Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

kustomkarkommando posted:

:siren: NEW PARTY :siren: Renua: What happens when you get kicked out of Fine Gael for being too conservative? Well you form your own party of course! Renua where only formed last year and have never stood in an election. Their election manifesto calls on a flat tax and a full life sentence for burglars. Horrible.
Leader: Lucinda Creighton

Uh, what?

Also: what factors help Irish lefties choose between the Social Democrats, SF, and AAA?

Badger of Basra fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

So does Ireland have a similar libel problem to the UK, or is it worse?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Who do right-wing republicans in Northern Ireland vote for? Do those voters even exist?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

kustomkarkommando posted:

If there's only 3.2% between FF and FG on first preferences another election within the year is looking even more likely

Sounds like a great opportunity for more independent candidate ads to me!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Cabinet posted:

I honestly cannot believe FF preformed as well as they seem to have. Martin is such a disgusting goblin with no substance.

Seems like it could describe Kenny just as well.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I'm pretty sure I read an article like two days ago about how all the Northern Irish voters are disenchanted with the system and hate all the politicians. The turnout figure takes down that narrative, but is there any particular reason why turnout rose?

E: I should read the thread. I guess a different question might be how did people get the narrative so wrong.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

How easy is it to claim Irish citizenship based on ancestry? Or is he only talking about Irish-born emigrants?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Hello everyone just letting you know:

https://twitter.com/maxwellstrachan/status/841309446559170561

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/MattZeitlin/status/842803779825229824

(The Federalist is a very dumb website run by conservative intellectual types)

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Wasn't he supposed to stay on just until the US visit? Are they going to keep finding new things to push out his resignation? The next six months of Enda Kenny will be crucial.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Is the leader of FG selected by the TDs or will they have an election like Labour did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

“Long fingering exercise” 🤔

• Locked thread