Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

[usher playing in the background] this is my confession,,,,,,,, I've never been to ash lake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i guess the devs knew it was super easy to cheese the AI so they gave some of the black phantoms and the king like 10 full moon grasses

im going to kill this piece of crap now that ive eaten dinner.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

[usher playing in the background] this is my confession,,,,,,,, I've never been to ash lake

me neither. never done of the ds II dlc either

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the ds2 dlc is really good, except for the co-op areas, which all suck more than anything in the base game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Benny D posted:

it was one of things i didn't have spoiled for me. i discovered it by interpreting soapstone messages. that first vista, with the music blaring in the background, it's so loving awesome.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tfw you discover the epic ash lake for the first time and cant warp

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

it was one of things i didn't have spoiled for me. i discovered it by interpreting soapstone messages. that first vista, with the music blaring in the background, it's so loving awesome.

Grats on the breathtaking experience. Ash Lake rules

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

[Cosplaying as Wormskull]: rear end Lake.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

there's not much there except that dumbass hydra and the dragon. whatever. i'm here to murk

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Bolverkur posted:

I loved the progression in Duke's, how you got trapped and had to get out of that poo poo was a goddamn tough journey the first time. the design and look of the Painted World was also very tight and the snow a refreshing change. but for me, then finding the completely optional Ash Lake is just jaw-droppingly epic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enkEiD8PC5o

I never understood why the knee jerk opinion to have is post lord vessel areas being bad when what people actually mean is an optional third of lost izaleth & meanwhile painted world, dukes, ash lake are some of the best levels in the entire game & catacombs is pretty cool 2.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Pablo Gigante posted:

[Cosplaying as Wormskull]: rear end Lake.

Your cos play is wrong m8 you should be stomping thy fat little feet about people spoiling your game experience.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if from did an official 60fps remake of dark souls 1 it would probably have the ladder glitch in tact

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm shakeing...my falchion broke mid fight and I swapped to a dagger while dodging attacks and that was the run that I actually killed him on...wish PS3 has the PS4 video sharing stuff for that one

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

Your cos play is wrong m8 you should be stomping thy fat little feet about people spoiling your game experience.

what the hell is this crap

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mysterious loyall X posted:

there's not much there except that dumbass hydra and the dragon. whatever. i'm here to murk

yeah, i wish there was more to it, but it's still a really neat experience

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I'm shakeing...my falchion broke mid fight and I swapped to a dagger while dodging attacks and that was the run that I actually killed him on...wish PS3 has the PS4 video sharing stuff for that one

nice dude

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'll join in when I get home Sunday.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I never understood why the knee jerk opinion to have is post lord vessel areas being bad when what people actually mean is an optional third of lost izaleth & meanwhile painted world, dukes, ash lake are some of the best levels in the entire game & catacombs is pretty cool 2.

I've never heard people say that.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I think the pre lord vessel areas of ds1 are much better than the post lord vessel areas but to say that the post areas are bad is pretty dumb, theyre still really great but I do feel like the early parts are just really well done. I also think blightown is one of the best areas in a souls game minus the framerate drops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Isn't there as boss in the journey to the nexus

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

Isn't there as boss in the journey to the nexus

He becomes a regular enemy in 4-1. I did not count him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

After defeating just two bosses and moving on to 3-1 picking up clever rat ring and turpentine I was dealing approx 300 damage per R1 against the 3-1 boss, lol

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I've never heard people say that.

Was/is a pretty common Dark Souls II talking point, In my experience.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Done for the evening. Tomorrow: World 2 goes Pure Black and then I clear it out

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

So I had a pos tlordvessel character at firelink & decided to finally run down to Ash lake. Environment & music is amazing, definitely had the strongest running around in unfinished area feels of he whole game. Surely this area was intended for something more important. I also remembered that great hollow is why I never came here, I hate platforming with the crazy camera!!

I have beaten this game 25+ times and I never knew there was a giant motherfucking dragon down here

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I'm at those 3 red phantom assholes behind the mist in the first DLC in DS2. I will kill them soon to contribute to your killing spree

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I need to replay SOTFS. It's the only one that I couldn't really get into.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm trying to play shadow tower because the kings field games aren't on PSN and holy dhit are these controls awful. Also it's kinda bizarre seeing the from logo come up after the psx boot sound

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

I'm trying to play shadow tower because the kings field games aren't on PSN and holy dhit are these controls awful. Also it's kinda bizarre seeing the from logo come up after the psx boot sound

I've messed around with the some of the kings field games and while they are fascinating to see that the basic framework of the souls design has existed for 20 years, I found them extremely difficult to actually play because the controls aren't great and they move slow as molasses. Idk if Shadow Tower is any better in that respect

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I've messed around with the some of the kings field games and while they are fascinating to see that the basic framework of the souls design has existed for 20 years, I found them extremely difficult to actually play because the controls aren't great and they move slow as molasses. Idk if Shadow Tower is any better in that respect

It is by far the worst of them when it comes to movement but people rave about how great the dungeon crawl was so I wanted to see. I really wish they would just patch in analog controls to the ps3 version it would make it thousands of times better

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
kings field iv is loving great, but i couldn't finish it or replay it because of the move speed. great exploration though...

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
until i figured out how to trivially kill them, hydras blew my mind in dark souls

they're just so huge and threatening

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

sector_corrector posted:

kings field iv is loving great, but i couldn't finish it or replay it because of the move speed. great exploration though...

erhm... was this in america?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
fuckings field 4

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

fuckings field 4

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

fuckings field 4

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Was/is a pretty common Dark Souls II talking point, In my experience.

Erm... :cripes:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black Baby Goku posted:

erhm... was this in america?

yeah, it's subtitled the ancient city, and is on ps2. i had a hard time getting the rom to work when i tried it. i think it's pretty cheap as a used disc if you have anything that can play it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I missed out on buying King's Field IV on a fleamarket once, because I hesitated. Never hesitate, gamers.

• Locked thread