Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

njsykora posted:

Yeah, the Nissan was just destroying everything. Should try using the newer GT3 cars next time we do that class and see how they compare.

I think the heavy hitters all picked the GTR because they wanted to compete with each other. I know I picked it because Ohsh was all high on the B12h. None of us knew if it was the overdog or not.

According to the server record board the C6R, BMW, and GTR were all capable of 55s during qual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I unbolt my shifter and move it when driving RHD cars.

I'm that guy.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I enjoyed. Really like the way that car drives.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

IceAgeComing posted:

They had auto up shifts in 2001-2, I'm pretty sure that some may also had versions of auto downshifts. Watch an inboard from that year, you'll notice it

Yea. Some cars had a 7-2 button that would tell the car to just handle the downshifts on it's own for hairpins.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

OhsH posted:

eh, automobilista karts today est loving 3 PM GGOD drat IT pm show up or not i dont care its really short notice WHATEVER.

server will be called goons and password will be lljk WHATEVRE

WHAT ARE WE DOING THIS WEEK? CAN IT BE ROLLING STARTS AGAIN?

kthx.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I threw up in my mouth when one of their "who are you" options was 'Youtube/Twitch Streamer'

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
VR patch for LFS.

https://www.lfs.net/patch-6n

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Shine posted:

Try it, especially if you have headphones; it has incredible sound design. The AI is pretty decent, too.

Also, the weekly challenge leaderboard thing lets you do hotlaps in content you don't own!

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Cojawfee posted:

Vive support is going to happen for sims for quite a while.

https://www.lfs.net/patch-6n

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I want a handbrake for my simulator. But I don't want to spend tons because I only use it for dumb drifting poo poo. But I also don't want it to be garbage.

So far my options are Fanatec or Heusinkveld right? Who am I forgetting?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
That was super fun. Great combo.

Clearly moving your shifter to the left side to match the car makes it faster.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Pumped.

Not pumped. Missed race start yay.

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 10, 2016

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

GhostDog posted:

Also:

Next Event:

You guys missed good cars. A few of us showed up and did some laps and holy that was a fun car track combo.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

GhostDog posted:

You don't want to show up for this one last minute with no practice at all.

If you do, you can still probably be faster than Ohsh.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

GhostDog posted:

I really thought people would be into SuperV8s at Bathurst, but I guess not.

Sorry. I really like V8s at Bathurst. But I couldn't make it. :(

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Helicon One posted:

Oddly enough, this was the case with Richard Burns Rally too.

I actually thought the RBR tarmac model to be pretty decent. Not nearly as bad as Dirt Rally.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

GhostDog posted:

Someone asked yesterday about FFB INI editing in AMS, and I wanted to write something up but this official post explains it pretty well I think: http://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-how-the-ffb-works-and-what-is-new-about-it.45/

The important things are:
- The many FFB settings in the "controller.ini" are not used any more, they were only used by the old FFB system before RealFeel.
- MaxForceAtSteeringRack and SmoothingLevel in "realfeel.ini" are the only values you should ever need to touch yourself, and you can do so from within the game - google "rfactor realfeel keyboard shortcuts" or find them in my post history here. Having them at your fingertips is very convenient.
- Larger values (positive or negative) means LESS force on the wheel, that's because the actual physical force created by driving is scaled to the possible MaxForce.
- It also means that if you make MaxForce to small the game will software clip the FFB.
- In order to avoid software clipping technically the best you can do is to set ingame FFB to +/-100 and then adjust the MaxForce per car.

I will do this. Thank you. Having the FFB clip in the kink at 1% ingame was challenging. My arms got a work out during the Road America race lemme tell you.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Last night I decided to do the 918 laptime challenge around the ring.

A hypercar on street tires and not that much downforce is a fuckin' riot on the ring. And doing sub 7 minute times is crazy.

In the process of getting a 6:56 I got the 'drive 250kms in one session' achievement.

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 22, 2016

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

The Science Goy posted:

Patrick's track pack for sure, and CART which you have. I also like Empty Box's DynHUD but I modded it to include the track map so I can see where everybody is.

Post plz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Someone is trying to sell Racer.nl's simulator I guess?

I'm pretty sure I recognize the engine/assets.

http://racer.nl/

The screenshot is even on both pages. http://racer.nl/dl_content.htm