Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Goofballs posted:

Did not expect to see this thread ever.

This was like 10 years or so ago and its the only good Enda moment I can think of, back then the Fine Gaelers wanted to make Irish not mandatory on the leaving cert and the crowd you would expect turned up outside Fine Gael's headquarters to protest the very idea so he went outside to debate with them, in Irish. None of them was fluent enough to know what the gently caress he was talking about.

I find myself in a pickle this election that's probably not uncommon. Won't ever vote for Fianna Fail/Fine Gael because they're ideology free aristocrats who just want to be in government for the sake of it, Labour are center right now, the local want to be independents are poo poo, Renua are loving nuts, Sinn Fein don't seem to believe in the legitimacy of the state or its laws and courts and of course are headed by a guy we all know who has ordered murders, the left wing alliance have their hearts in the right place probably but would immediately engage in obvious disasters/fantasy policies and then collapse the government for another election because they're more suited to protesting than managing a country. So who to vote for.

idk, Haughey probably had a few people killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

it occurred to me today that gerry adams' twitter is pretty much exactly what you'd get if clarence BEEFTANK were a politician

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

the real purpose of modern irish is to woo/intimidate foreigns

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

so basically it's 1987 all over again

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Also the whole Travellers thing.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I wonder which is worse: Ireland or a Trump America, because after my degree is done I'll probably move to be with my boyfriend and get those sweet Bay Area IT bucks

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

As an irishman abroad I should have the vote to save you fuckers from yourselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

it's probably because cornish is one of the celtic languages

• Locked thread