Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

StandardVC10 posted:

I feel like if you got right down to it the magic lie detector would make most of the rest of the trappings of the trial kind of superfluous, but that's also missing the point.

If the nobility used something as foolproof as a magical lie detector they wouldnt be able to manipulate the court into getting the sentences they want. No wonder the trials are still there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Kaptain posted:

The bonus game for the blu-ray, it looks great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aKG7OmAmks

Did they hire the Momodora person to make this?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Verizian posted:

She just needs to find a cursed sword that hurts it's wielder, then she'll put some skills into it. Hopefully a talking sword who's freaked out by her personality.

Chaos would be a good fit

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Iretep posted:

Aqua is an Arch Priest to be exact which sounds like some generic korean mmo class. All Classes seem to mostly be in fact generic mmo classes and Kazuma was offered to be taken to the new world because he was a neet who played them. If Aqua had good offencive spells besides the holy ones im sure Kazuma would have forced her to take some already. Darkness and Megumin both know how the class works so they would have also pointed it out. Like in the story where they meet Wiz Darknes says its common for priets to not level much since they can only attack undead and demons which are rare.
Edit: oh right the anime didnt do the wiz meeting.

Well the guild leader says than an Arch Priest is powerful enough to stand at the front lines so I imagine its like a D&D cleric, I imagine it as having some sort of offensive ability.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Crimson demon naming is probably the funniest jokes we don't really get in this series and I feel bad for the dub team trying to make it stick.

Yea youd have to completely convert them into something else to make the joke understandable. Lord Deicide Ravenrose would work for a male Crimson Demon though

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Nitrousoxide posted:

TBH that sounds like a pretty typical fantasy name.

Arent the Crimson Demon men named things that a 13 year old boy would find cool? And the Crimson Demon women are all super-cutsey sounding? Lord Deicide Ravenrose is totally a middle school boys perfect name.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Wind Tempest posted:

Everyone in the group works so well with each other it is actually amazing.

I am however terrified when Megumin or Darkness are the voice of reason. I don't think I have witnessed it, but I don't know how I would feel if Aqua becomes the voice of reason.

I mean, Vanir and Wiz ARE both subordinates of the Demon King and should probably be dealt with accordingly. Aqua is spot on there.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's only Monday.

Wednesday with my troubleseeking friends seems so far away :(

After next Wednesday, and the Wednesday after, its going to seem Extremely Far Away

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Conot posted:

This is one of the weirder but non-harmful derails in ADTRW recently.

TBH I really love derails. Like, what the heck else are we gonna talk about for 24 hours.

When it comes to Yukko being awkward I always felt like this was the best clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWfHLPrfkho

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Havent watched this yet, but was the bitrate drop on Crunchyroll noticeable from this weeks ep vs last weeks?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Slime posted:

but diamonds are garbage rocks that have their value inflated by the false impression of scarcity

That analogy still holds true even if diamonds have had thier value inflated. Theyre still valuable objects that would be shocking to find among non valuable objects.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Josuke Higashikata posted:

smh if you think there's a way to make konosuba so perverted that i would be too embarrassed to watch it

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Wark Say posted:

I don't know anything about this Rance game (or games), but I'm guessing that it at least doesn't try to pretend that it's not a completely bog-standard trashy fantasy setting. For all its goofiness, at least KonoSuba seems well thought-out.

Rance is a hilarious rapist, or at least that's how the game paints him. Come yuk it up with your pal Rance as he rapes his way through Japan. It's a real shame because Sengoku Rance isn't juat "competently made" which is my go to condescending term for things that work right but are not good. No, the real shame is that it's a really, really good territory control strategy game and every hour or so you're going to have to click that scroll wheel again for five minutes past another "hilarious" rape.

Oh and the music that plays when he has sex is the East German national anthem for some reason, which I never knew was such a beautiful song until recently

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

littleorv posted:

s2 was okay but maybe not as good as the first season

Ive seen people say this a bunch and I think its nuts. I thought S1 fell flat pretty frequently. Like the ep Darkness is introduced is really bad and has 4 different plots running.

S2 had like one boring episode (stop killing Kazuma and having him fart around in the afterlife please!) and everything else was great.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Darkness' serious voice when she tells Kazuma not to call her muscles hard is super cute

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

nah, pink mohawk guy is just plain the best. no downside to him at all.

Hes probably the Demon King. Thats why hes so interested in the new crop of adventurers

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I think its just because im a big ol Darkness fan but the Vanir ep was my favorite. She was just so thrilled to be able to tank properly for once.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Rand Brittain posted:

I don't know if it's true universally, although I assume it is.

I know I sure used to pirate a lot of music, and now, when I can easily buy it for money, I do that instead.

Were you a poor childe when you pirated music and do you have a job now? Might not be 1:1

I used to pirate video games like crazy when I was in my young teens, but I have no idea if Steam making things easier or me just having cash changed that.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Lets Bully Yunyun

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Carlosologist posted:

about where does the end of the anime line up with a manga volume? I just finished season 2 and there's no season 3 (but there's a movie coming) so I need my fill of these delightful morons

I got no idea how far in the mangas are but youd want Volume 5 of the light novel

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The novels are honestly pretty boring, Im slogging through 1-4 right now and everything that made Konosuba fun is in the animation and the voice work. Maybe its just because Im rereading stuff ive already watched though, Im gonna give Vol 5 an honest shot.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Yeah, I just started the LNs myself, and found them a bit lacking. Along with it just possibly being a translation issue, I think it could also be due to no visual gags. The anime always has little jokes going on in the background.

Yea, watching Aqua summon a bunch of koi fish at the garden in Darknesses house is a lot funnier than a little one off line going something like "I was walking by and saw Aqua playing in the garden - Eh?! How did she summon that many fish?"

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Season 2 is so much better than Season 1, but that might just be because I love Darkness and she gets lots of moments to shine in it

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

So whats the deal with this movie? Has anything been announced

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

edit: wrong thread

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dawgstar posted:

That can be tricky with mouth flaps.

They should stop giving a drat about mouth flaps! Mouth flaps are enemy number one when it comes to wierd, unnatural dialogue in dubs these days

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

sirtommygunn posted:

IIRC people in the industry don't like the Log Horizon guy for some reason, tax evasion I think?

Didnt that guy get in trouble for tax evasion, get everything squared away and paid up then immediately get in trouble again

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Watch Season 2 even if it isnt dubbed yet! Its head and shoulders above season 1 imo and even the sexy but unnessicary OVA is better

Warning: My opinion is a bit biased because I like Darkness the best and she gets several good scenes and a bit of character focus in S2

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Konosuba Movie Spoilers

I really sorta wish Sylvia went down after the magical railgun shot, the fanservicey parts of Beldia, Wiz, Vanir and Hans getting into the fight really didnt do anything for me and they could have spent that time on funny stuff earlier in the movie instead

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I really like Kazuma and Darknesses duel. Especially when Kazuma gets all smug when he starts draining her, except her response to that is just to try and break his arms lol. In fact I think id go so far as to say the ep at Darknesses house is the best one.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

A jargogle posted:

I couldn't put my finger on what changed between S1 and S2 but there was a serious uptick in my enjoyment.

Season 1 has the godawful episode with the dolls and the bathrooms and also has to do character introductions which sucks a lot of the energy out of the beginning. S2 could hit the ground running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Electric Phantasm posted:

IIRC the way they introduce Wiz makes it feel like you missed an episode.

That’s the awful doll episode I mentioned earlier. It’s really obvious they hacked that story apart to get it to fit correctly in the timeline