Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Did not expect to see this thread ever.

This was like 10 years or so ago and its the only good Enda moment I can think of, back then the Fine Gaelers wanted to make Irish not mandatory on the leaving cert and the crowd you would expect turned up outside Fine Gael's headquarters to protest the very idea so he went outside to debate with them, in Irish. None of them was fluent enough to know what the gently caress he was talking about.

I find myself in a pickle this election that's probably not uncommon. Won't ever vote for Fianna Fail/Fine Gael because they're ideology free aristocrats who just want to be in government for the sake of it, Labour are center right now, the local want to be independents are poo poo, Renua are loving nuts, Sinn Fein don't seem to believe in the legitimacy of the state or its laws and courts and of course are headed by a guy we all know who has ordered murders, the left wing alliance have their hearts in the right place probably but would immediately engage in obvious disasters/fantasy policies and then collapse the government for another election because they're more suited to protesting than managing a country. So who to vote for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Not so much here but the point was more than they would have been murders not killings by the state in say an execution (no death penalty here) or by soldiers, Irish troops go more for the peacekeeping than the conquering. Not even Nato members.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Its pretty disgusting yeah

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Joan was in full seagull mode and they just told her they were hearing nothing

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

He's always denied being in the IRA which I kind of believe because I think they tried to operate it like a state with the political party being the one in the driver's seat, not the army council. Its splitting hairs but its a meaningful hair. I get the impression though that bringing up the IRA is more trying to associate him with ongoing criminal stuff rather than reminding people about the fight for freedom. He could have squashed a lot of it if he was less loyal to people and said stuff like he thought Slab Murphy got a fair trial but then he wouldn't be Gerry Adams he'd be Martin or Kenny. A lot of bad can be said about Gerry but he doesn't lack for backbone, loyalty and the ability to play longterm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Relax, its not like I'm saying I don't think he's responsible. Its like the Clinton difference with I did not have sexual relations with that woman

• Locked thread