Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Uglycat posted:

I want again to feel
your teeth against mine
our toes entangled,
our tongues entwined
wrapped 'round each other
like oak and vine

Very nice, Leonard Cohen.

You Tried to Change Your Name

You tried to change your name
But every other detail of life
Was, and still is,
Exactly the same

I Grew a Beard

I grew a beard for two years
When I looked in the mirror
After shaving it off
I saw a face two years older

If I hadn't grown a beard
And I looked in the mirror
Would I see a face
That looked two years younger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Calm posted:

I couldn't sleep, so I got the notepad out:

Oh dreamwalker, where have all the stars gone?

Away, asleep, forever lost to night's expanse.

Never to align or hold a sign,

For expeditious travelers, or those who seek a guide.

The only light that's left,

Has already been captured by thine eyes,

Chestnut brown with blues and whites.

Like skies and earth of mortal coil,

Your vision is a fertile soil.

So dreamwalker, a thousand steps are left to pace,

Until you wake to spread your grace.

I don't mean to be rude, but why would you use a word like "thine"? The only explanation I can think of is that it's a signal word used to align yourself with poets of ye olden tymes and give your work a greater sense of gravity.

• Locked thread