Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Benny the Snake posted:

I wanted to answer this question more in-depth here.

I became a Seattle fan not after Super Bowl 48 but Super Bowl 49-after seeing their humiliating defeat against the Patriots because of that terrible play and interception at the last second. It was a heart breaker, but I fell in love with how well they played. It also helps that Seattle is a city where a lot of what I love originated from (Hendrix, Cobain, Pearl Jam, Neuromancer and the Cyberpunk genre, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Starbucks). This was the first football season I've ever followed and following the Hawks was amazing, especially in week 17 when I won a hoodie off a bet-that was the moment where I became both a member and believer of the 12s.

To see Cam Newton run us over in the divisional round was one thing. To see him do so when it was clear that his team was over-depending on him was another. What really made me salty, and boy howdy was I full of :salt:, was the simple fact that he compared himself to Superman. How he kept wearing Superman shirts and also how his home field played the John Williams theme. This became nerd rage, and I wanted to see Batman beat Superman. Russel Wilson wasn't Batman and going into this game I was hoping Peyton would be. It turned out Von Miller was the Dark Knight, as he was sacking and pressuring Cam was glorious. This little internal narrative of mine was helped by the constant ad presence for Batman V Superman.

Congrats, Broncos and Von Miller. Congrats for avenging us. Here's looking forward to my team's 40th season :hawksin:

PS: If you're reading Febreeze, I'd like to see a comic where Cam Newton as Superman has the MVP sack-stripped from him by Von Miller as Batman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Strongly concur.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this'n has to be framed along with it

Sour Diesel posted:

I became a fan of the Baltimore Ravens in 2011. The way they played so hard but lost in a teeth-clencher in the AFCCG just got me so intrigued to follow them. To me, they were like Goku who had just gotten beaten up after that whole Captain Ginyu debacle. The 2012 season was the Ravens (as Goku) just not wanting to take it anymore and they went Super Saiyan. They almost lost to Denver and this angered me, because Denver was Dodoria, and boy howdy I wanted Frieza (Tom Brady).

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Andy Dalton from the Bengals

Now that's paper

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Just making sure, this is the diaper fetish dude right

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Now that's paper

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Just making sure, this is the diaper fetish dude right

Russell Wilson is, yeah.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
He's been a fan longer than I have.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Probably Magic posted:

Russell Wilson is, yeah.

Russell Wilson is way too boring to be even into disgustingly weird stuff like that. He likes it missionary with the lights off on his birthday.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Russell Wilson is way too boring to be even into disgustingly weird stuff like that. He likes it missionary with the lights off on his birthday.

And only if he's married.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
I became an Eagles fan because my fiance left me for one of my friends which had the dual effect of losing the love of my life and poisoning my entire social circle. For about 6 months I put my head down and transferred to the production floor at work where it is too loud to talk to anyone, drank a lot and listened to EDP videos. He was my only friend for 6 months.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
crosspostin'

Quest For Glory II posted:

I was just a football drifter, bouncing from team to team until Nick Foles had 6 touchdowns in one game against the Oakland Raiders. It was a stirring moment, and I was actually born in Philadelphia, the place where Tom Hanks died of aids. Much like in Big, NFL defenses found themselves a fish out of water when Chip Kelly brought his crazy offense to the NFL. I love my Philadelphia Eagles, and I make sure to shout E A G L E S EAGLES at any social function-- high school football game, baby shower, my father's funeral.

To see Chip Kelly run black players out of town was one thing. I love black people especially Michael Clarke Duncan's performance in The Green Mile. But Chip Kelly, like Captain John H Miller, was a man on a mission (but not a man on the moon like the ill-fated Apollo 13 launch). When Chip brought DeMarco Murray in, a player who had Nothing in Common with LeSean McCoy, I felt like he was telling the Black Community, "you got a friend in me." But despite two 10 win seasons, he was sent out on the Polar Express. You don't need Robert Langdon to know this is a conspiracy. I'm not racist but I guess what I'm saying is maybe the black athletes should form A League of Their Own.

i'll hang up and listen, Colin

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I became an Eagles fan because my fiance left me for one of my friends which had the dual effect of losing the love of my life and poisoning my entire social circle. For about 6 months I put my head down and transferred to the production floor at work where it is too loud to talk to anyone, drank a lot and listened to EDP videos. He was my only friend for 6 months.

drinking a lot and (probably) crying is pretty much a philly fan tradition at this point.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

woke up, it's a new day and this is still pretty much the best post ever

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Now that's paper

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Benny the Snake posted:

Superman was felled by Batman tonight

EDIT: Von Miller is Batman

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The funny thing I was almost positive it was a gimmick post and then I saw searching his post history a weird "BATMAN JUST BEAT SUPERMAN" comment in the middle of the GDT and its like oh drat this dude is serious.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Stating for the record that there will be consequences if Febreeze doesn't fulfill his PS wish

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's been a while since we had a HOF-worthy TFF post and I appreciate this thread commemorating it.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The funny thing I was almost positive it was a gimmick post and then I saw searching his post history a weird "BATMAN JUST BEAT SUPERMAN" comment in the middle of the GDT and its like oh drat this dude is serious.

lmao

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Benny the Snake posted:

SUPERMAN IS DEAD, LONG LIVE BATMAN

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

god bless playoff posters

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

god bless playoff posters

nah dude he is a believer and member of the 12s

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I became a broncos fan after super bowl 48,

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mystic Stylez posted:

Stating for the record that there will be consequences if Febreeze doesn't fulfill his PS wish

Oh I got this

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Febreeze posted:

Oh I got this

god bless you

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Oh I got this

*claps like a toddler about to open presents*

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

I hate all these children

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Febreeze posted:

Oh I got this

:swoon:

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
the moment I heard the phrase Factory of Sadness I just knew I had to become a Fan of the Cleveland Browns

roll drat brown tide baby

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Why isn't Russell Wilson wearing a diaper

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

My god its full of stars

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

This is it. The zenith of art. It's all downhill from here.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I became a Bucs fan because I grew up in Tampa and when I got interested in football they were the local team. You'd think that's where my story ends but hoo boy it does not. You see, my father was a Falcons fan and tried to get me to like them. But I was in my rebellious stage so gently caress you dad! and I became a Bucs fan.

I sure showed him.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.
Thanks Benny for the only thing to make me smile in the last 18 hours. Printing this out and putting it in my cube, in Seattle.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Joey Freshwater posted:

I became a Bucs fan because I grew up in Tampa and when I got interested in football they were the local team. You'd think that's where my story ends but hoo boy it does not. You see, my father was a Falcons fan and tried to get me to like them. But I was in my rebellious stage so gently caress you dad! and I became a Bucs fan.

I sure showed him.

You have a ring and they don't

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Febreeze you own and I 5'd this thread just for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Intruder give this to Benny tia

• Locked thread