Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

KennyMan666 posted:

Not in your wildest dreams.

Especially not with how the first round, which for everyone consisted of building two infantries and for some of us also moving a predeployed infantry, took four days.

So you'd say the game with three Olafs is moving at a glacial pace?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Slur posted:

If that's the case, then is there anyone who would like to participate in a few exhibition rounds while this game finishes? I can set up a team battle, a broken CO game, and maybe a few gimmick games here and there.

I'd be down with that.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm up if you think a probably bad new player in a broken CO game would be a source of humour. :v:

Actually scratch that I don't have access to a computer at the moment. But it's a thought.

chaosrefined
Dec 27, 2012
More than happy to participate in a team match or a broken CO match if you're ok with that, Slur?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Alright. I'm going to have a discussion with a few friends of mine who are familiar with the ins and outs of Advance Wars, and see what kind of interesting exhibition matches we can come up with together. After that, I'll open registration again.

Everything should be up by day's end, assuming I don't get lazy or distracted. I'll try and at least make a few new games, and get as many people involved who are interested as possible.

Feel free to leave suggestions in the thread.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Sure, I'd be up for a team game or a broken CO match (no surprises who I'd pick for that :v:)

I'm still not sure what to do with the free avatar change I've won - I'm pretty happy with my current avatar. I could just put "Goon AWBW Tourney Winner 2016" underneath it or something. Unless Doctor Reynolds has a better use for it.

e: too slow, Chicken Merango, too slow for this cat.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Paul.Power posted:

I'm still not sure what to do with the free avatar change I've won - I'm pretty happy with my current avatar. I could just put "Goon AWBW Tourney Winner 2016" underneath it or something. Unless Doctor Reynolds has a better use for it.

I have to admit, I was a bit happy when I crashed out of the tournament. I was not looking forward to having to edit an Olaf hat onto my current avatar.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

TheMcD posted:

I have to admit, I was a bit happy when I crashed out of the tournament. I was not looking forward to having to edit an Olaf hat onto my current avatar.

"For me, my skill isn't about uniting people...it's all about letting the winds of war bring snow"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mr. Locke posted:

So you'd say the game with three Olafs is moving at a glacial pace?

please, snow more

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
I discovered this game through this thread and would love to play in a team game or exhibition match (or anything really). I like to pretend like I'm good at turn-based strategy games. Is there an IRC channel everyone hangs out in?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Decoy Badger posted:

I discovered this game through this thread and would love to play in a team game or exhibition match (or anything really). I like to pretend like I'm good at turn-based strategy games. Is there an IRC channel everyone hangs out in?

irc.synirc.net #awgoons

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Tag game for an exhibition match maybe? I mean if we're considering broken COs, why not a whole broken mechanic?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'd be happy to participate.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I have a few ideas in mind now. It's late at night though right now, so I'll post them tomorrow.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Alright, so for the exhibition match, the rules stay the same as they always do unless stated otherwise. The boot interval will be set down to 5 this time, as there haven't been any bugs with the AWBW system in quite a few months. The AET interval on all games shall also be set to 10.

When getting into any game, please do your best to select COs you haven't played as in the tournament. I won't enforce this as a rule, but I like variety and to see different playstyles from each player every time they go in. It makes it easier to commentate on as well.

For the time being, you may sign up to only one of these games. Choose wisely.

Free For All 4 Player Match - Fog

Sign-Up List:

• Slur
  • Decoy Badger
  • Twib
  • Eeepies

Map: http://awbw.amarriner.com/prevmaps.php?maps_id=20218

Conditions: Fog is on

Free For All 4 Player Match - No Fog

Sign-Up List:

• Monk E
  • chaosrefined
  • JunpeiHyde
  • Endorph

Map: http://awbw.amarriner.com/prevmaps.php?maps_id=32732

Conditions: N/A

Broken CO Match 1

Sign-Up List:

• Einwand
  • Doctor Reynolds

Map: http://awbw.amarriner.com/prevmaps.php?maps_id=65950

Conditions: No unit or CO bans will be in place

Broken CO Match 2:

Sign-Up List:

• Kennyman666
  • ???

Map: http://awbw.amarriner.com/prevmaps.php?maps_id=50857

Conditions: Same as Broken CO Match 1

Dual Strike Match:

Sign-Up List:

• Successful Student
  • ???

Map: http://awbw.amarriner.com/prevmaps.php?maps_id=53073

Conditions: Tag will be enabled, allowing players to select 2 COs.

Boss Game:

Sign-Up List:

• TheMcD
  • Paul.Power
  • Doctor Reynolds
  • Yorkshire Tea
  • RoninOfDreams

Map: http://awbw.amarriner.com/prevmaps.php?maps_id=11815

Conditions: Orange Star, Blue Moon, Green Earth and Yellow Comet on Team A. Black Hole on Team B.

Team Battle

Sign-Up List:

• ???
  • ???
  • ???
  • ???

Map: http://awbw.amarriner.com/prevmaps.php?maps_id=26599

Conditions: Orange Star and Yellow Comet on Team A. Blue Moon and Green Earth on Team B.

Flak vs Jugger

Sign-Up List:

• Einwand
  • Endorph

Map: http://awbw.amarriner.com/prevmaps.php?maps_id=61584

Conditions: All other COs besides Flak and Jugger are banned. Coordinate with your partner to ensure that a mirror match does not happen.

Slur fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 18, 2016

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I'll partake in Broken CO Game 2.

Monk E
May 19, 2009
I'll take a spot in Free For All 4 Player Match - No Fog.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I'll play in broke CO game #1, map seems a bit more interesting than #2's.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

I'd like to get in on Boss Game, preferably as Blue Moon (no, I'm not picking Olaf again, though I probably would have if you didn't mention picking somebody else).

chaosrefined
Dec 27, 2012
I'd like a spot in FFA 4 player match no fog please

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I'll have a go at being the boss in the boss game. It's thematically appropriate at this point, at least :smug:.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'm in for any game. I want my redemption.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
In on the Free For All 4 Player Match - Fog match (username is convider).

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Joined the Free For All Fog match, username is Twib - time to use Sonja for literally the first time ever.

Successful Student
Jan 29, 2009
I'd like to join the Dual Strike match, if possible.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Signed up for the 4 players FFA - Fog on.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Now that we have four players, looks like the first exhibition match, FFA - Fog of War, has started. Eeples, you're up - and I'd invite everyone to watch but I imagine that only players can see anything.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm down for free for all no fog, and or flak vs jugger (I call Jugger)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

made the FFA no fog game. password is goon.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'll play in the Boss game. Vengeance!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I will... probably sign up for something but I'm not home for like a week still. If there's a game still not full then and that's not too long for you to just kill them I'll consider it then.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'll fight a boss...like a boss.

Edit: I'm also up for the team battle to hide my scrubbiness.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 15, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ffa no fog has started!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Endorph posted:

ffa no fog has started!

I like the variety of COs in this match

There's still a few slots open for those who want to join in.

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Even Death laughs when the nukes begin to rain.
Through the series of unfortunate events simply known as this LP, I've been bitten by the AW bug all over again. So I hopped onto the IRC and simply posted this htere:

quote:

[03:17] <RoninOfDreams> The tournament thread has been hilarious. Thank you all (and pass this to folks not present if you would) for rekindling enjoyment in the AW series.

Still totally true. The unfortunate events that have followed have basically wound up conning me into playing AWBW for the first time in years. And I wholly blame Slur. Still remember my login, somehow, and it still works despite all the hiccups and data loss from the site being random over the years. That said! I am a total scrub, and am bound to make horrible decisions. If the team doesn't mind the occasional question fielded their way, however, I'll own up and throw my hat into the Boss map.

Given it is Paul.Power as the boss, however, its up to them.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Feel free to set up the games at your leisure, guys.

Either way, we have 10 more slots to go. I'm surprised we even got this many people.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Boss game is up, I think? Password is "goons", hope I didn't gently caress anything up.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Well, who ever takes the other slot in the broken CO #1, I've gotten the game set up. The password is shatter.

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Even Death laughs when the nukes begin to rain.
Unsurprisingly, I am the last to join the map. Also, more of the blaming of Slur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

The boss game is live, an- OH SNAP.

• Locked thread