Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

but letting all the hard working disadvantaged people suffer for the sake of sticking it to lazy people is totally worth it guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

The hard working disadvantaged Walmart employee is this generation's noble savage.

haha you must be a colossal dick head

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

face it: any success you have is due to the fact that you are living in a society full of all kinds of people doing all kinds of poo poo. society would not function without all of these people you have so much derision for showing up and doing their jobs. since everything you have achieved in life is enabled by society you SHOULD feel obliged to mitigate the bullshit the people on the lower rungs of society have to go through. trying to blame those at the bottom for their situation is pointless, as there are always going to be people at the bottom for a multitude of reasons. the only thing you are doing is making yourself look like rear end in a top hat

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

I was merely making a point that people go on and on about how noble the struggle of the lowly Walmart worker is without doing anything about it. :shrug:

seems like a lazy excuse not to give a poo poo to me but whatever helps you sleep at night pal

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

lol how are people so incompetent at running companies holy poo poo

because they care about bullshit ideology and not results

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't know how domino's is doing, but every time I go to pick up a pizza there are like six teenagers in there and five of them are standing around.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

did this thread get moved to pyf?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I know a guy who used to work at cicis seven or eight years ago. Everything he said made the place seem really shady. A lot of the employees were paid under the table, and the manager had him mowing his lawn and poo poo. The manager was also into peddling self help books.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

i really don't even get watches. what's the point anymore

same point they were invented for. you don't have to reach into your pocket

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Darth can smell a millennial post from up to three miles away

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what a bunch of babies

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ROFLburger posted:

has anyone, in the 90 pages of this thread, said Something Awful?

this is some good irony

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

RocktheCaulk posted:

In general, how much of a threat is the entire 'Franchise model' of stores under threat? Chipotle is having ridiculous supply chain issues and resorting to standard terrible labor practices against employees, people are mostly realizing fast food kills them, and models like Jimmy Johns that rely on having a store every square mile of every major/moderate/minor/suburban area just doesn't seem sustainable in the long run. I mean white people do love their mayonnaise on processed bread and food stuff, but the entire franchise model and system has to be under some stress?

please tell us what other foods are beneath you

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

My lovely working class suburb has like 50 vape shops and head shops. They occupy at least one storefront in every strip mall.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

DZ was cooler

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

"Educated students realize this creationism bullshit is all faaaaaaake we can't have that!!!!"

but wait

please tell me you don't have two pledges of allegiance in TX

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

C-SPAN Caller posted:

In 2007 they even made sure to add "God" into it because you know, separation of church and state isn't real.

Guess the gay threat or something started that since there weren't any godless commies to blame

I loving knew I didn't remember it with God in there

I don't think I ever said the Texas one after elementary school

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Jastiger isn't wrong about the south most of the time, but it's too obvious that he enjoys posting about it, and seeing people enjoy themselves makes me want to wretch

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Cincinnati is like the epitome of the Midwest

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

If you've ever met anyone from Cincinnati, you know that it is hella Midwest

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

Well he said in proportion to their population. GDP does mean contribution to the economy. But he meant like they are 3rd in the nation despite having a smaller populace implying they are more efficient at creating wealth (productive) than other rich states which isn't really true.

pumping it out of the ground is pretty efficient

hawowanlawow has a new favorite as of 22:16 on Sep 9, 2016

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

TX is not the only state with mineral and oil deposits.

it was a joke, I'm saying Texas is wealthy because we pump wealth out of the ground

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to make someone feel bad about using ad blockers in real life, and not just on internet forums.

Like, imagine trying to explain to a normal, well adjusted person that they're immoral for not watching ads. You would become the office dumbass pariah.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

trucks: the tapout of vehicles

is there a tapout branded truck? if not, there is money to be made

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

JB50 is such a massive idiot that I remember his username, which is pretty impressive

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

are they actually whining and preening or do you just look at them and seethe like an insane person?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

pretty sure you can't upload images from mobile without downloading the app and therefore seeing ads

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Alamo Drafthouse owns

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Krispy Wafer posted:

The Disney cruise was nice because the whole ship is geared towards kids so you can let your children roam and do whatever. There aren’t a lot of circumstances where you can let a 10 year old run free in a place as busy as that with very little risk.

Putting a lot of kids on a boat with unlimited food can be gross as poo poo though. Our last night dining in the ‘nice’ restaurant had us sitting next to a family whose kid poo poo ALL up his back. Like a second skin. As green as Marvin the Martian to put it in a Disney perspective.

Im good with never going on another cruise at this time.

I'm pretty sure all cruise ships are covered in a thin layer of human feces

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

silence_kit posted:

Is there a better term that gets across a similar meaning as ‘vacation hipster’ or ‘travel snob’? There are many takes ITT about how cruises are low class and tacky.

they literally just cannot stop themselves from talking about how they totally love small out of the way shops and street tacos, it's like when dogs start howling

making fun of cruise ships is just the vaguely topical excuse to get their feet in the posting door

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Last Chance posted:

People aren't objects.

yeah well eventually we'll all be objects that have been up someone's cooter then

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that is a huge blow for me

these are dark times

I'll never be able to say "let's go to buttfuckers" again, probably

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Luby's is most famous for the Luann platter

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Grandy's is absolutely loving terrible, I have no idea how they are still in business

Like do Midwesterners eat it? That's the only explanation I can think of

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

wow they must be coming down here in droves to eat that poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I got the inside scoop boys:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

hey nice conversation about a funny clearly fake grifter voice

sure would be a shame if someone were to come in here and make it about themselves

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

me me me me me me me me me

do what I say

why can't you just do what I say????

it's so easy to just do what I say, just do it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

maybe something a little less ugly than a leaf though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Krispy Wafer posted:

It was fancy to a kid because it was gloomiest restaurant around. Just isolated table lamps and wall sconces with a salad bar off in the distance like a lighthouse, safely delivering you to it's chilled vegetables and cold chopped ham.

I miss gloomy restaurants. Especially ones that served drinks in those big red or amber pebbled plastic cups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzMlaEdRT0Y