Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Housing was not mentioned enough during the campaign imo. It's still the main thing influencing my thoughts of leaving the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How long do they have to form a government before we must vote again?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cork South Central still has two seats to fill, Coveney should get it but it looks like Buttimer could lose out to SF.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This whole thing is boring now just give us a government already. A commenter on Slugger O'Toole suggested FF are eager as possible to reach a deal as they may not have the money to effectively campaign a second election.
Just an Internet commenter of course but it's still an interesting thought

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's been a while since they brought it up. Not sure who really wants such a thing at this point.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cabinet posted:

Aw gently caress, thanks for reminding me that they're privatizing Bus Eireann. :(

Not sure how it could become more expensive than it is already

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
A tweet referencing an address in Drumcondra discovered in the Panama Papers leak....Bertie?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Drumcondra address is supposedly related to arms dealing. Doubt Bertie, for all his misgivings, is into that kind of business

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Coin toss

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What is the criteria for a new election then? Who or how does it get triggered?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's been so long I can't remember the order of my voting slip.

Dumb question but can candidates who weren't In the first election present themselves for the next one (if it happens)?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Thought so. It wonder if the Soc Dems can get someone to represent in Cork South Central though tbh you can call that one with ease.
Of course the media will say I'm part of the problem by voting for them and not for a majority government :smith:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EmmyOk posted:

Did everyone see the dismal turnout for the mental health debate? :sadddowns:

Eh sorry everyone is too busy forming a government......:frogdowns:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd be interested to see voting patterns to see actual participation

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The rent supplements is good for some but doesn't address the problem in the slightest

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lol at all of this. Watched him speaking outside some building on Sky News and it's all a bit Father Ted...."I....I can explain everything. Actually....no no I can't"

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
A Healy-Rae speaking about anything other than Kerry? I'll be damned....

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Flood defences end up being pristine motorway around flood areas

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yes it is so hard to get a well paying IT job in Ireland.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not sure if that's a good thing or not but Kelly is a dickhead and I'm glad he failed.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lots of outrage at the census showing that 10% of the housing pool is apparently unoccupied. Interesting number but how many of those houses are in locations that people will accept to live, homeless or not?
If I'm jobless/housing list in Cork will a ghost estate down near Bantry improve my life?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kurtofan posted:

I was looking at postgrad offers in humanities, for instance in Limerick: a cursus in History, a cursus in languages.

Edit; but really I'd love to study in an English speaking country and Ireland seems like a good choice.

I know some foreign folks who love studying in Limerick

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
People are freaking the gently caress out over this Apple ruling but am I correct in saying that they had a setup that was paying even less than Google etc which is what prompted the investigation?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blut posted:

The government is protesting very loudly about the evils of this to keep our American MNCs happy but they must be rubbing their hands gleefully in private. €13bn is what, a little under 10% of the national debt (or almost 25% of the bank bailout) wiped out in one-go?

Or one year of running the HSE

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Are those call centre stories because all call centres are poo poo

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You are only starting to get disillusioned now? :stare:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Referral bonuses are a thing in every multinational. I know Apple's call centre is the holy grail for many expats as it pays 26k in the door and the conditions are alright as long as you can put up with the odd people who work there (cultists).

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why are they trying to attract people back? Aside from the health service there aren't too many labour shortages. Also, where will these people live?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not much gets me pissed off but housing really pisses me off.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
IRexit talk on the radio this morning. Actually worried it may happen. Some woman rambled random poo poo which would be solved if we followed the U.K. out of Europe.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What would we gain?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It was on Morning Ireland who played some interview Nigel Farage had with another station. The sound bytes from people in the street were RTE, though

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's quite incredible, all of it. Hope the Garda Commish gets dragged down with the ship

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
People worried that this isn't a good time for an election because of the Brexit négociations. Wouldn't make a difference they have done gently caress all about it other than talk about the border.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
A few of the IA are too comfy being in power and don't want the music to stop

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can't really choose between Coveney or Varadakar tbh.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ireland owns tbh.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd rather have our retarded grifter politicians than tories and the like

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nilbop posted:

Nordies? Norners, surely?

You're wildlings to us down here (anyone north of Dublin Airport)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Still don't get why people in the south are so for unification

• Locked thread