Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chilichimp posted:

For real, though, Mel was a Steelers fan like a months ago, right?

Mel has always been at war with Eastasia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Mel Mudkiper posted:

A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES

Certainly worth recognizing but I don't think it reaches the same heights.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Mel has always been at war with Eastasia.

Mel-"I love Tim Tebow"

*gunshot*

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'm late on this but thank you.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
The greatest TFF achievement was not a single post, but the full hour of goons calling into the Pittsburgh post game radio to talk about clown shoes and dogs that refresh

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Bad Moon posted:

Mel-"I love Tim Tebow"

*gunshot*

A shrill trumpet-call had pierced the air. It was the bulletin! Victory! It always meant victory when a trumpet-call preceded the news. A sort of electric drill ran through the cafe. Even the waiters had started and pricked up their ears.

The trumpet-call had let loose an enormous volume of noise. Already an excited voice was gabbling from the telescreen, but even as it started it was almost drowned by a roar of cheering from outside. The news had run round the streets like magic. He could hear just enough of what was issuing from the telescreen to realize that it had all happened, as he had foreseen; Von Miller stripped Cam Newton, the Broncos recover on the five, the white arrow tearing across the tail of the black. Fragments of triumphant phrases pushed themselves through the din: 'Vast strategic manoeuvre -- perfect co-ordination -- utter rout -- four turnovers -- complete demoralization -- three for fifteen on third down -- bring the game within measurable distance of its end victory -- greatest victory in human history -- victory, victory, victory!'

Under the table Mel's feet made convulsive movements. He had not stirred from his seat, but in his mind he was running, swiftly running, he was with the crowds outside, cheering himself deaf. He looked up again at the portrait of John Elway. The colossus that bestrode the world! The rock against which the hordes of Carolina dashed themselves in vain! He thought how ten minutes ago -- yes, only ten minutes -- there had still been equivocation in his heart as he wondered whether the news from the Santa Clara would be of victory or defeat. Ah, it was more than a Mid-Atlantic team that had perished! Much had changed in him since that first day in TFF, but the final, indispensable, healing change had never happened, until this moment.

The voice from the telescreen was still pouring forth its tale of touchdowns and sacks and a punt return, but the shouting outside had died down a little. The waiters were turning back to their work. One of them approached with the gin bottle. Mel, sitting in a blissful dream, paid no attention as his glass was filled up. He was not running or cheering any longer. He was back in TFF, with everything forgiven, his soul white as snow. He was in the public dock, confessing everything, implicating everybody. He was walking down the white-tiled corridor, with the feeling of walking in sunlight, and an armed guard at his back. The longhoped-for bullet was entering his brain.

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved John Elway.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I'm actually Mel, we swapped names. I'm a Steelers fan pretending to be a Seahawks fan, he's actually a Jaguars fan pretending to be a Broncos fan. Parm is a false flag, and Intruder is controlling it all with chemtrails.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sash! posted:

A shrill trumpet-call had pierced the air. It was the bulletin! Victory! It always meant victory when a trumpet-call preceded the news. A sort of electric drill ran through the cafe. Even the waiters had started and pricked up their ears.

The trumpet-call had let loose an enormous volume of noise. Already an excited voice was gabbling from the telescreen, but even as it started it was almost drowned by a roar of cheering from outside. The news had run round the streets like magic. He could hear just enough of what was issuing from the telescreen to realize that it had all happened, as he had foreseen; Von Miller stripped Cam Newton, the Broncos recover on the five, the white arrow tearing across the tail of the black. Fragments of triumphant phrases pushed themselves through the din: 'Vast strategic manoeuvre -- perfect co-ordination -- utter rout -- four turnovers -- complete demoralization -- three for fifteen on third down -- bring the game within measurable distance of its end victory -- greatest victory in human history -- victory, victory, victory!'

Under the table Mel's feet made convulsive movements. He had not stirred from his seat, but in his mind he was running, swiftly running, he was with the crowds outside, cheering himself deaf. He looked up again at the portrait of John Elway. The colossus that bestrode the world! The rock against which the hordes of Carolina dashed themselves in vain! He thought how ten minutes ago -- yes, only ten minutes -- there had still been equivocation in his heart as he wondered whether the news from the Santa Clara would be of victory or defeat. Ah, it was more than a Mid-Atlantic team that had perished! Much had changed in him since that first day in TFF, but the final, indispensable, healing change had never happened, until this moment.

The voice from the telescreen was still pouring forth its tale of touchdowns and sacks and a punt return, but the shouting outside had died down a little. The waiters were turning back to their work. One of them approached with the gin bottle. Mel, sitting in a blissful dream, paid no attention as his glass was filled up. He was not running or cheering any longer. He was back in TFF, with everything forgiven, his soul white as snow. He was in the public dock, confessing everything, implicating everybody. He was walking down the white-tiled corridor, with the feeling of walking in sunlight, and an armed guard at his back. The longhoped-for bullet was entering his brain.

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved John Elway.

yes forever

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

A horse hoof stopping on the human face forever

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Bad Moon posted:

A horse hoof stopping on the human face forever

AHAHAHAHA

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

bigmcgaffney posted:

The greatest TFF achievement was not a single post, but the full hour of goons calling into the Pittsburgh post game radio to talk about clown shoes and dogs that refresh

Kawalimus on the radio talking about how Big Ben was "running around like a pop dog out there"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Ehh, that was really cringy. Might as well have asked if he had stairs in his house.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

MechaFrogzilla posted:

I'm actually Mel, we swapped names. I'm a Steelers fan pretending to be a Seahawks fan, he's actually a Jaguars fan pretending to be a Broncos fan. Parm is a false flag, and Intruder is controlling it all with chemtrails.

My steel beams don't meltdown at any temperature!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sash! posted:

This is good. In fact, it is very good.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Also, the Matt Ryan fanfic posts were really good

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

bigmcgaffney posted:

Also, the Matt Ryan fanfic posts were really good

Got any links to this? I think I missed those somehow.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

God I miss that man.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Benny the Snake has not posted since

it was his swan song

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

TFF has had some great moments in the past.

The Aaron Rodgers Civil War General posts the year they won the SB were pretty good. Especially the end with the "And Lt. Mathews has given me a sporting new cumerbund."

Back when TheChigurgon was posting, his comics were always comedy gold. I especially remember the Rodgers and Favre as Jedi, and his 2008 poster with Kyle Orton riding a bottle of Jack Daniels to the superbowl, with Phillip Rivers pouting underneath.

The excitement after the Tebow vs Steelers game when the radio hosts announced "And up next we have Ross from San Diego."

In the 2013 superbowl when the power went out and Gendo made the gif of Jovan Belcher fading in and out like a ghost.

TFF is the best yall.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

OxySnake posted:

TFF has had some great moments in the past.

The Aaron Rodgers Civil War General posts the year they won the SB were pretty good. Especially the end with the "And Lt. Mathews has given me a sporting new cumerbund."

Back when TheChigurgon was posting, his comics were always comedy gold. I especially remember the Rodgers and Favre as Jedi, and his 2008 poster with Kyle Orton riding a bottle of Jack Daniels to the superbowl, with Phillip Rivers pouting underneath.

The excitement after the Tebow vs Steelers game when the radio hosts announced "And up next we have Ross from San Diego."

In the 2013 superbowl when the power went out and Gendo made the gif of Jovan Belcher fading in and out like a ghost.

TFF is the best yall.

Gendo's Minnesota sports site managing to piss off the entirety of TexAgs forum.

Fiz destroying Jimmy Clausen on twitter by exposing the fake pics Clausen posted of "his girlfriend".

Ross nearly dying on camera live in front of lots of goons.

Febreeze's stuff ending up on Sports Center and other mainstream ESPN outlets.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I hope someone archives this valuable history, such as reddit

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

swickles posted:

Fiz destroying Jimmy Clausen on twitter by exposing the fake pics Clausen posted of "his girlfriend".

I think I missed something glorious.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

The Big Jesus posted:

I think I missed something glorious.

Oh you have no idea

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Biodome and Chris Henry's death.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Is the SAS wiki even still a thing at this point?

There has been a lot of gold over the past years, and it seems like it will be lost in time like an Eli Manning pass to anyone except ODB.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Chimeric posted:

Biodome and Chris Henry's death.

That was truly a wonderful moment that we shouldn't forget

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

swickles posted:

Musta been cheating on Te'o.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

swickles posted:

Gendo's Minnesota sports site managing to piss off the entirety of TexAgs forum.

Ross nearly dying on camera live in front of lots of goons.

Febreeze's stuff ending up on Sports Center and other mainstream ESPN outlets.

An Unfortunate End being on ESPN and being prefaced as "the good folks at TFF Films" will never not be funny to me.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker
FireJerryKill.com was also called despicable or disgusting on College Game Day.

I think my favorite game day thread still might be that Dolphins-Steelers prime time game where the field was hosed from having high school championships and college games on previous days plus rain, and so they just put a new layer of sod right on top. The whole game was a poo poo show where nobody could score, punctuated by a punt sticking into the field without bouncing. The thread slowly descended into madness.

Oh I just remembered how funny the response to Kellen Winslow Junior's motorcycle accident was.

Heteroy fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 16, 2016

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hm tough call. I can't say what's my funniest TFF moment but I'm thinking...

The photoshops with nnnAdam. A lot of his stuff was genuinely the funniest poo poo on the Internet.

A lot of the original fake twitters we all found. Inspired a lot of fake Omar kelly.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Febreeze posted:

That was truly a wonderful moment that we shouldn't forget

Please give deets.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Th Mark Sanchez thread ~4 years ago now? Someone dropped the absolute best description of buttfumble... I never could find it again. I think it was davecrazy? Might have been febreeze, it was a giants fan goon, and I didn't know you guys by name/av yet.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Hm tough call. I can't say what's my funniest TFF moment but I'm thinking...

The photoshops with nnnAdam. A lot of his stuff was genuinely the funniest poo poo on the Internet.

A lot of the original fake twitters we all found. Inspired a lot of fake Omar kelly.

nnnadam's poo poo was just amazing

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He was next level funny. I remember writing goofy poo poo back and forth with him via PM and thinking that.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Heteroy posted:

Oh I just remembered how funny the response to Kellen Winslow Junior's motorcycle accident was.

Culminating in the acquisition of the shrub in question even

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

effectual posted:

Please give deets.

So Chris Henry had his accident when he fell out of the back of a truck, right? He was in the hospital. Some goon/twitter troll named Biodome changed his twitter avatar to make him appear to be some local dallas sports reporter, and he started tweeting reports of Henry's death. Schefter, Mort, all of those NFL ESPN reporters started picking it up and retweeting him, and Henry was essentially being reported dead by everyone in the sports world when he was actually still alive. Biodome kept giving incremental updates and everyone kept buying it, he was being cited in news stories. Eventually someone figured out he was a fake and the backlash from the reporters was hilariously vicious. It was a glorious 3-4 hours.

and then once everyone finally knew he was still alive Chris Henry died for real the next day

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 16, 2016

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Febreeze posted:

So Chris Henry had his accident when he fell out of the back of a truck, right? He was in the hospital. Some goon/twitter troll named Biodome changed his twitter avatar to make him appear to be some local dallas sports reporter, and he started tweeting reports of Henry's death. Schefter, Mort, all of those NFL ESPN reporters started picking it up and retweeting him, and Henry was essentially being reported dead by everyone in the sports world when he was actually still alive. Biodome kept giving incremental updates and everyone kept buying it, he was being cited in news stories. Eventually someone figured out he was a fake and the backlash from the reporters was hilariously vicious. It was a glorious 3-4 hours.

and then once everyone finally knew he was still alive Chris Henry died for real the next day

holy poo poo lol. chris henry died? lol no wonder I haven't heard that name in a while. lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

swickles posted:

Fiz trolling Pickles on twitter is my favorite thing.

"Pretend I'm a db and throw me a pic" was such a fantastic :iceburn:

• Locked thread