Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

You moved my thread here even though you aren't the IZ mod either jackass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I do mod IZ sometimes. Also those threads needed to not be there anymore.

Gah! Tell reasons! Coward!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Discuss.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ominous Jazz posted:

Colonial Fetishisation of dark skinned ~exotic women~, who are stereotyped as more sexual, and so more primitive, than light skinned women.
Except they're elves.

Source: I read a Zizek once, and

I love all Elven women equally. Well Eladrin, Drow and the non-wood elves mostly.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ominous Jazz posted:

It's ideologically unpure.

That might as well the biggest reason anyone here dislikes it.

e: Only reason.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Effectronica posted:

Rules-light versus rules-heavy is a question of ideology?

I feel as though I have been suddenly enlightened.

The reason people should say MyFarog is bad should be more of the fact it has a table for different swimming speed checks than the fact that you are an aryan pagan superman with swastika tats that fights mudpeople who have a strangely semitic faith about a christ-like figure.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

It's also entirely in Papyrus. Today's Nazis just aren't as design savvy as they used to be.

Not on the good old pseudorune font that the Nazis used? Cripes.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also regarding MyFarog, while it's a bad game by itself i'm actually glad it was made because Varg Vikernes was on my list of the Top 5 people to see a TRPG being made. The others being Hideo Kojima, Lowtax, Pewdiepie and Shadman, the group also known as the Five Supreme Elemental Dragons.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Repost but lol thjs is the Five Nights at Freddys Fuckmask

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ProfessorCirno posted:

Can't marry if you don't have a gender, and there's stats for an artifact fedora.

What use would marriage have if you somehow lack a gender.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That precludes the stupid rear end websites, it was the Patriots' S3 plan on MGS2 you dinguses

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Toph Bei Fong posted:

As the quest for peak irony strives further and further, a multi-million dollar company that made all its money on producing addictive and absorbing games that take hours to play and generally have no set victory conditions, and has purchased the IP from the producer of even more addictive MMOs, decries modern technology and advancements. "No, seriously, we're like the good guy hacker Tradition," the founder was quotes as he pushed his VR goggles up onto his forehead and hastily shoved a pile of money into a desk drawer, slamming it authoritatively.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ProfessorCirno posted:

Tower of Doom, Shadow of Mystara :colbert:

Those are actually arcade beat em ups. Don't gently caress with me!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

grassy gnoll posted:

And much like their source material, better games that are actually worth your time have come along since.

Name names.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

LuiCypher posted:

Dragon's Crown?

Dragon's Crown is excellent but honestly other than Vanillaware games and maybe Castle Crashers the 2D Arcade Beat Em Up scene after the 00s is a drat wasteland :(

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

You know how we sometimes talk about D&D movies and what level of metajokes about saving throws and rules and poo poo they should have? Well I watched Deadpool this weekend. Do it like that. Done. Rich beyond your wildest dreams.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

But I hate those guys!

Dude imagine Seth Rogen rolling out a big blunt and playing videogames while eating doritos. He's so loving funny and relatable.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*le me whilst watching the latest Hollywood flick with epic tabletop gamer injokes which also has some drat nice social commentary and criticizes the poo poo out of the cat pissers* drat this is so funny. Ba! Ha! Ha! Oh that Seth Rogen, he's soooo fat and jolly and beardy and likes to smoke marijuano. Ba! Ha! Ha! Anyway, pass me some more of the fluoride water please.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

LuiCypher posted:

All this talk about D&D movies and really we should just hope for an anime about people playing Call of Cthulhu.

But if we must have a D&D movie, hire Terry Gilliam and make a Spelljammer movie.

It exists and it's called Haiyore! Nyarko-san

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Game of Thrones is successful because humanity is insanely idiotic and rotten and must be cleansed.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

done already
http://bato.to/reader#1a0752393467f179_2

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Videogames seeking legitimacy to be seen as "artful" or "big boy stuff" is pure AIDS, yes

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh god why do I want to create a pseudo-retroclone that uses 4e style tactical abilities and Fate-esque stunts and the Cypher System's "I am an <adjective> <class> that <things>"? There's no way that's a good idea.

That's Strike! dude

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Simian_Prime posted:

I'm the guy in the pic reading Exalted: The Infernals

Mmm yes, a fine example of a teenage rape-monster womb *nods sagely*

Me: Hey man do you buy stuff on Fakku books too.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

This thread takes months to get the number of posts other forum chat threads get in a week or even a day.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pokemon RP forums are badass

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tokentool sounds way lot less of a hassle to be honest.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

As a LG Paladin, how should I punish my child-murdering LG Cleric party member? (self.DnD)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

oriongates posted:

Who else is going through an utter gaming drought right now? Other than a lone PbP game it's been months, maybe even over a year since I've played or ran an RPG. Even more frustrating since I've got a ton of games I'd like to playtest and its hard enough to get my gaming friends to try new stuff even when we could scrape together regular gaming sessions. Who knows when I'll be able to talk them into trying out my stupid "lets play D&D with playing cards" ideas.

Get on my Exalted 3e game! It's "open"!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

that's a loving hot take on the united $nake$ of amerikkka

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://humanresources.paradoxplaza.com/

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Assyrian demons haunting american troops/artifact looters and ISIS is actually a fairly cool concept and I dunno why no one ran with it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hahahha I'd play a game where I can be a british ISIS dweeb in a heartbeat

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Delta Green but with the protagonists from Four Lions

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I think people here should just chill and act like adults IMO. I'm an adult, the big guy on the room, I'm wearing my slippers and my nightrobe and smoking from a pipe while I read Plato's Republic, and I don't approve of this kind of bullhockey so the kids should stop with it and get in line or else there's a beltin'.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's a bubble pipe.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Non-standard currency on postacop is old as hell it dates from the original Fallout and maybe even earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Don't diss Yoot Saito's and Leonard Nimoy's masterful experience for the SEGA Dreamcast

• Locked thread