Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What does Fail means in Irish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Spacewolf posted:

Fianna Fail (yes I know I'm missing the accents) means "Warriors of Destiny" in Irish. Long story related to the Anglo-Irish War and the Irish Civil War.

that's rad :black101:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How hard is it for a European citizen to move to Ireland?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

kustomkarkommando posted:

As easy as anywhere else in the EU, usual 3 month window for seeking employment with the ability to claim unemployment benefit from your country of origin etc etc.

Your biggest barrier will be usual cost of living/finding somewhere to rent if your looking at Dublin and if you're aiming at a skilled job in say the technology sector competition can be pretty fierce at times

I see, and is studying really expensive? I've looked up the costs for a postgraduate cursus for a EU citizen and it was very high.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I was looking at postgrad offers in humanities, for instance in Limerick: a cursus in History, a cursus in languages.

Edit; but really I'd love to study in an English speaking country and Ireland seems like a good choice.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 15, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

julian assflange posted:

I know some foreign folks who love studying in Limerick

My university has a partnership with the Institute of Technology Tallaght, in Tallaght,Dublin.

Do you know a little about it?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Who does Dublin vote for?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
"Sham"rock hats

https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-st-patricks-day-17-march-make-america-great-again-shamrock-mistake-7613416

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Defending itself (or not)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

WeAreTheRomans posted:

if your grandparents are legit Irish, then not very difficult at all.

how about irish american

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
whats the penalty for blasphemy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

not even burning at the stake? pretty weak

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
seems harsh

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Et tu bruton?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i'd be happy with that guy if I lived in trumpland too.

that twitter account rubs me the wrong way, what with the kekistan and soros crap

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
elections in france, and so in corsica, i saw this tweet and thought of this thread

https://twitter.com/STC_CAB/status/873821789910073344

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How are people reacting to the incoming hurricane?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Absolute unit

• Locked thread