Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...
All the "creepy" webms and gifs so far from the series forced me to hit my friend on the head because she didn't buy into my "like playing D&D with funny idiots" explanation but Megumin and Darkness sold the series to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

Truga posted:

Third season was entirely anime original (and had tons of lovely filler, but also some real funny ones and the main story was kinda ok), but then in... I think 2008 or 9 (so >10 years after the last season), they made a new season that got split into 2 13 ep seasons due to time constraints, and those finish the ln story and are pretty decent. They keep the old slayers art style, but go full in with the CG for effects, so you get rad as gently caress nukes drag slaves.

Don't want to sound like I'm nitpickicking, but I have to set some facts straight as someone who's been a fan of the series since late 90's.
Slayers Revolution (2008), Slayers Evolution-R (2009) instead of finishing the light novel story and finally closing the story like every fan had hoped, opted to rehash and recycle small side plots from the earlier novels instead of wrapping the last 6 novels which they could have easily fit into 26 episodes if they cut some of the filler. At least they kept Xellos.