Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I feel sick thinking that Bruton would be a better choice than either of those other two twats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

Is the leader of FG selected by the TDs or will they have an election like Labour did?

It's convoluted. 65% of the votes go to the parlimentary party, 10% to councillors and then the rest to party members or something like that.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Only if we can get headlines like

Gay Irish Prime Minister meets President Pence and his wife

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

WeAreTheRomans posted:

What are the practical obstacles to putting all of these on a single ballot? I know politicians will say "oh we need 18 months to commission studies and endlessly debate the wordings" but that's all bollocks really isn't it?

Changing the constitution shouldn't be trivialized to the point of putting that much up at once. Each should be given it's due whatever way you feel about each one. The fact so many are needed right now is pretty loving sad but doing them all in such a short amount of time is not good either.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Ah jaysus can you not link a loving article or something.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=751179211749472&id=339089842958413

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

There's no way they'll do an election before christmas right? That will suck major shite.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

kustomkarkommando posted:

Probably early January - the Brexit thing is coming up on the 14th and then there's the whole Christmas thing to get over.

A successful no confidence motion won't immediately trigger a dissolution but without the confidence and supply agreement with FF the government is on death watch and FG may not be able to/want to keep things chugging along until spring (which is supposedly the preferred date for both parties before the latest revelations)

I'm genuinely amazed it lasted as long as it did.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

FF/SF is way more likely than FG/SF. Both would be poo poo though.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Jaysus

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Someone save me some hassle and link to what this brexit poo poo is about. All I have to go on right now is waterford whisperer.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

No, the most surreal thing was after the election when I started getting messages from friends in the mainland asking me to explain who the DUP were, and why Northern Ireland had no Government at the time. "RHI scandal? Never heard of it."

Haha for a minute i read that as the mainland being the south.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Is Mickie D gonna run for a second one?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I had my reservations about him before he was elected but he's been a pretty good president.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

That old bint near the end haha. I love it. She really looks like the actress from Wurzel Gummidge/Sherlock.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

It's pretty unfair to put northern england in the toerag category too. Cornish people are nice but weird though.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Wasn't this pretty much a promise from the Tories that there wouldn't be a hard border and not anything actually written down. Is there anything that will stop them from reneging on it tomorrow especially with them so reliant on Arlene.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

All this Brexit lark is shining a light on just how incompetent Senior figures in the Tory party really are.

It was pretty obvious before this.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I think i will be out of the country for it. Bollox.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I like the posters because they provide reliable and accurate information in a rational manner so that the general population have all they could possibly need to make changes to the laws of the land.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Just read that this guy that was shot dead was only carrying a stanley blade and not a knife as was earlier mentioned. This really seems to be a Garda fuckup because it beggers belief that the only way to resolve that situation was by shooting him. I know most people won't give a poo poo because he likely murdered someone but this is still pretty hosed up.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I don't know that a Stanley blade is any less lethal than a switchblade tbh.

No doubt there'll be an inquiry anyway. This isn't the LAPD so I'm willing to give the ERU the benefit of the doubt that maybe the murdering rapist didn't act responsibly and allow himself to be arrested without the use of force. We'll see though.

I would disagree that a stanley blade is equal to or more lethal than a switchblade. The things are fragile as gently caress and extend less than a couple of inches. Gardai in a normal uniform would have to be massively unlucky to suffer severe injury from one. I'm not saying it's not dangerous but comparing it to an actual bladed weapon is disingenuous.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

John Clerkin.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

He was likely in protective custody and it was a federal prison. I don't know if it was maximum security but I doubt the bollox faced much hardship in the few months he was there awaiting extradition.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

For fucks sake.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

What a loving idiot.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

quote:

Realistically though there's a chance more Labour aligned elements of the party won't agree to this so we might always get a little rump left leaning party that should be good for a few councillors or maybe even an MLA

I doubt it

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

You just need to view it within the context that FF are opportunistic scumbags who will go into government with anyone.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

FG leaning left is a joke. There is no left in Ireland unless you compare it to a shithole like the US.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

It's the height of irony that in Ireland we have a proto-fascist centre right party run by a gay son of an immigrant. Ireland, a land of contrast.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Will this even be a contest? I can't imagine anyone hating on Mickey D.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Isn't this just contrarian pricks pretending there's no democracy if someone is popular and there's no point in doing an election in the first place. It's going to attract the worst motherfuckers possible. I'm surprised Lucinda Creighton or one of those weird brothers from Limerick who hate women aren't running too.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I actually like how MDH addressed the fact he said he wouldn't run but is. He pretty much just said he didn't know what the job would entail but now that he does he's fine with doing it for another 7 years.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Unless he was making a very weird joke it sounds like he's a bit of an arsehole. Sorry for your loss.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I'm just glad they added in a bulwark against a worst case scenario situation with Brexit.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I don't get people's attraction to Gallagher let alone Casey and yet there it is.

Voted at 8 already. Come on BLASPHEMY!

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

kustomkarkommando posted:

Also lol at this FF councillor candidate in Tyrone mess possibly leading to disciplinary action against O Cuiv and Daly

Source?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

There are Irish proud boys? What in the gently caress?

• Locked thread