Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
"Good day sir is this <mangled_pronunciation> of <truncated_company_name>? I am calling on behalf of <company_IDGAF_about> because we would like to send you our latest whitepaper about <subject_IDGAF_about> and we need to confirm that your email address is <correct_email>."

8 or 9 times a week.

I do not understand this marketing strategy.

not only did I not have any interest in your company, I will now actively avoid doing any business with you.

thanks for interrupting me, assholes! just send your fuckin marketing emails. Call or no call they all go into the junk folder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

tbf it's your fault for giving anybody your phone number in the 21st century

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

when my desk phone rings i press a button labeled "iDivert" and it stops ringing. i have no idea what happens to the phone call. i also don't know my voicemail password

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
My voicemail light has been lit and "New Callers" has been 99 since i took over my desk. I only ever use it to dial in to conference calls on speakerphone just to annoy everyone.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
server side voicemail is a scam. attach that poo poo to an email and fire it into the users box. let them deal with that poo poo

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

hi man just calling to tell you i sent you an email

tempted to answer by mailing a letter telling him about a fax he's about to get

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I put electrical tape over the voicemail light on my desk phone. I also do not know my voicemail password.

seems to be working as intended

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
just unplug your phone and if anyone ever complains blame IT

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

As a Millennial I posted:

tbf it's your fault for giving anybody your phone number in the 21st century

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I put electrical tape over the voicemail light on my desk phone. I also do not know my voicemail password.

seems to be working as intended

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

when my desk phone rings i press a button labeled "iDivert" and it stops ringing. i have no idea what happens to the phone call. i also don't know my voicemail password

lol

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
my desk phone has never been plugged in.

we got voip set up in the office and i was given a phone but its just a weight to hold some stuff down at this point.

no clue what my extension is.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

when my desk phone rings i press a button labeled "iDivert" and it stops ringing. i have no idea what happens to the phone call.

ill try this next time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

"Welcome to Hausbus, press 7 minus 6 to ring the phones, press the number of possible states of a bit to leave a voicemail, Press the square root of nine to hear Bitcoin prices, Press how many balls there are on a cliff to hear a kitty meow, Press nine to hang up."

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

quote:

Incoming phone calls are immediately forwarded to voicemail when the iDivert key is used. The iDivert softkey option is similar to the Ignore key found on Windows Mobile and other popular cell phones. The calling party will probably know that their call has been forwarded to voicemail too soon if the iDivert key is used.

good

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

drat, i don't want them to think i might actually get their voicemail and respond. i need a new tactic

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

tested from my cell phone, the answer button turns into the hold button after picking up so if i mash it twice it gives them this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW0VYKtJisw

this is my new tactic

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

"Welcome to Hausbus, press 7 minus 6 to ring the phones, press the number of possible states of a bit to leave a voicemail, Press the square root of nine to hear Bitcoin prices, Press how many balls there are on a cliff to hear a kitty meow, Press nine to hang up."

hell yes

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i have a office phone and most of the voicemails left on it are from the nearest hospital from a lady who wants me to bring her cigarettes at ungodly hours of the night. its so depressing. also 2 different penitentiaries in the area have left their automated message about inmate wanting to speak w me on my answering machine

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

obstipator posted:

i have a office phone and most of the voicemails left on it are from the nearest hospital from a lady who wants me to bring her cigarettes

three voicemails last year were from an obviously elderly lady asking me, please, for an update on cheryl's condition

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i love the pbx

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
u should hear my epic hold music

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i don't get phone calls for anybody, but i do get a lot of tax documents from the VA and the bank for the old man who used to live in my apartment.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i don't get phone calls for anybody, but i do get a lot of tax documents from the VA and the bank for the old man who used to live in my apartment.

u got phone service and a fax at home? thats badass

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
remember in the 90s the ude call ppls houses to talk to ppl. and sometimes sum1 would pick up, hehe. and ude haveto say "hello mister bergstein, is jenny around?" and then ude haveto make smalltalk while she came to the phone. remember? remember the 90s?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
hows ur mother jimmy
oh shes well
and your father?
him too
oh thats too bad. was lookign for some side action
what?
im just kidding son. ok here she is. im handing the phone over

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Smythe posted:

u got phone service and a fax at home? thats badass

i have phone service but i've never plugged a phone into it, i only got it recently because comcast gave me a discount for getting a phone for some reason. i'm talking snail mail here. a person brings me stuff with another guy's name on it.

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

~see my amazon wishlistu~

quote:

light stuck on

have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

a person brings me stuff with another guy's name on it.

that's called the usps

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

lol

my voicemail is not even activated :vd:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i have phone service but i've never plugged a phone into it, i only got it recently because comcast gave me a discount for getting a phone for some reason. i'm talking snail mail here. a person brings me stuff with another guy's name on it.

oh yea thats epic as hell too

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
i like to push the asterisk button because it looks like a butthole

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
heres a little wrench in the yosmachine: i check my voicemail religiously and i know my voicemail password.

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

of course you do lol

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

nobody suspected otherwise

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
am i getting flamed here? are ownbombs being delivered upund my head?

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
frankly put i think it's irresponsible for them to make a butthole button. i mean it's like why wouldn't i put my finger there

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
my freshman year of college, we still had landlines in our rooms and some dad left a voicemail on my phone singing something alone the lines of HI ITS YOUR FATHER WONT YOU CALL ME BACK? PLEASE CALL ME BACK. DONT MAKE ME WAIT. DO YOU WANT ME TO PICK YOU UP IN MONTAUK TODAYYYYYY??????

I kept it the whole year

didn't call him back

work related: we use a work chat at work and everyone's name is "FirstName LastName [ext]" except me. I have no extension listed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

craisins posted:

my freshman year of college, we still had landlines in our rooms and some dad left a voicemail on my phone singing something alone the lines of HI ITS YOUR FATHER WONT YOU CALL ME BACK? PLEASE CALL ME BACK. DONT MAKE ME WAIT. DO YOU WANT ME TO PICK YOU UP IN MONTAUK TODAYYYYYY??????

I kept it the whole year

didn't call him back

work related: we use a work chat at work and everyone's name is "FirstName LastName [ext]" except me. I have no extension listed

Respect Dad

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Smythe posted:

remember in the 90s the ude call ppls houses to talk to ppl. and sometimes sum1 would pick up, hehe. and ude haveto say "hello mister bergstein, is jenny around?" and then ude haveto make smalltalk while she came to the phone. remember? remember the 90s?

aaag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

graph posted:

aaag parents

• Locked thread