Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is this game better than Earthbound? Because I couldn't get into that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Pablo Gigante posted:

I ate a really good sandwich for lunch today, it had grilled chicken, melted swiss, bacon, spinach, onion and olive oil

sounds yummy dude. im eating a piece of poop

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I ate a really good sandwich for lunch today, it had grilled chicken, melted swiss, bacon, spinach, onion and olive oil

drat man now i want a sandwich.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rediscover posted:

sounds yummy dude. im eating a piece of poop

Why would you eat yourself.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

After work I'm gonna get a coffee, go home and play Bloodborne

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

earthbound is the stupid hipster game tumblr and fags like the OP desperately want you to play like undertale

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

i like it a lot better than earthbound. the combat especially is way more fun because you have to hit the a button on beat to the music to do Combos

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Pablo Gigante posted:

Why would you eat yourself.

gently caress you!!! Die bitch

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

In Training posted:

Some big differences here and there, but the battle system's pretty similar and it's still got the same sense of humor, the only big difference is the story's got much more of an emotional punch. If you wanted Earthbound to make you cry it's worth a play but otherwise you probably won't like Mother 3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

i like it a lot better than earthbound. the combat especially is way more fun because you have to hit the a button on beat to the music to do Combos

Oooo some Mario rpg style stuff? Neato

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Coffee makes me poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Some big differences here and there, but the battle system's pretty similar and it's still got the same sense of humor, the only big difference is the story's got much more of an emotional punch. If you wanted Earthbound to make you cry it's worth a play but otherwise you probably won't like Mother 3.

I liked everything about Earthbound except the extremely slow battles. I probably would have liked it more if I was playing an emulated version with a speed up button

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

earthbound is the stupid hipster game tumblr and fags like the OP desperately want you to play like undertale

Now wait just a minute...

Bobnumerotres posted:

it was more that the whole game up to that point had been really silly and lighthearted and then your brains have to be put into robot bodies just to survive the journey and you wake up in this totally bleak hosed up world, knowing theres no turning back. god eb is good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Coffee makes me poo poo

Me too

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

well mother 3 is basically a more emo earthbound with battles that are way more fun. you should try it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

:troll:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Coffee makes me poo poo

Same here

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Coffee makes me poo poo

its how i stay thin

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I liked everything about Earthbound except the extremely slow battles. I probably would have liked it more if I was playing an emulated version with a speed up button

yyeah the battles are a lot faster and they expand on the health rotating thing earthbound a lot. makes fights a lot more interesting. the rhythm thing's cool too but since iw as playing on an M3 the timing was shot to hell and i couldn't get all the presses

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

In Training posted:

Battles are a bit streamlined now, numbers and most other things pop up Final Fantasy-style rather than in text boxes, and if you're good at rhythm you can tap along to the beat of the music to do extra damage. If you actually use buffs and debuffs battles should go pretty quickly compared to Earthbound.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Remember the time you drink coffee in Earthbound? That part is weird. One time I accidentally did it again and had to sit through the whole thing twice

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Mega64 posted:

It's a good game if you liked Earthbound or games similar to it, so if hell freezes over and it does get an official release you should give it a try.

yeah, thats the thing i said i would probably do.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Anyway I do actually like Earthbound and Mother 3 OP.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There are like 60 battle songs and you have to recognize the tempo and time signature of each one to get the timed hits right. It's very cool if you're in to playing music.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was band president in high school. Chyeah you could say I dabble in the beats.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im taking a poo poo now.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Im taking a poo poo now.

i'm glad evrything worked out in the end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I was band president in high school. Chyeah you could say I dabble in the beats.

What instrument did you play. I played trombone.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Im taking a poo poo now.

Congrats

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

There are like 60 battle songs and you have to recognize the tempo and time signature of each one to get the timed hits right. It's very cool if you're in to playing music.

im rlly good at hitting the button on beat due to making Hip hop Beats for the past 6 years. i never failed and easily defeated all of the eenmies with combos

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i played guitar and had sex with girls

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

What instrument did you play. I played trombone.

fellow high school trombone player here. what up.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

net cafe scandal posted:

Im taking a poo poo now.

Hell yeah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

lesbian baphomet posted:

fellow high school trombone player here. what up.

[Holding out a trombone] Come hit this poo poo, friend of the family.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

[Holding out a trombone] Come hit this poo poo, friend of the family.

Lol

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

lmao.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I play the drums

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also played trombone. Small world.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i play the piano aas well.. yea basically i loving pwn at music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Let's get the pimp zone band together. 20 trombones, hip hop beats, guitar, drums and I'll take alto sax.

• Locked thread