Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Sold my vstar on Craigslist two years ago, constant texts and emails saying they can pay for it but need a check, then people wanting to trade a truck worth 1000 less then the bike was worth. Then people wanting to buy it from out of state and to ship it, that was just stupid as gently caress. Favorite and the one that pissed me off, had someone interested and sounded real that I talked back and forth with. Get ready to seal the deal and welp this is for our reverand and we want to buy it for him will a check or PayPal work? :fuckoff:

Sold it for 400 less then what I listed it a week later to someone real and interested but Christ the scamming on Craigslist is absurd. Best way to do it is have big letters saying no trades and cash only in multiple spots.

Even this doesn't work a lot of the time, I've sold small stuff locally (old electronics, furniture, PC parts) and despite saying "local/cash only, no scams/no Paypal", people still try to swindle. They basically just find clever ways to try to fool people and all it does is waste time. I never list my phone number so when they email they get a "gently caress off with your bullshit" and blocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

bean_shadow posted:

The Wal-Mart in my town has, so far, about eight of those self-checkout machines. So they're starting to get rid of the few cashiers they have now.

Funny thing about it is, they're still paying someone to come in and install/maintain those self checkouts. And the people who do so aren't living on minimum wage like their cashiers, so they're either breaking even or paying more when a checkout breaks down or has problems.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Zero One posted:

Publix has no self checkout, no behavior tracking "discount" card, and awesome chicken fingers.

Southern grocery supremacy :smug:

Pretty sure Publix already knows that (a) southerners can't use technology and (b) their behaviors are predictable

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

You guys could just, you know go to a local place

Or try different coffees at home that aren't utter trash. Best money I spent was on a $20 french press and buying bags of coffee for < $10 that last at least a week or two.

People say they pay "for the experience" but if the "experience" is a cup of scalding hot burnt diarrhea garbage served by a scowling sorry excuse for a barista, I'll pass.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

dreezy posted:

Chipotle: apparently all it takes is one freak couple dozen cases of severe e. coli outbreak to take a fairly decent chain to its knees. guess we're all going to moe's.

Makes me glad for the little local places near me with cheaper, better authentic Mexican food. Qdoba, Chipotle & Moes can’t hold a candle to Lina’s or Abelardo’s

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Unfortunately all that matters is this quarter's profits. In the short term dicking over your employees as hard as you can makes sense but it's a real problem in the long term.

Once, just once, I'd love to see a mass walkout from every company in the US by all employees for a day or two, just to show those rich assholes who *really* keeps the company afloat. Imagine the pants-making GBS threads that would happen by C-levels & owners if all their staff simultaneously walked out for 48 hours & told them to pound sand because they wouldn't be able to hire or train enough people in time to keep business running smoothly.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

In terms of delivery to apartment complexes, there really really needs to be a main office with nothing but lockers for each apartment, so boxes can be tossed in and locked, rather than left outside.

:agreed:

Some neighborhoods near me (like where my folks live) have the big stacked mailboxes versus each house having one, plus they have 2-3 larger locked boxes at the bottom for bigger packages, each with their own key. Would be great to have a stack of lockers like that at apartments near the regular mailboxes. Basically they drop a package in the larger box, grab the key from inside it & put it in your regular mailbox so only you can unlock it.

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 00:40 on Jan 21, 2019

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Also Costco actually pays their people

Yup, in my area the lowest paid that I've seen is around $19-20/hour starting out - being in a place where cost of living isn't absurd helps too, so that wage can actually pay for quite a bit.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

BK should go full Taco Bell and just embrace the fact that their food isn't very good but just do poo poo that drunk people will love

They did just release some kinda pulled pork abomination, so maybe that's their plan already

BigDave posted:

I quit eating there because the liquid smoke additive they use to make the burgers 'flame broiled' was more effective then ex-lax.

Huh, wonder if that's what happened when I went there like a month ago...hadn't been there in years but it was on the way home & I didn't feel like cooking. My butthole hated me afterward though, worse than a few years back when I went to McD's & got their double cheeseburger/fries meal, dunno if it was the fries or burgers (or both) but the oily runs was not a fun time.

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 21:18 on Jul 18, 2019

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Garrand posted:

Flickr sounds like a lesbian dating app.

Their mascot is either a sweaty bean or a midget in a pink canoe

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Beachcomber posted:

My dietician MiL always tries to tell us that the whole milk we drink will loving kill us. One glass equals one slice of bacon.

I looked into it and this talking point is from the 1980s.

I'd bet whole milk is better than low-fat considering all the additives that have to be put in to make it "taste like milk" after processing. It's like that age-old argument about eggs where it's like every few years they go from being a fantastic super food to being the worst artery clogging menace on the planet.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Krispy Wafer posted:

Wal-Mart did clean up their stores and put in nice flooring and better organized the displays and sales went down. Turns out customers like crap in the aisles and bursting at the seams endcaps. It creates a perception they're saving money versus going someplace like Target.

It is a nicer shopping experience than it used to be though. Someone finally figured out you could pay employees a bit more, reduce turnover, and save money in the long run. I'm sure they'll realize their mistake at some point and "fix the problem". My employer just boosted pay by up to $2/hour, which sounds great until you realize that means front-line associates in 2020 are making about what their predecessors made 20 years ago before retail became a race to the bottom.

I can't imagine going into Germany and trying to compete against Aldi and Lidl on their home turf.

Reminds me of when Starbucks tried to sell in Australia & people were like "get that bullshit out of here" :lol:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Zero One posted:

It is surprising that Halloween is the only holiday they open.

Where is Spirit Christmas, Spirit Easter, and Spirit Presidents Day?

Missed opportunity for St. Pat's to have a combo costume & liquor store...Spirit Spirits & Stuff

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Akratic Method posted:

I wish to consume from Beverage Orb

Good news! Looks like these got repurposed for booze, I just spotted a couple at the gas station near my house :v:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

InediblePenguin posted:

homegoods got you

At Home seems like a similar place too

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

SerthVarnee posted:

Make it a bakery and we'll call it Bread Zeppelin.

I'm in if I can get the No Quarter Pounder with cheese

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Weatherman posted:

Black Dog with mustard and relish

When the leavening bakes, we'll have more cakes today

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Unless these golf courses exist inside Biosphere II or equivalent, they are not recycling water.

<gestures toward Lake Mead>

Don't care how much "recycling" they claim to do, it ain't gonna fix that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Hotel Kpro posted:

I wouldn’t invite them again. They had their chance, their toxic behavior can stay at home

I mean really you told them not to do something and they did it anyway, is this a one time thing or are they pulling this poo poo constantly? Why would next year be any different?

Considering how much he hates it from his childhood, I'll go with "pulled poo poo constantly despite his objections." Assholes like that absolutely love to stomp boundaries & victim-blame or act like it's just a joke/no big deal.