Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Dont wanna turn this into chat, but I will just confirm that in Perth, pedestrians always seem to wait at intersections and I got caught out by this when I moved to Melbourne. Yes I was obviously ignorant of the law but I guess in Perth it just became second nature for a pedestrian to wait for a car and the oposite in Melbourne.

Either way I am a terrible driver and think any form of mechanical transport should be outright banned so I can feel safe when I never leave my house. Also helmets mandatory for everyone 24/7, bike or no bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

hooman posted:

It's almost like you need some kind of, I don't know, price raising mechanism on foreign imports in order for local businesses to remain competitive. No, that can't be, clearly more free trade will fix this instead. *signs tpp*

What exactly is the argument against this / who votes against this anyway?

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

So the fruitpickers on slave labour wages are being hired by inefficient farmers, or the business is not viable? If it is innefficiency then it seems a pretty rampant problem. I live in between Ararat and Stawell and there are a lot of wineries around, and I think they all employ backpackers it seems. To be fair this probably has more to do with highly seasonal work then anything else.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

And where does destroying car manufacturing fit into the whole economy stagnation thing?

How much of Australias wine is exported?

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

I didn't know who Edmund Burke was a week ago so I just assumed it was Brian Burke

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Anidav posted:

I enjoyed your Queensland Rail war stories, brisgoon lurker. :eng101:

Noone lurks here its just you guys

Link to stories?

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Without trucks, Australia stops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilbeefer