutters will steadily decrease over time, but 2) the religious nutters will become a stronger and more potent form of religious nutter over time. Concentrating the insanity, as it were.

However, it would seem reasonable to predict that politicians will eventually have to stop pandering to them as the religious nutter demographic grows slimmer and slimmer, unless the loving Muzzos take over and implement that Shareear thing.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

chyaroh posted:

There are plenty of quietly religious people out there who do the Picard face-palm every time the ACL or the LNP open their mouths on religious issues. It's the noisy nutters who need to go away. Just like ISIS are a vanishingly small percentage of Muslims world-wide, groups like ACL tend to represent a minority of Christians. Unfortunately they tend to be both loud and well-funded.

Well why don't those moderate Christians come out and denounce the ACL and LNP? Hmm? Sounds like they actually approve of it to me.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
It's like a troll, but with everything memorable sucked out of it, so it's just like a picture of a troll being tossed onto a table by someone who then wanders away with a blank expression. A+ performance art showing up the hollowness of forum interaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Shorten has penned an op-ed for the Guardian in favour of the Safe Schools program:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/feb/29/bill-shorten-christensen-and-bernardi-remind-us-of-the-harm-words-can-do

I feel like I would if a discarded damp washcloth suddenly crawled out of the corner of the bathroom and started singing opera.

• Locked thread