Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Ben Carson
John Kasich
Chris Christie
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
I hope Trump shaves his head for this one. Dude should realize it's time to reinvigorate his brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Oiled and Ready posted:

I hope Trump shaves his head for this one. Dude should realize it's time to reinvigorate his brand.

And like with New Coke, he realizes his mistake and re-glues a dead guinea pig up there shortly afterwards

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

rear end cobra posted:

And like with New Coke, he realizes his mistake and re-glues a dead guinea pig up there shortly afterwards

I actually think he looks fine bald

Strong. Tough. This guy WILL nuke you.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Vile posted:

Hank!?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Vile posted:

I'm sure new coke tasted alright, and Hitler looked fine without the moustache, but it's all about the brand

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeah wow really close huh?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Trump is basically a combo of Hank Schrader and Lex Luthor.

In looks as well as personality.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

rear end cobra posted:

I'm sure new coke tasted alright, and Hitler looked fine without the moustache, but it's all about the brand

Illumaniti CONFIRMED

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Vile posted:

Benito Trumpatoni

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Vile posted:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
On second thought, it'd be bald Britney x1000, nobody would give a poo poo about Marco Rubio for three weeks, and barring a lumpy misshapen skull he'd look a lot better, so I think you are right Oiled and Ready.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

German-American historian Konrad Jarausch has argued that Mussolini was responsible for an integrated suite of political innovations that made fascism a powerful force in Europe. First, he went beyond the vague promise of future national renewal, and proved the movement could actually seize power and operate a comprehensive government in a major country along fascist lines. Second, the movement claimed to represent the entire national community, not a fragment such as the working class or the aristocracy. He made a significant effort to include the previously alienated Catholic element. He defined public roles for the main sectors of the business community rather than allowing it to operate backstage. Third, he developed a cult of one-man leadership that focused media attention and national debate on his own personality. As a former journalist, Mussolini proved highly adept at exploiting all forms of mass media, including such new forms as motion pictures and radio.

:psyduck:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Vile posted:

German-American historian Konrad Jarausch has argued that Mussolini was responsible for an integrated suite of political innovations that made fascism a powerful force in Europe. First, he went beyond the vague promise of future national renewal, and proved the movement could actually seize power and operate a comprehensive government in a major country along fascist lines. Second, the movement claimed to represent the entire national community, not a fragment such as the working class or the aristocracy. He made a significant effort to include the previously alienated Catholic element. He defined public roles for the main sectors of the business community rather than allowing it to operate backstage. Third, he developed a cult of one-man leadership that focused media attention and national debate on his own personality. As a former journalist, Mussolini proved highly adept at exploiting all forms of mass media, including such new forms as motion pictures and radio.

:psyduck:

He did make Italy kind of great again for a little while.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I like the New Hampshire zip-up sweater with shirt and tie underneath look, and I would love to see Chris Christie try to pull it off

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Unfortunately I'm going to miss tonight's debate :(

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

rear end cobra posted:

I like the New Hampshire zip-up sweater with shirt and tie underneath look, and I would love to see Chris Christie try to pull it off

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

If Trump's opening statement is simply "please clap" we could see Jeb! Commit seppuku right there on stage.

Even without the suicide, Trump could end an entire run for presidency with those two magic words if he times it right

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Kinda funny that trump is priced right at where bernie is- much like bernie a solid 10-20 point victory (preferably 15-20) in NH keeps him viable, though the difference is that the following states are solid trump and he's well positioned for super tuesday. Of course a close NH will most likely be the beginning of the end for trump but Rubio has much the same problem, getting blown out in NH and failing to outperform the other candidates in the establishment lane will make it very hard for voters to find an alternative everyone can agree about. Good news for Rubio is that he's surged a bit post Iowa but a mere 4 point victory over Cruz and Kasaich ain't gonna be enough.

Ego-bot posted:

For us, six guys all over Rubio will be known as the eighth Republican debate.

For Marco, it will be a Saturday.

There's a lot of desperate people on that stage tonight, will be really really funny if this gets thrown out there. Guess we are going to find out really soon if the skeletons in the closet rumors are true.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
You know, Trump usually drops a few points after every debate.

For some reason, though, he spent all week building intriguing storylines and hyping it up, and all eyes will be on him to be "substantive" and "get serious", but no one expects him to actually do it. He even claimed to study for the first time.

I think he's going for broke here because its his last chance in a while to have his words heard in their entirety. If he turns in something monumental, and it's all anyone can talk about tomorrow when they mute Coldplay, he could make a huge breakthrough in favorability. But, if he fucks up or even is mediocre, the reverse is true.

Can't wait.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Freepers are saying they've heard reports that Trump actually prepared for this debate.

Big if true.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think Carson is the real wild card. How nuclear will he go? Atomic? Hydrogen? Thorium salted Dr strange love doomsday device
And will he attack Rubio??

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Vile posted:

I think Carson is the real wild card. How nuclear will he go? Atomic? Hydrogen? Thorium salted Dr strange love doomsday device
And will he attack Rubio??

Only if his staffers swap out his benzos for amphetamines.

Which, come to think of it, could be a winning campaign strategy.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Montasque posted:

Freepers are saying they've heard reports that Trump actually prepared for this debate.

Big if true.
I doubt Donald Trump's ego will allow him to do anything differently than he always does

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Donald Trump posted:

I very much look forward to tonight's debate in New Hampshire—so many things to say, so much at stake. It will be an incredible evening!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Carsonist got nothing to lose. Might as well destroy melty face.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Montasque posted:

Big if true.

http://dcwhispers.com/trump-doing-something-for-first-time-preparing-for-a-gop-debate/

I'm going to say what I've been saying for a while, he's been sandbagging this whole time to lower expectations and now he's going to own this debate as a statesman.

That's the real expectations game, and the media fell right into his trap. and everyone will be wowed at how he was able to prepare in one day when he probably has been doing it for weeks.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Montasque posted:

Big if true.

As we speak, he's memorizing this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/42cvjr/something_very_interesting_some_friends_and_i/

He'll state it in full while answering an unrelated question. "Bi" "bi", Marco!

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

either I'm right and the whole nation is about to flip their poo poo, or Marco pretty much has this thing in the bag.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Vile posted:

I got probated for a week posting pictures of candidates or some reason I'm not totally sure but I am taking a STAND AGAINST POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

Id post hat picture in here if I could but I might anger the PC SJW mods or something and get penates again so I never posted ^^^^^^^^^^ that picture

the mods are all pansy rear end liberal types.
all muslims or athiests
they are all disgusted by america

MarcoRubio
Feb 3, 2016

Are you ready for a New American Century?
You know, a lot of candidates have been questioning the depth of my policy experience lately. But tonight, I don't want us to attack each other. That's what Hillary Clinton wants. No. Instead, I want us to join together, as Republicans, and celebrate what makes our nation so important. Freedom. It's not conservatives that have been diminishing our civil liberties, we conservatives have been trying to protect them. It's people like Barack Obama that are the real threat. Organizations like ISIS. And unless we make the right choice in this race, we'll be letting Hillary Clinton continue to commit the same offenses against our basic freedoms. We'll be letting the failed foreign policies of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton dictate our approach to ISIS, and we simply cannot allow that to happen. What we need is a New American Century, and that starts right here, in New Hampshire, with conservative voters choosing a conservative candidate with conservative values who can stop Hillary Clinton from becoming president and who can stop ISIS from spreading its evil.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Does anybody not add the candidate gimmick accounts to their ignore list at first sight?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
no one cares about who you ignore

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
Oh, that was great Marco. You nailed it. All that practice in the mirror, right people? No really, think, how good would he be in a play? Shakespeare, Cats, one of those. Great memory, he's young and sharp, that's good. Maybe when this doesn't work out for him I'll go see him on Broadway, I get great seats, really the best.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Baloogan posted:

no one cares about who you ignore

They're still bad.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Could have done without Marcos gaint earlobes in the avatar

Need a pick axe to get them pierced

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

rear end cobra posted:

They're still bad.

Extremely wrong.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

rear end cobra posted:

They're still bad.

:agreed:

But eh, whaddya gonna do? We might as well get through the politician LARP stage of the election cycle.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

Extremely wrong.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Extremely wrong.

Just as you can't channel schizophrenia, there's no authentic way to emulate the unique voice of Donald J Trump.

ass cobra has issued a correction as of 00:28 on Feb 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Boosted being that old Chris Christe account was pretty funny though.

• Locked thread