Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
http://m.theargus.co.uk/news/14246445.Disabled_woman_s__invalid_car__is_vandalised_because_it_is__devaluing_our_flats_/

Burn down this horrible country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

LemonDrizzle posted:

europol is good posting times with a wide range of national, cultural, and political viewpoints represented. a shining example to the rest of d&d.

Good troll.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Zephro posted:

A Stalinist purge of dissent by loony-left 70s throwback Jeremy "The Unelectable" Corbyn? A vicious factional Kristallnacht literally without precedent in British politics? The first slip of the "friendly old granddad" mask, revealing the bloodthirsty Satanic communist behind?

I hope so

Shoulda taken an icepick to simon danszuck d1 imo

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Better to just wait for Danczuk to impale himself on his own slender prong.

I wouldn't want to risk sacrificing schoolgirls as collateral damage. Plus Corbyn'll never earn the nickname Uncle Jez if he doesn't grow and moustache and purge at least one dude.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Darth Walrus posted:

But... he already has a moustache?

Is a moustache still a moustache if it's part of a beard?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
lol

http://morningstaronline.co.uk/a-c321-Watchdog-probes-Danczuk-for-fiddling-kids-expenses#.VrIjG171FCV

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Pork Pie Hat posted:

She wrote this and thought it was an acceptable sort of thing to put in an actual book.

Stunning political insight there.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

Funny how Cameron's all for locking up a rapist when they weren't targeting children.

lol

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Doing us proud

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

I am okay with Roosh V selling a couple more books to scum if it means rapists and fascists know they're hated and can't organise in public without the threat of getting their heads kicked in.

I want anybody espousing "I should be able to rape a girl on my private property" petrified and unlikely to interact with the outside world.

I want them set on fire personally. I will claim it was satirical after they are dead.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

Good to see the continuing Tory method of pointing out genuine problems and then promising to make things worse.

"Prisons are failing the inmates, leading to massive amounts of reoffenders."

"So are we going to copy the Norwegian model or anything like that?"

"Nah, we're going to copy the yanks and privatise the Prison services."

Why fix a social problem when you can profit from it?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Regarde Aduck posted:

Yeah this has really lowered my opinion of Corbyn :(. Not endless stupid loving polls. This annoying silence when they should be savaging the Tories.

For me this is his biggest failing, he's just not the kind of guy who savages opponents because he's a nice old man who thinks we should be civil even to our enemies when really we need someone to harry the tories and drive them all into the ocean.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
why is this even news?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

Actually the real problem with the left is we're all chewing our knuckles over this and not talking about the fact 260,000 people have signed the petition to get a motion of no confidence in Jeremy Hunt debated in parliament.

It's nice but nothing will come of it.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

thespaceinvader posted:

This is absolutely true, because it has happened before. There was a 150k signature petition for exactly the same thing, it got a ten minute 'debate' in an anteroom which concluded 'something something 7 day NHS gently caress you junior doctors' and went back to selling off the NHS.

Signing petitions is all well and good, but at the end of the day they can and will ignore them.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

PiCroft posted:

I seriously don't get Jew-hate at all. In the aftermath of Paris and Cologne, there were youtube videos about the vents where the commenters were all like "This is the Jew-media wanting to mix the races and dilute the White Race and argblebargle"

You would think that the dastardly Jew would have the sense to not want to import people from parts of the world where anti-semitism is rather rife, in order to ???

Racists are rather odd.

e: Seriously, is this just a religion thing?

Like people have said it's a long-standing thing, I figure it's got to the point where it's kinda like a security blanket for bigots; in a harsh and scary world you can always blame the jews for whatever happens.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I heard the word gaga and it wasn't about the pop star or the queen song.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

All I know is that the dude who co-founded Menshn, but was ditched after being taken to court on allegations of soliciting sex from a teenager, wrote in his memoirs that Milo had a disappointingly sized winky.

lol

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Cerv posted:

also, check out that tie

Neither of those look like human beings jesus.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Pesky Splinter posted:

Some landlords are bastards news:

BBC

funny way to spell all.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Pesky Splinter posted:

I didn't format it properly; it was meant to read "Some, "Landlords are bastards" news".

all is forgiven then.

Pantsuit posted:

e: just saw this absolute gold. hilarious coming from a kipper.

https://twitter.com/c123_adam/status/701056127056875521

As opposed to the slick pros of Westminster.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

GaussianCopula posted:

I have a question for you Brits:

It seems that you have a problem with housing problem and not just in the center of big cities, where it is expected, but also in places where you have huge tracts of land that are unused. Why are you not building more houses? That seems like it would be an easy solution.

Government isn't building because of ideology and private property developers don't want to cater for the people who need housing and would rather build luxury flats people can't afford or sit on empty land.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

GaussianCopula posted:

It sounds like a good idea would be to reform these problems than? It sounds like a lot of red tape and as a lot of your politicians seem to want to cut red tape, that should be the first step.

That would require us to not be ruled by a party who represent the NIMBYS and landlords who have no real interest in the situation changing.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Fried Chicken posted:

UK posters, could you please explain to me how it is that this fellow is the most influential man in Britain tonight?

We are the most garbage of nations.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Tesseraction posted:

Also goongrats on being probated for telling a Nazi to kill themselves... and then having an admin realise what had happened and go "WHAT THE gently caress" and unprobate you near-instantly.

lol thanks, it's my proudest forums moment! I did ask the admin for leniency on the basis that he was a nazi and they were very nice about it.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Renaissance Robot posted:

If only life worked this way. "I find you not guilty of lobbing a half brick at the claimant's head, even though you totally did, on the grounds that the claimant is a nazi and had it coming"

forums better than real life!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Can't let facts get in the way of politics:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/feb/20/scientists-attack-muzzling-government-state-funded-cabinet-office

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Renaissance Robot posted:

No no, this is fine, see, if a scientist wants to lobby the government based on their research, they just have to use their own private funds to do it.

If they don't have any money invested in private enterprise, well, that's their own silly fault isn't it?

The article had me under the impression it was the results they weren't allowed to use, it's not quite as bad as I thought but it still begs the question if we're supposed to be producing research of importance and relevance with this state funding why are they making restrictions on doing just that?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Wasn't the digital dividend a lib dem policy during the coalition?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Lt. Danger posted:

I thought it was from The Thick of It??

There was no difference between the two.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
digital dividends was actually one of them that was used, it was a gove not lib dem proposal though, the other was the business bank.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Trickjaw posted:

Pay attention, or GTFO

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

big scary monsters posted:

It's a good thread filled with reasonable people and I encourage everyone to read it.

Laying it on a bit thick there pissflaps.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

OldMemes posted:

IDS must have saved Cameron's life and he owes him a debt or something, that's the only reason that he keeps someone around who is so bad at his job and keeps creating all these PR disasters.

He's exactly what I mean when I say I don't want any of the current Tories aside from Cameron to be PM, they're blinded by ideology and inflexible to the point of insanity. Granted, so is Corbyn, but at least he's not expected to care for vunerable members of society. If Cameron got rid of IDS, he'd get a lot of postitive buzz from the public.

Cameron put him there and doesn't give a gently caress about what he's doing or the "PR disasters" because it hasn't hurt the tory party politically. Being a callous toff gently caress isn't any better than an ideologue because the effect is the same when they are in charge of the government departments instead.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

OldMemes posted:

That's still more sensible and pratical than anything Corbyn has said.

You're a poor-man's pissflaps mate.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Regarde Aduck posted:

I thought they were saying he was a gay vampire who hides in bushes and sucks on willies in order to live forever. The truth is much more scandalous.

I had always thought it was homophobic rather than xenophobic too, it's a lateral move of awfulness though so whatevs.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Green Wing posted:

:siren: The Private Members’ Bill Effortpost Extravaganza :siren:

Thanks for this!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Oberleutnant posted:

The fash have changed the location of their demo tomorrow from Manchster to Liverpool. Pissflaps don't you live near therE? I'm assuming it's fine for me and a few comrades to crash on your sofa.

I have some friends in liverpool, do you have an info on this I could forward them? tia

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Oberleutnant posted:

Nothing concrete, sorry. If they want to get involved the best they can do is contatc Liverpool Antifa and see if they're doing a public mobilisation. It's all going to be a bit last second I'm afraid. I don't even know if the UAF public demo is going to relocate yet.

They wanted the info to pass onto people they know in Antifa groups there but if they already know there's no need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I seem to remember a while back there was a whole thing about Cherie Blair letting off some dude for breaking a guy's jaw really lightly because he was religious and therefore in her view a moral and decent person or some poo poo, fuckers in power are hella lenient if they empathise with you I guess.

• Locked thread