Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

When I was flying I was generally quite impressed with the accuracy of weather forecasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I for one think it's noble of SL to put himself up for added Centerlink scrutiny and I'm sure he won't start complaining when he has to undergo a bunch of extra interviews and medical checkups where a single mistake leads to him being dumped from the system.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

ScreamingLlama posted:

Like I said before: been there, done that. I wasn't dumped due to anti-fraud measures, though, I was dumped from the system because of unnecessarily tightened eligibility criteria.

I'm not advocating screwing anyone over, I'm advocating , you know, keeping the bastards honest.

The loving obtuseness in this thread, gods alive...

And in the real world there isn't a "evict cheaters" button they can press. It's just an increasing series of more and more difficult tests and checks and standards until you are dumping out lots of legitimate claims.

You yourself have had firsthand experience with how difficult Centerlink can be. Exactly how do you propose they clamp down further without hurting people who actually need the service?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

ScreamingLlama posted:

I don't suppose you've heard of the concept of 'degree of severity'?

No?

Carry on, then.

No. but I have heard of welfare fraud and I think we can all agree that it's far to easy for a cheater to get the benefits you have, so you should definitely be under more scrutiny.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Frogmanv2 posted:

I havent had a big mac in years, but keep projecting, it just helps solidify your case.

I mean, if you honestly think that eating and appetite isnt in part controlled by chemicals in your brain, there is honestly no point to this at all.

We are clearly biological robots, and as such we should just accept racist, homophobic, and xenophobic members of our society as being slaves to their biological instincts.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

You don't need to be a bigot to be against gay marriage, but on the venn diagram there's a bloody big overlap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

Man I am probably going to fail at physics so hard next year. Lol.

Spend a day playing with Kerbal Space Program and it will all just click.

• Locked thread