Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

7c Nickel posted:

Racial mix doesn't matter much as long as Mars is exclusively colonized by lesbians who reproduce via scientific parthenogenesis.

They could also reproduce via unscientific parthogenesis don't be a hater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

McDowell posted:

The first babies born on another planet will be IVF with international pairings.

They will also die within the first 48h. Toxx me on this please.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Selection of colonisers will almost certainly be either meritocratic or plutocratic. Either way, the first wave will be like at least 50% Jewish.

nice namedropping the non-planet right here... :rolleyes:

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Frog Act posted:

Can someone remind me of the name of a short story I read once? I think it was by Ray Bradbury. In it, all the black people in America get fed up with Jim Crow and go and land on Mars, painstakingly putting together a functional futuristic society. White earthlings rejoice and look like dickheads. Anyway, like 200 years later, a bunch of rag-tag white people show up at Black people Mars and explain they've managed to destroy the earth in a horrific nuclear holocaust.

Initially all the black Martians let them in and reconstitute Jim Crow, but on Mars, and all the white people are ushers and porters and poo poo. Then some black Martian dude goes all "hey this is pretty bad" and in the end in a postracial society begins to flourish

Someone please remind me of the name of this story I've been looking for it for years

"The Other Foot" short story in The illustrated Man, 1951.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Better question is why don't we colonize Venus. At least it has a sulphuric acid athmosphere, you can get good wattage from the Sun providing you live in a floating city. No not on the surface you dumb idiots. A loving floating city.

You know a city over the clouds? like a Cloud City? From Star Trek? Jeez...

Plus Venus has better pun potential.

• Locked thread