Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Please put together a list of good AC tracks/cars/apps like you did in the last thread :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't think the Nissan was clearly superior, just probably a bit easier to brake and turn with.

I need to remember to practice on race tires at some point during the week. I ran nothing but softs and SS before hand and forgot to change my pressure for mediums so they were really under temperature the entire actual race.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Are we still doing the AC race on Sunday? How many laps?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I support this proposal

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
smh if you haven't played The Duel: Test Drive II

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I sent you a PM

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
There is a relative app that I think it is built in. There is also Helicorsa which is a radar app. I don't use it because it feels a bit gamey so I can't speak to its quality. http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/helicorsa.5199/

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah I would certainly buy it through Steam or somewhere else where I could just download the files but the Windows store limitations are a dealbreaker

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This is a long shot but has anyone tried F1 2015 with a steam link and controller? No matter which setting I try the car won't accelerate and I think the game just doesn't work over the link?

e: To be specific the car accelerates but something is pressing the brake so it just sits there and wheel spins

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 19, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just tried plugging a 360 controller in instead and the game hard locked my PC good poo poo Codemasters

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I can't imagine playing Trackmania without dedicated server leaderboards and map voting and loving lovely dubstep music

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
VR isn't like a surprise or anything, it has been pushed for years now especially in the spergy simulator community. It seems weird to come out and say you didn't even think about it as a possibility in your racing sim game.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Some good poo poo coming out in the next AC update http://www.assettocorsa.net/assetto-corsa-v1-5-dev-diary-part-33/

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I apparently have family coming up so I'm going to miss out on my plan of nerding out with AC/iRacing/WEC/IndyCar all day.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Has anyone tried using the pits yet in AC how is it?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
How is Tor Poznan? I've never tried that track before in any game and am thinking of doing some hot laps on the AC server this evening.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

njsykora posted:

Its good, simple track with a few tricky corners. The mod is laser scanned too.

It is fairly easy to laser scan stuff because that seems a bit insane for a free mod

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Track is fun. It would be probably more fun in an open wheeled car since it feels like it has a lot of hairpin-ish corners.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I had lots of interesting and insightful things to say but apparently was muted all race

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I turned in what I assume was a sick as quali lap in the server so I declare myself the winner

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The AI in Yas Marina is hilarious. Stop randomly slamming on your brakes at the apex of the hairpin you cocksuckers.

Or I guess the Driveatar thing maybe means that is how random people drive that track? I never had an xbox so this is my first exposure to the series.

e: I have a 970 and the game has frozen while loading tracks twice but seems pretty ok in game so far. I have occasionally gotten the stuttering that I've seen some people complain about but it has generally been pretty rare. Haven't touched the settings so far.

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 6, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'll try to make next week. Got pretty burnt out on racing games.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

holocaust bloopers posted:

Hey so gsync is amazing. Got myself a 1440p 144hz monitor with Nvidia magic. poo poo is incredible and has breathed new life into my gtx 970. Pcars and Dirt Rally play anywhere between 45-70 fps without any downside. All of it is incredibly smooth.

Good upgrade. Almost like going from HDD to SSD.

Which monitor did you get?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Tried to join but apparently some Logitech or Microsoft update completely hosed my G27 good poo poo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Any chance of bumping this back an hour so I can watch the final part of the Canada GP?

e: Or even like 15 minutes because I think the GP is from 18:00-20:00

eeee: Just saw that the race is at 20:15 so nevermind I'll be there

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 11, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
If you are a person with Windows 10 and G27 like me who keeps having their driver randomly corrupted by Logitech this is apparently how you fix it:

http://boxthislap.org/g27-not-working-after-windows-10-update/

Also let me know if you want to buy a G27 since this is pushing me to maybe actually upgrade.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Oh man I want to drive the LMP

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Uh the Japanese car pack owns

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Forgot to say thanks for the server I had to rush off right afterwards.

Jehde posted:

Qualified at the last minute again. :v: This time I actually managed to keep my poo poo together for the most part! Forgot how fun Magione is, lots of long sideways turns. That long straight is a godsend for finishing my lunch.

I was behind you the first lap and your car looked like it was permanently drifting at some 45 degree angle. I don't know if it was netcode being off or something but it was weird as poo poo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Uh can we please do an F1 championship series thank you GhostDog

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
You can play AC online on a budget I think, especially if you get in on some league on Reddit or something.

iRacing is great fun and all but it will eventually cost you like hundreds of dollars in tracks and cars and subscriptions once you get out of the lowest tier.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
When does the Porsche pack come out or has it not been announced yet

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Maybe I will see if I can get a used copy of NR2003 for a couple of bucks and check it out and

https://www.amazon.com/NASCAR-Racing-2003-Season-PC/dp/B000077WA5

Hahaha

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sorry I was super tired from doing yard work all afternoon and didn't really feel like what have would basically been solo hot lapping for the next 30 minutes. So I just sorta gave up and went to go take a nap.

Sleepyquit would be a better term for it I guess.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Race was fun, thanks. I was in second and first before the two resets :d: Then I finished 7th :(

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Tor Poznan is a cool track btw people should drive it even if they don't do these races

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
If that is true I might get it because that sounds hilarious

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
So that you can say your game has a safety car

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
GB has a quicklook for it up http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-f1-2016/2300-11502/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

Losing a race because you listened to advice from your engineer

The True Ferrari Experience