Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
In the last version of this thread someone demonstrated a weird poetry form, it was pretty short and extremely restrictive, I can't for the life of me remember what it was and none of the forms on regular lists seem familiar. What was it??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

CestMoi posted:

Was it double dactyls https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_dactyl?? Cos I posted about them in the last thread + they're great. eg

Higgledy piggledy,
Benjamin Harrison,
Twenty-third president
Was, and, as such,

Served between Clevelands and
Save for this trivial
Idiosyncrasy,
Didn't do much.

I write them a lot if I can think of a double dactylic word, here's one of mine
Battery Flattery
Trial of the century
This man’s been found making
Youth’s brains enlarged

He offers no defence
And so our judge declares
Apologetically
“Guilty as charged!”

Hahah yes I'm gonna try and make some up today. Thanx

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I Grew a Beard feels like a pre-poem. It poses a question and doesn't attempt in any way to answer it, it's lazy, like something a stoned person would say and then laugh before moving to an entirely new topic. Answer your question, explore it, and write a poem about that. Then write a poem a year later about why you were wrong.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

flerp posted:

anyways into a real critique of i grew a beard, i dont really care for it since im an image man when it comes to poems and theres no like real images to the poem. while i feel like the central conceit and question is cool, it never goes quite beyond that. it just kinda says to itself "yeah that was deep" but doesnt rly ponder the question and is just like "well reader what do u think" w/o really convincing me to put in the time to think about the question. its just there and there's nothing really there, nothing really to see, and nothing quite there to feel. u dont convince me to think about ur question so im just left thinking ehhhh w/e

I agree I think we're meaning the same thing here. I think I really meant "attempt, earnestly, to answer this question"

• Locked thread