Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

For seating I'd probably be more concerned with cushioning for back/butt.

*edit*
vvvvvv I think a Miata/MX-5 seat in good condition should actually hit the comfort/position really nice.

Bentai fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/dsd-american-chassis.html
No price yet, site says it "won't be cheap" soooo not sure how to read into that.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I kinda cringe that this is one of the highlight pictures:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Stream it plz kthx.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

There's one kart track in Vegas, and from what I understand it's a bumpy mess in dire need of a repave.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

FINALLY.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Gussying up a Dodge Challenger to look like a cop car, complete with bull bars on the front? That was great fun.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Listen buddy, this is a real life simulator, I spent $25,000 dollars on my sim rig to make it as realistic as possible. I've got 15 tachometers, 23 screens that show my lap times and 18 gauge clusters. I got my actual CDL to play ATS. When I played Flight Simulator X, I got my pilot’s license and played it as realistically as possible. This isn't a video game, I'm not some dumb nerd to who sits on his computer all day playing video games.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Found a good replacement:
http://i.imgur.com/jY7qvXy.gifv

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Vando posted:

Either you're the ghost of L_Harrison or the standard of driving in the free trucks is subhuman garbage because 100% of people who have driven Gooncar oval races on a pad have been a menace to everyone present no matter how good their intentions
99.999%. :smuggo:

Also yes, the standard of drivers in the Pick-Up Cup is poor: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/151504377

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Pfft. Just pass below the apron, since iracing considers it a valid racing surface.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I think the official line is they will only get involved if a person is protested for causing a wreck by going down and coming up off the apron. If no wreck occurs, then it's fair game.

Bentai fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 20, 2017

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Really?? Really?? THANKS FOR THE 4X!!!!

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Or my favorite combo:

quote:

<-- Pass Left
<-- Pass Left
<-- Pass Left
Contact 1x
Loss of control 2x
Thanks!!!

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

The Logitech G25/27's need a USB adapter mod to connect the pedals and the shifter separate from the wheel. Not sure about the G29, and as far as I know the gear from Fanatec and Thrustmaster are all USB.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

It's been absolute ages since I've touched the sim, but I think Live For Speed had an autocross/gymkana mode.

*edit*
Yep, it does:
https://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Autocross

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I had to lock my view to the horizon in Dirt Rally, it was the only way I could drive non-pavement tracks without getting nauseous.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Yep. One of my favorite memories was making a three-wide pass (in the middle) down the front straight of an oval to pick up third place in an Indycar race. This wasn't racing the AI, that you know will hold their predictable lines. I had to trust them, and I assume they had to trust me, that nobody would do anything to screw up and put us all into the wall. Those sort of moments is what makes iRacing fun.

But on the other side of the coin, you've got players that will do all sorts of intentionally or unintentionally stupid things to ruin your race, and it seems to happen more often than you'd like.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Vando posted:

All of you nerds seem to have shitloads of money so you should definitely come hang with the iRacing crew because it is the notable Premiere Deluxe money pit sim and also team endurance best endurance, the best series to be all Serious Business about competing in (heck it says it right there on the car)

Too bad that message only lasts about half a lap before someone rear ends the car. :(

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

It's not a permanent no, but very much "not during launch but we'll see what happens for future updates."

I have a feeling there will be a big push for VR.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

The original dirt rally didn’t have VR on release, didn’t get patched in until last year IIRC. Maybe if enough people keep asking for it, they’ll add it eventually.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

It depended on the track for me. If it was something mostly flat like Germany or Monte Carlo the VR wasn't too bad, but then I loaded up Wales and within a minute my inner ear started to revolt.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

One day I'd love to see something like the "Rim of the World" rally, or even the now defunct beginner-level "Seed 9 Rally" in a game.

Digging the DLC plans.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Dirt Rally 2.0 is on sale for 70% off on steam right now.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

That's an amazing mod.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Doesn’t Barcelona also have buildings where they’ve rendered the interior for absolutely no good reason?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

There's always the massive LA Canyons for AC. I hear it's pretty drat good.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

So uh.. how decently does AC run on an i7-930 paired with a 1080?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Hello PC Sim Racing nerds! Please enjoy this crosspost from the iRacing thread:

Fellblade posted:

We in the discord are starting up a new Bearpope League series on Fridays at 21:30 GMT, come race with us!

We're racing the Kia Optima (Free car!) starting off at Oulton Park (now Free!), followed by Oran Park (also now Free!).

We do Friday and Sunday races pretty much every week, no matter your skill level you will find somebody at your pace for some good close racing.

Discord
https://discord.gg/g4PDRhM

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

May I also suggest, the GT Omega Apex wheelstand?
https://www.gtomega.com/products/apex-steering-wheel-stand

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I said come in! posted:

Elgato Stream Deck is cool! If someone would like a cheaper alternative, they do an iOS/Android app as well that is $25 a year.
Look into Stream Puppy. You have to run a companion app on the computer, but it works well.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Looks like the flex could be fixed a bit by someone with a couple metal braces and shims, but yeah. Dang. :(

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Skip the p1 and get the WRC. Much better button layout, and a quick release that doesn’t involve a screw.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

MrYenko posted:

Pedalchat: I have the CSL elites with the load cell brake, and I’m extremely indifferent to them. They’re an upgrade to basically any of the entry level pedal sets, but the design of the LC pedal means that registered pedal pressure varies depending on precisely where you press on the pedal. Which is REAL DUMB AND BAD for obvious reasons.

Skip the CSLs and get the V3s.
As long as you're keeping your foot in roughly the same position on brakes, you should rarely run into any variation to the pressure registered.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I'll run my CSW for another couple years, and then make the call.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

If anyone has been on the fence about iracing, this is quite possibly the cheapest a one year subscription has ever been for new accounts:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

1 year free membership to iRacing, new members only, code PR-HagertyDC21

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

GutBomb posted:

Here's something I've been working on for Assetto Corsa. Almost ready for release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbg5UBPAzLg
Just needs the random lag spikes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEeZq-4D-nU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

That sounds good to me. Are there any compatibility issues running fanatec pedals and TM wheel?
Should be none. The pedals connect direct via USB to the PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Squiggle posted:

Christ, this is like discovering weed all over again.
PC Sim Racing - Christ, this is like discovering weed all over again.