Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iccyelf
Jan 10, 2016
I'm trying to get back into gaming. I read Man of Gold to get some inspiration but it was very bad. What are some cool planner/cosmic fantasy sources? Even sword and planet is good. I haven't played an rpg since 2003. I have no idea what is out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iccyelf
Jan 10, 2016
I'm not sure if cosmic is the right word. Planescape, Silver Surfer, Drullet's Lone Sloane, Metabarons, that kind of thing.

iccyelf
Jan 10, 2016

paradoxGentleman posted:

Are bars with game nights common in the English speaking world? I have seen exactly one here in Italy, and even then it only did some sort of quiz show and nothing else.

Pub Trivia? Isn't that a thing everywhere?

iccyelf
Jan 10, 2016

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Somewhere between fantasy wrestling and roleplay, as I understand it. Heavy PvP elements, basically, much like Pokemon board RP.

Plus creative writing. There are two kinds of efeds. Angle, which is basically two people get together and plan out the storyline for their wrestlers and write the storyline in instalments. climax and resolution comes on the card or where you write a match. A Role-Play thread is where a "booker" matches you up against another person and you both write some prose. The better story wins the match which is written by a guy who only writes matches...ugh, not that I would know or anything.

• Locked thread