Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

tekz posted:

It's certainly not an echo chamber. I can see why this thread might find it uncomfortable.
This thread only echoes to people telling Flaps to gently caress off also Full Communism Now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

MrL_JaKiri posted:

No Fluo tribute title, a shameful thread

UKMT February 2016: Our Water Is No Longer Fluoridated
:smith:

Angepain posted:

On the one hand I do like the global fame that comes from being partially responsible for a thread title, however i fear such a title may help spread the worrying misconception that a thread is called a 'forum', held by users everywhere who have not even bothered to learn the language before trying to influence the noble traditions of forums culture. Imagine what would happen if words changed meanings, I can't stand for this
UKMT February 2016 - UKMT is a forum of Angepain-harm

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Man, barely into February and I just heard Lord Lucan died :smith:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Jose posted:

football isn't an italian invention

My understanding is that very little (or none) of English common law comes from Roman laws either.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Joey from Friends is going to co-present Top Gear with Chris Evans. The Beeb are expected to announce Sabine Schmitz and Chris Harris well also present the show.

I would actually watch this.
Agreed, that's a pretty good line up.

I'll be disappointed if Matt Le Blanc isn't exactly like his character in Episodes though.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

big scary monsters posted:

Apropos of nothing much, is it just me who reads the "organic" label on products and has to remind myself it doesn't necessarily mean they're made of organs?
I just assume they contain petrochemicals, based on my flawed understanding of high school chemistry.

Namtab posted:

I would support the rise of the judge system
Aren't we well on our way to eliminating ordinary street coppers in favour of highly armed special response units who hide most of their face?

Tesseraction posted:

If it led to a mass shooting of landed gentry I would accept the Judge system.
From what I recall of Britcit it lead to the exact opposite.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Well, that was a very Pissflaps post, wasn't it?
My take from that is that Flaps obsessively searches for Corbyn tweets, but can't actually bring himself to Follow him.

Alternatively, he Doesn't Have A Twitter but cares deeply about it anyway.

Edit: Oops! Forgot we could embed tweets now.

Kegluneq fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Feb 6, 2016

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

Has he changed his mind since then or doesn't it matter ?

Do you support Guantanamo Bay and believe Assange should be extradited to the US?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

I think he should give himself up to the police to face his rape allegations.

Have you actually read the tweet you shared? Corbyn has been a long standing opponent of extradition to the US without charge. That was the context in which he and Assange supporters were present at the same rally.

Pissflaps posted:

I think Corbyn sympathises with the plight of Assange.
There's literally no basis for assuming this whatsoever. I don't think Corbyn has ever said anything about Assange himself, other than that indirect reference four years ago.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Now I'll never know what Pissflaps' opinion of parmo is :negative:
You're welcome.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Jedit posted:

An amusing picture is going round social media of a letter someone wrote to a newspaper describing how they attempted to arrange a Saturday appointment with Jeremy Hunt to be told that he only comes into the office on Fridays.
That's only really amusing because it was printed in the Daily Telegraph.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

TinTower posted:

Just because she's out in general doesn't mean that she's out to her parents. All her parents probably know is that she works for the NUS in "student engagement".

And yes, she's publicly out on her Twitter account. But let's be honest, most of our parents can't use the Sky box, let alone Twitter.

TinTower posted:

Her parents didn't know she was gay; now they do, but not because she herself told them.

That's the literal definition of outing.

jfc these posts are disingenuous as gently caress. By this logic I should be outraged that you have outed the female LGBT officer to me, a perfect stranger.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Dabir posted:

Anyone who replies to this is a big loving idiot.

Thanks for taking that bullet. (100+ posts since I last checked the thread and flaps was only responsible for one of them, wow.)

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Oberleutnant posted:

I just ate a bacon and egg roll in a packed train carriage. I'm a bad commuter.

You should follow the Corbs and have jam sandwiches instead.

Guavanaut posted:

This is also a good idea. I remember someone in a thread a long while back saying that hunting for food is unnatural because non-human predators leave the torn open carcass for other things to feed on whereas we tend to clean things up. The obvious solution is that we then leave ourselves torn open for other things to feed on while The Circle of Life plays in the background.
Bears will also bury their meat until it goes rotten though.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

XMNN posted:

Wait, the Express is considered to be middle-market ie not tabloid dreck??

It's for people who know, but don't fully understand, long words.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

StoneOfShame posted:

It is a three way tie between Rocky, Triple and Penguin.
This is the most correct opinion stated over the last couple of pages.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Trickjaw posted:

Anyone know what line up of spanners is on QT tonight?

Diane Abbott for Europe and Lord Julian of Downton against Europe for two.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Meanwhile, Michael 'Something of the Night' Howard has declared he'll be supporting the Leave campaign. :allears:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Jippa posted:

Do they unironically use the word comrade?
CLPs use 'comrade' unironically, I wasn't expecting that.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

shrike82 posted:

Ocado's pretty good with service
Ocado are supplied by Waitrose so they are possibly also an ethical choice? They're consistently the Which? favourite though.

Co-op has been the worst high street supermarket for two years in a row in Which? ratings. They are also utterly poo poo as energy suppliers, based on my current experience (claiming that we're £500 in debt to them after direct debit whilst it's almost impossible to get up to date meter readings to them).

Edit: I have two large new Tescos near me and they're both rather lovely. The ASDA is a cramped, yellow-lit hellhole. I like Tesco. :colbert:

Kegluneq fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 27, 2016

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Praseodymi posted:

Frank Kelly's died. :(

Did anyone check for an empty bottle of Purge Floor Polish?

:smith:

Kegluneq fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 28, 2016

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Taear posted:

Booths are actually posh. Waitrose is kind of middle class, Booths is upper middle class.
It's nice, but it's genuinely more expensive for not a lot of reason other than the people who shop there don't care how much stuff costs.

Bit late to this, but whilst Booths is definitely very posh, it's also great for food samples and the tramp's buffet is Waitrose standard. The pastries are bloody amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Though, I mean, "being in a room with nazi memorabilia" being objectionable would presumably make visiting most museums unethical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q95t2ulrXW4

I realise Father Ted took inspiration from real stories about priests, I just didn't think it was so literal...

• Locked thread