Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
until i figured out how to trivially kill them, hydras blew my mind in dark souls

they're just so huge and threatening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
artorias is such a good boss

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i dont think i ever actually finished off kalameet because i wanted its tail so bad and i was too prideful to use summons

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Soul Spear is ridiculous and rules. Crystal Soul Spear with one of the half casts staves that way increase the power of a spell is absolutely ludicrous damage.

I wish Dark Souls 2 magic was good.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it's just a fuckoff huge greatsword that has no stat scaling at all, i don't remember why i wanted it

maybe it could be magic weaponed?

edit: yeah i was gonna crystal magic weapon it and try it as a build

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
man i never feel like i do enough damage in dark souls 2

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i think i'm going to go full havel armor in dark souls 2 because it seems like the stats allow it a lot more easily than dark souls 1 did

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
npc invaders are harder than most of the bosses for me so far in dark souls 2

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i'm at the spider area in dark souls 2

i got to that area with all the spikes on the floor and i had a billion spiders and peasants around me, so i walked out on the spikes and hung out there until everything died trying to get to me

it was the most annoying sound assault a game has thrown at me in a long time, every shank sound is played at max volume multiple times a second for each enemy

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i need to get a weapon with a long reach in dark souls 2 for use outside of hallways.

i'm running full havel armor and a gyrm greatshield and using a mace right now

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i went str/int build my second run

when something didn't die to soul spear it died to black knight greatsword. it was a very satisfying run

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
complete bitch confession: i've never beaten the boss pursuer without the crossbow

i duel it every other time but when it's a boss i cn't deal with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
The first Dragonrider is such a weird boss. I kept expecting him to actually do something dangerous but he never really did

I didn't even find one of the levers to make the arena bigger

• Locked thread