Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Desperado Bones posted:

calling him Hugh Jackman and wondering why he isn't using his Australian accent?

Or just making reference to one of them being a real Canadian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

You couldn't pay me to sit through this piece of poo poo.

I say this as a fan of other comic book movies and other Ryan Reynolds movies. All the pre-release marketing just makes this look completely loving intolerable and I don't understand why some people actually find it endearing or funny. It's like people who laugh at The Big Bang Theory. That's not funny. Why are you laughing at that? Give me one good reason why that poo poo deserves your laughter.

I know humor's subjective and poo poo, but from every trailer, poster, etc. I've seen for this movie, there's nothing humorous about it. It just makes a bunch of lame attempts at humor that don't land.

Now maybe the actual movie is funny and the multitude of pre-release marketing was misleading and not representative of the final product, but if that's the case, well good job because it made me never want to see it.

Slugworth posted:

So how different is it tonally from the trailers? Because I want to be excited about it, but the trailers have been pretty... not great.

Other than the action, the movie doesn't really lend itself well to trailers/commercials. It's more about funny dialogue than one-liners. When he actually says "Time to make the loving chimichangas!" it feels kind of out of place like it was included for the sake of fanservice and having something to throw in the trailer.

In other news, it currently has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes with 24 reviews.

Gavok fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 7, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah the reviews are looking really good so far.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Gavok posted:

In other news, it currently has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes with 24 reviews.

:) I'm glad for Ryan Reynolds, he seems to really love this character and to be having the time of his life, so hooray for him.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This the only comic movie I legit care about it. It's a new feeling. Mmmm.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yesss lovely 90's rap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wDfnj3_OuA

:allears:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

That's actually a song that has been around for years. Fake?
Edit: It's by Teamheadkick.
Edit 2: VVV BOOOOOOOO!!!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don't think it is. Or if it is, they threw it on the soundtrack. :shrug:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

^^ lol Boo you!

Holy poo poo....My mind went back to the old TMNT.....there better we a sweet awkward 90's dance with Vanilla Ice knock off.

go ninja go ninja go.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Gavok posted:

The press embargo is over so I'm allowed to tell people on the internet that the movie is fun and good and funny. Thumbs up.

I'm putting your quote in the op ok

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

At least they changed the lyrics of the song. When I saw it was going to be on the soundtrack I originally thought it was really weird since it was very specific about being about the video game (mentions of slapping Wolverine awake, Cable showing up, fighting Mr. Sinister on Genosha, saving Rogue, etc.).

It's integrated well into the movie, though.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

I say this as a fan of other comic book movies and other Ryan Reynolds movies. All the pre-release marketing just makes this look completely loving intolerable and I don't understand why some people actually find it endearing or funny. It's like people who laugh at The Big Bang Theory. That's not funny. Why are you laughing at that? Give me one good reason why that poo poo deserves your laughter.

I know humor's subjective and poo poo, but from every trailer, poster, etc. I've seen for this movie, there's nothing humorous about it. It just makes a bunch of lame attempts at humor that don't land.

Now maybe the actual movie is funny and the multitude of pre-release marketing was misleading and not representative of the final product, but if that's the case, well good job because it made me never want to see it.

You sound like you are super fun to hang out with at parties.

I'm pretty stoked to see this, looks like a fun ride and I plan to sneak some booze into the theatre.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Throwdown posted:

You sound like you are super fun to hang out with at parties.

I'm pretty stoked to see this, looks like a fun ride and I plan to sneak some booze into the theatre.
Being at a party with a bunch of people who can't stop raving about the Deadpool movie doesn't sound like a party at all.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Deadpool is a party on his own.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Being at a party with a bunch of people who can't stop raving about the Deadpool movie doesn't sound like a party at all.

Extremes go both ways.

Hey, guy who saw the movie, did you read the leaked script from ages ago and if so how much does it follow it? So far, it seems like they didn't change anything really besides Negasonic Teenage Warhead being in it.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
I'm happy the movie's getting good reviews - I had 70-30 odds on it being a gigantic flaming piece of poo poo. Now I kinda want to see it.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I think it boils down to one thing and that's Deadpool being a hard character to get right. From what I've seen/read, this movie seems in line with the Deadpool I like.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Throwdown posted:

Extremes go both ways.

Hey, guy who saw the movie, did you read the leaked script from ages ago and if so how much does it follow it? So far, it seems like they didn't change anything really besides Negasonic Teenage Warhead being in it.

I did. Enough stuff is changed (Angel Dust is the only henchman instead of the original script's Garrison Kane, Wyre and Sluggo), but the basic structure is exact.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

really gonna be stoked when Deadpool potentially ends up with continuously improbable rave reviews

in fact I'd love it even more if it ends up with better reviews than BvS, Xmen, or Suicide Squad

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

MinibarMatchman posted:

in fact I'd love it even more if it ends up with better reviews than BvS, Xmen, or Suicide Squad

There is a lot of worry about all three of those movies being real bad, so it might get better reviews just by default.

crow baby
Oct 20, 2012
Lucked into an early screening of the movie. It was pretty good. A couple of groaners but overall very fun. It's very much in the spirit of Deadpool and I appreciated that.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

What are you, some kind of rageaholic monkey?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
This movie looked really bad at first and the more I see about it, the less bad it looks.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I'm not gonna rag on rageaholic monkey because I get what he's saying. I hate every ad I see for Big Bang Theory and I've earnestly tried to watch a couple episodes that were no better than the ads. That people enjoy it is odd to me but it's incredibly popular so they can have it. I was a lot more of a music/film snob when I was younger and I guess it still comes out at times like when a coworker actually saw 2012 in the theater, but my fiance wants to see this opening weekend and I don't disagree. I want some low brow humor in the context of a bloodbath action movie, and getting it on Valentine's Day is a bonus.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Every person I meet who is a fan of the character is awful white trash.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

gently caress this.

My country (:mexico:) gave Deadpool a lower rating and people say it's seems to be 5 minutes shorter. :sigh: Everyone is already complaining with Fox.

Edit:
A small explanation. In my country movies are rated AA,A,B,B-15,C and D.

Instead of getting the dreaded "C", which would be an American "R". It got a "B-15" (Kids under 15 can watch the movie accompanied with an adult). God knows if it's true they censored something.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 9, 2016

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Desperado Bones posted:

gently caress this.

My country (:mexico:) gave Deadpool a lower rating and people say it's seems to be 5 minutes shorter. :sigh: Everyone is already complaining with Fox.

Edit:
A small explanation. In my country movies are rated AA,A,B,B-15,C and D.

Instead of getting the dreaded "C", which would be an American "R". It got a "B-15" (Kids under 15 can watch the movie accompanied with an adult). God knows if it's true they censored something.

The regular and red band trailers make it seem like there's alot of improv and extra takes. They probably put together a gore free, swear free version of the whole thing just because they could, and because Disney Marvel.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Donnerberg posted:

and because Disney Marvel.

Fox Entertainment Group, not Disney. If Disney had the rights to these characters you can bet it'd be pg-13 or less everywhere.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://i.imgur.com/TkuQd74.webm

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
One of the reviews I read says that there is a scene where Morena Baccarin says "Happy International Women's Day" while adjusting a strap-on to gently caress Ryan Reynold's with, so if that's in the version we get to see in America I'm pretty sure it'll be worth the price of admission just for that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wade Wilson posted:

One of the reviews I read says that there is a scene where Morena Baccarin says "Happy International Women's Day" while adjusting a strap-on to gently caress Ryan Reynold's with, so if that's in the version we get to see in America I'm pretty sure it'll be worth the price of admission just for that.
:stare:

Agreed.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Donnerberg posted:

The regular and red band trailers make it seem like there's alot of improv and extra takes. They probably put together a gore free, swear free version of the whole thing just because they could, and because Disney Marvel.

What they said, it's Fox, so the Disney complaining thing doesn't work.

Latin American Fox probably wanted to make more money in Mexico (We LOVE superhero movies), so yeah, there might be a few scenes,or a whole one, toned down/deleted.

Wade Wilson posted:

I'm going to hate you if you are trolling.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Desperado Bones posted:

I'm going to hate you if you are trolling.

He isn't trolling.

It's part of a sequence that had me groaning and rolling my eyes when I read it in the old script, but they really pulled it off well in the movie.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Quasipox posted:

I think it boils down to one thing and that's Deadpool being a hard character to get right. From what I've seen/read, this movie seems in line with the Deadpool I like.

Yeah, from what I've seen in the trailers, anyway, it looks like he's actually cracking jokes. poo poo that is clever in the moment. Not just spewing whatever irreverent thing happens to be going through his (well, the writers) mind at the time.

"Yeah, it didn't look like my thing. Might get it off Redbox someday." and segue as you see fit.

Social interaction is hard!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMfAEs3sQDA

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
A sequel has been greenlit

http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/9/10956306/deadpool-2-greenlit-ryan-reynolds-movie

Deadpool is only arriving in theaters this week, but Fox is confident enough in its slapstick superhero movie that it's already greenlit a sequel, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The studio is reportedly intending to keep the same team together, hoping to reunite star Ryan Reynolds with director Tim Miller for Deadpool 2, to work on a script that's currently being written by Deadpool writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Saw this yesterday, it was good fun. Not a great movie, but a highly enjoyable one. The best bits in my opinion were the scenes with the other X-Men, particularly Colossus trying to constantly recruit/reform Deadpool. There were some witty lines and the movie just briefly flirted in scenes with being dramatic so it wasn't tonally shifting even few moments like Amazing Spider-Man 2 was.

Basically if you find the opening credit sequence funny then you'll enjoy the movie, if not then you probably picked the wrong movie. It's good for Fox to differentiate their superhero movies and this one was quite different than the other X-men stuff but it didn't feel out of place in that universe. i'd like to see him interact with more characters in the next film.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Saw the movie, really enjoyed it. It sets the comedic tone it's going to follow right from the opening credits so you're pretty much going to know immediately if you'll like it or not. Colossus was a pleasant surprise, they absolutely play up that he's a big earnest puppy-dog dope who just wants the best from everybody - "Did you eat breakfast? Is very important meal. Here, have protein bar." :3:

And the International Woman's Day joke is great :)

Edit: And it should go without saying, but make sure you stay till after the credits.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Feb 11, 2016

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Jerusalem posted:

Saw the movie, really enjoyed it. It sets the comedic tone it's going to follow right from the opening credits so you're pretty much going to know immediately if you'll like it or not. Colossus was a pleasant surprise, they absolutely play up that he's a big earnest puppy-dog dope who just wants the best from everybody - "Did you eat breakfast? Is very important meal. Here, have protein bar." :3:

And the International Woman's Day joke is great :)

Edit: And it should go without saying, but make sure you stay till after the credits.

Aw crap i stayed for the credits and didn't see anything, what did I miss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tarantula posted:

Aw crap i stayed for the credits and didn't see anything, what did I miss?

He reenacts the post-credits sequence to Ferris Bueller's Day Off, walking out in a bathrobe (with his mask still on), noticing the audience and telling them to go home. It cuts to black and then pops back so he can inform us that if there is a sequel they intend to have Cable in it, and he'll be played by "anybody tall with a flattop - Mel Gibson, Dolph Lundgren.... Keira Knightley? She's got range!"

• Locked thread