Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Mars will be exclusively colonized by nobodies.

Cause nobody will be able to survive there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

McDowell posted:

They build. They have society and do things with purpose. Each individual has a brain (albeit a tiny one compared to you). If humans became interplanetary or interstellar wouldn't we be like a fractal continuation of earth life. We would likely bring plants and maybe well domesticated animals with us. We'll unintentionally bring bacteria and insects everywhere.

Not if we become beings of pure energy.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

McDowell posted:

I doubt that will happen anytime soon (or colonization for that matter) - it all comes from Arthur Clarke's ideas in '2001 A Space Odyssey'. Electronics and a photocopied brain is a neat thought experiment but at present its just as real as the 1950's brain in a jar.

Humans need to be worthy and responsible for perpetuating life into the universe. When everyone is white no-one will be.

You sound really energyphobic there, buddy. You might need to open your mind a bit.

• Locked thread