Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

how have you enver played the dark souls dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
artorias is such a good boss

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I've never heard people say that.

i have. i agree with keven

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'm playing Dark Souls 1 for the first time at the moment. I'm currently at the bottom of Blighttown.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
people aways said the post vessel stuff is clearly incomplete, not really that it's bad. They usually say blightown is bad but that's probably because of framerate dips

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I wouldn't know :smug:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

artorias is such a good boss

artorias is the goddamn best. for me then the fun depends a lot on your tactics. the fight against artorias is a knightly duel. i always respect that and use fitting weaponry. no magic, no hueg str poo poo. my friend used his regular tactic of beating things to poo poo in heavy armor with a huge sword. artorias was not a remarkable fight in his eyes. my first fight was with a two handed katana while wearing the wanderer's set. it was a long, tough fight, where i had to always keep moving and time my hits perfectly. it took forever, but when i beat him it was goddamn legendary.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The nice thing about going back to demons and dark (haven't played Dark II in a while) after completing Bloodborne DLC is that you feel like Neo in that scene at the end of matrix where everyone is moving at 1/4 speed and you still move normally

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Bolverkur posted:

artorias is the goddamn best. for me then the fun depends a lot on your tactics. the fight against artorias is a knightly duel. i always respect that and use fitting weaponry. no magic, no hueg str poo poo. my friend used his regular tactic of beating things to poo poo in heavy armor with a huge sword. artorias was not a remarkable fight in his eyes. my first fight was with a two handed katana while wearing the wanderer's set. it was a long, tough fight, where i had to always keep moving and time my hits perfectly. it took forever, but when i beat him it was goddamn legendary.

facing artorias as a spellcaster for the first time ever without knowing spoilers is some scary poo poo imo

with the other dlc bosses you kinda steel yourself for a tough fight, so they don't feel so overwhelming

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Manus kicked my rear end a lot before I figured out the trick

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

Manus kicked my rear end a lot before I figured out the trick

he was kicking my rear end because i had to keep switching to the pendant to reflect his poo poo and sometimes id just swig estus and get murdered

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SM64Guy posted:

he was kicking my rear end because i had to keep switching to the pendant to reflect his poo poo and sometimes id just swig estus and get murdered

I didn't even have the pendant or baby sif... :doh:

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Black Baby Goku posted:

I didn't even have the pendant or baby sif... :doh:

yeah i always hear people saying that and i have no idea how youd do it, dodging his magic is hard work. id like to do the dlc again but i think i'll do it on some other character i have instead of doing it sl1, lol. i think i could beat artorias at sl1 at least but not manus or kalameet

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i dont think i ever actually finished off kalameet because i wanted its tail so bad and i was too prideful to use summons

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

they really made you loving work for kalameets tail. the longest boss fight

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

seathe is another one. nicest boss youll ever meet but if youre trying to get his tail hes a twisted loving psycho

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

tfw you're a blaster sorcerer trying to fight Seath

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only time I've done ranged magic was early DSII with the sunlight spear when it was extremely powerful and could 4 shot most NG bosses

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Soul Spear is ridiculous and rules. Crystal Soul Spear with one of the half casts staves that way increase the power of a spell is absolutely ludicrous damage.

I wish Dark Souls 2 magic was good.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I have killed manus at least a dozen times and I have no idea what this amulet you guys are talking about is

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Benny D posted:

I have killed manus at least a dozen times and I have no idea what this amulet you guys are talking about is

you find it behind a secret wall with a dev sign that says let there be light or something, and you shine a lantern on it and the wall opens up

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

it reflects his magic or something along those lines, ive never had a problem just dodging it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sitting at work thinkeing about demons souls.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Goat posted:

i dont think i ever actually finished off kalameet because i wanted its tail so bad and i was too prideful to use summons

What weapon do you get for his tail??

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it's just a fuckoff huge greatsword that has no stat scaling at all, i don't remember why i wanted it

maybe it could be magic weaponed?

edit: yeah i was gonna crystal magic weapon it and try it as a build

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started listening to Bonfireside Chat and it's pretty cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

obsidian greatsword looked loving cool, it had a badass AOE black fire attack, and the damage was competitive with most endgame stuff + you could enchant it.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Average Bear posted:

>tfw no demon souls or bloodborne

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played this series for probably 500+ hours and I never knew there was a plot in any of them.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Here's the thread where I admit I've owned Bloodborne since not long after release and I only just made it to Vicar Amelia

program666
Aug 22, 2013

In Training posted:

I've played this series for probably 500+ hours and I never knew there was a plot in any of them.

I watched a youtuber telling the most probable backstory behind it all, it was cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Here's the thread where I admit I've owned Bloodborne since not long after release and I only just made it to Vicar Amelia

It's my favorite of the 4, enjoy

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Pablo Gigante posted:

my gut is telling me to flame you for this but im not going to. have fun with the best game in the series

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BB > DeS > DkS > DkSII, personally

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Same

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They're all good in my book

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Why do you like Demon's more than Dark Souls?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

yes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Why do you like Demon's more than Dark Souls?

I like that the structure is a Super Mario map, and it was the first one I played and it's still the most surprised and excited a game has ever made me, when I first spent hours trying to pick apart the oddness of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's also the one I've beaten the most since the way you can pick and choose levels to beat makes it really fun to rush very specific weapons and play the whole game with a particular loadout.

• Locked thread