Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

GhostDog posted:

Still planned for the OP is a section with selected noteable mods and maybe general modding advice. Not going to happen for a while though. Jehde, if you still want to do something regarding AC modding, drop me a PM and I can put it in. Don't hurry though, the next revision is end of April at the earliest.

Yeah I'll update the AC mod list eventually here and PM it then just leave it at that. Although it feels like I have less time to do this sort of thing than ever. If anyone wants to take up the reins, they are more than welcome to. The old list in the previous thread should still be somewhat relevant for now, anything missing from it shouldn't be too hard to find in the latest releases list at racedepartment.

Also I forgot about gooncar yesterday and got busy with something else. Shame because it sounds like I missed a good combo. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I'm too bad and too busy for this race. Have fun people that are actually good at this game.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I remember Lake Louise being fun.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah you really can't beat Codemasters for couch and controller.

Only go for Pcars if you're willing to spend half an hour making the controller settings not garbage.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

tater_salad posted:

I looked into autosport but some of the reviews said you need to grind a lot to get stuff..

The issue with autosport is that while it gives you a bunch of different disciplines to play with, the career requires that you progress a certain minimum for each discipline before you can advance. So being required to complete endurance races can seem grindy as hell.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

holocaust bloopers posted:

F1 2013 gets a lot of love for having. The classic F1 cars.

The only one not on sale. :v:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Norns posted:

I was planing on waiting for the second generation of VR stuff to hit before I jump in.

After Giant Bomb's coverage of the oculus launch titles, this is definitely the way to go.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

That was a fun combo, but I still haven't learned how to fill up my tank. One day I will finish a goonrace. :negative:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It said I finished 2 laps behind, so I kept going but everyone left the server before I could finish. At the end it said I was 4th, but I was the only name on the scoreboard. :v:

One day I will actually finish with the pack. Atleast I didn't crash into anyone this time... I think.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Microsoft Store doesn't think I'm on windows 10 so it won't let me download. :downs:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The RX7, AE86, and Nissans are super fun. I wish I could race them this weekend but I won't be anywhere near a computer. :saddowns:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Wasn't their solution to just scale it down a bit?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I thought sunday AC was working fine, I just can't make it for every weekend.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Suzuka?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Cheap joystick?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

365 Nog Hogger posted:

My goals for the race:
1. Do not get lapped
2. Don't cause any crashes

Mine is to finally finish a goon race. :v:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I finally finished a goonrace! :toot: I might not've finished dead last if it weren't for a fly attacking me mid-drift too.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I almost didn't get lapped this time until GhostDog and OhsH had to be meanies. :saddowns: Atleast I technically didn't get last this time.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I might have to miss it too, I'll see if I can make it home in time to qualify.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 12, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I managed to log on with just enough time to complete a qualifying lap, predictably did pretty poor in the race. Surprisingly fun track though, so much time spent sideways.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Qualified at the last minute again. :v: This time I actually managed to keep my poo poo together for the most part! Forgot how fun Magione is, lots of long sideways turns. That long straight is a godsend for finishing my lunch.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Goetta posted:

I was behind you the first lap and your car looked like it was permanently drifting at some 45 degree angle. I don't know if it was netcode being off or something but it was weird as poo poo

I use a gamepad so it may have just been me fishtailing constantly, along with my North American ping. Sorry to whoever was behind me most of the race. :v:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Thank you for these, they're great.

Especially the gif showing how terrible I am. :v:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Shine posted:

Are there any sims or sim-lites with a sort of co-op mode, with human players on the same team à la Formula 1 Constructors Championship? I just grabbed a Logitech Momo from a moving clearance and my girlfriend asked if that sort of game exists.

You may be able to do it with Grid Autosport. I know that Grid Autosport likes to add a constructor team driver that you can manage in the singleplayer, and that it supports multiplayer, but I'm not sure that the two features overlap...

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Qualifying starts 30 mins after kick off of the match right? Might have to keep the second half going during the race, make my ping even worse.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I like how adamant you were about not rescheduling, but you cancelled last weekend and delayed this one. :v:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

IceAgeComing posted:

Emm I think you'll find that there'll be a Wales/Iceland final

It's gonna be this and it's gonna be great.

I asked about when it starts in relation to the Euro match because DST always messes me up when trying to convert to GMT.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Bad news: I might have to miss the race this weekend.

Good news: I might finally be getting a wheel! It's a second hand DFGT but it's free so. :toot:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

quote:

- Added the possibility to launch sim directly. Add section
[AUTOSPAWN]
ACTIVE=1
To race.ini then start AssettoCorsa.exe

What does this mean?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I just realized the greatest casualty to the Assetto Corsa mods forum shutting down: Last I checked the guy that did the Reliant Robin mod was actually trying to update it to v1.2+ spec with the help of people on the forum. :negative:

Jehde fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 15, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

My favourite part of the series of videos he did was when he describes how "you go in and out of cars as you would in real life", by jump crouching into the driver seat. :downs:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

:rip: AC gooncar.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The one weekend I'll be out of town. :|

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Now I have to buy F1 2016 along with AMS? I don't even like F1 racing...

I hate this thread so much.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I don't really care for F1 simming though, just like a good Codemasters game.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Sorry, I already gave a copy away. I randomly picked a person this morning.

This dude is rad as hell, thank you! Gonna see if I can get it installed in time for gooncar.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

CaseFace McGee posted:

Discord for text chat and general racing gooniness, Mumble for voice chat and in-race smack talking.

:psyduck:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Dirt Rally's tarmac has always been iffy. It's the gravel where the game shines. As for gitting gud, just go through the career. It starts you off with short rallies in old cars to get a grip with the basics, then you work up through the eras and do longer rallies. 60s is easy mode, 70s introduces RWD dynamics, 80s ups the power, Group B ups the power a shitload and is probably the biggest hump, then you go onto 90s and Group A where you get more modern cars that help you out a bit while still staying fast, by the time you get to 2000s and 2010s you feel like a god.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The correct progression is Alpine A110 -> Lancia Stratos -> Lancia 037.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I tried playing the new Need for Speed since someone gave my Origin Access...