Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
I got a G29 a few weeks back and tried iRacing for the first time this past weekend. This is so much better than AI racing holy poo poo. It's also really letting me know just how slow I am compared to people with more experience.

I managed my first race with only 1 incident but my second one I had 9 incidents by the 2nd lap because I qualified higher and was part of the huge pack of MX-5s going 8 million wide in the first turn. I feel like I learned more from that experience than I did from most of the first race, though since I actually got to spend more time around other people.

I hadn't played any racing games with a wheel since GT3 on my PS2 and I hate that I waited so long to try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Is there a setting in F1 22 in VR that shows the drivers around you and the intervals like it does in 2d? Or the section that's usually in the top right that shows info on the practice programs one is running in free practice? I know it would break immersion to an extent but I'd at least like to try it instead of constantly asking my engineer for an update on the driver ahead or behind.

So far I have been able to make the lights appear and virtual mirrors work, I just have been assuming the option to see all the other normal HUD info doesn't exist in VR.

\/\/\/\/ Thank you so much!

Abisteen fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 12, 2022

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Yeah the VR comfort will come with time. Make sure you're getting consistent framerates. I can be driving in VR for an hour or more at a time with no issues as long as framerate is stable but any sort of stuttering even from 90fps down to 85 and I'll end up with a headache and some nausea.

If you really want to test your VR legs, go in reverse and slam your brakes. That one still gets me.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

This is probably a matter of my setup and I'm going to continue to mess with my settings and the equalizer but has anyone with Moza kit had any issues with their FFB after the latest firmware/software updates?

I feel like I cannot get detailed feel on kerbs or wheel slip angles no matter what settings I try. Before the updates kerbs felt nicely bouncy and cornering felt like I was pulling a bowstring with the feedback getting tighter and tighter before loosening if I lost traction.

Though I guess having never driven an actual racecar maybe that's an unreal feeling and this is more accurate? I don't know everything just feels lighter and less detailed.

EDIT: This is in iRacing.

EDIT 2: Apparently this is one of those things where I just needed to post about it and then I'd fix it. I did a second recovery and reset of the wheelbase after the first one yesterday didn't fix the issue and now it's totally back to normal. Well, aside from how violent it is from me cranking everything up to max when it wasn't working.

Abisteen fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 30, 2022

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

KillHour posted:

It does!?

I asked for this years ago and got flamed off the suggestions forums.

It was only implemented within the last few months. It's very cool!

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

I got the Moza R9 and GS Formula wheel late last year and with the exception of a little bit of weirdness and rollbacks of a couple of firmware updates I have loved them as far as actual performance goes.

A couple of months ago I got their CS Wheel which has been great for situations where I want a full round wheel.

They have the R5 as well to compete with the lower strength DD bases.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

nice booster seat kid.

JK, enjoy the new DD setup! The McLaren wheel will be great but until you end up with that one you can entertain yourself with DD oval and rally action also!

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Black Griffon posted:

€180 for stick and clamp, €37 in shipping, 25% VAT on product price + shipping cost and a €12 surcharge for import services. At that point, this thing seems like a more attractive alternative, ending up at €168/$179 with a clamp included.

I got this one and like it. I was already using their Pit House software since I have the R9 base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

VelociBacon posted:

For any of these I think the main thing is like... What is a new one doing that iracing isn't doing? Because you obviously want to be where the most people are so that you get great racing and AFAIK that's either ACC or iracing.

The big thing that caught my eye is just that it has the 499P and I don't think any other sim does at this point? Maybe iRacing will get it one day. I guarantee I can't drive it for poo poo but I just love the way it looks and I want to drive it around.