Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

nobody likes cracked.com, you colossal idiot. also tell me which podcasts you've been on so that i stay away from them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

It's not the same, man....

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

KomodoWagon posted:

Can't be that. It mentions other things he's written.
any idiot can write for Cracked though. as in, you can send in a half-baked, poorly researched list and they'll probably publish it

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the only funny thing about you is how oblivious you are about how no one likes your terrible articles. i ain't payin you poo poo

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

no they will not posted:

I mean you might not like his articles but you can click on the patreon right there and see that other people do
i didn't click and figured that image was photoshopped. shameful people

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Comparing Trump to Palpatine? Classic! That kind of pop culture-to-real life comparison has never been done before, not on here or on any number of other websites! Great job go hog wild!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Capntastic posted:

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/dumpstarwars-reshoots-trump/

There was a Star Wars + Trump frontpage article the day before, too.
There were two of them before this one, in fact. But both were better than this one, because Bobservo and Zack Parsons are funnier, in my opinion. Certainly, you won't find their writing styles on a lot of parts of the internet. On the other hand, Asterios has talked about his Onion credentials before, and his articles read like something from them- and not the offbeat, weird, yet containing a kernel of truth articles of days past, either.

Lonos, don't feel bad for writing that all out. It's a good critique, and if he weren't busy going "Buy My Book!" he should take it to heart.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Toadvine posted:

So bad I had to come and post about it. Who is the audience for a spiteful humor article lampooning an already pathetic group?
People who think that "punching up" in comedy is more important than "being funny." Never mind that if you're gonna call those people "basement dwellers" or "dry dicks" or something of the sort, you're not even doing that. I'm not sure if that article uses those kinds of insults, because I didn't read it and have no interest in doing so.

I was willing to give Asterios a second chance after he stopped whining about peoples' criticisms and started taking them in stride. And I will say that my previous disparaging posts about his writing style weren't insults and personal attacks, just barbed jokes and wiseass remarks. But he hasn't taken any of what others have said to heart, in spite of claiming that he did, and has continued to crap out unfunny articles, some of which are just a bunch of .jpgs. I'll point to Zach Parsons's latest article as something that I (and many other front page readers) enjoy. All of them have a tinge of absurdity to them.

I guess that Zach has his style and Asterios has his. But it just feels out of place here.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Aubergine Mage posted:

Certainly is a mystery why he's still being paid. I don't think we're the right audience for his style unfortunately
Is he getting paid? I thought front-page writers do it for free. Maybe I'm mixing them up with the mods.

What I am sure of is that we're not the intended audience for his articles. As Pres. Baby said here himself, his job is to bring more eyes to and shares from the front page. He bragged about having 2k Facebook shares for his derivative and unfunny Emperor Palpatine article, so we can't argue with the results. But it's not the same style that we're used to.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Saint Drogo posted:

i have a feeling this only became his job description after the SA audience said he was poo poo lol.
Probably

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Prez Baby suggested that Lowtax should go on some creepy PUA guy's podcast. Against his better judgment, he did. Since then, there hasn't been any articles by our favorite front page punching bag.

Call me crazy, but I think these two things are related.

Edit: Bobservo is much better at doing funny, not-derivative political-related articles.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 7, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

scott zoloft posted:

some guy called him a cuck on online or some poo poo and he spent at least a month trying to fight him.
considering how thin-skinned he was towards criticism in this thread and the other one calling him a bad writer, this doesn't surprise me

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Prez Baby, was my speculation about why Lowtax kicked you off the front page correct?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Asterios posted:

I have no idea what that speculation was but I quit because I didn't have the time to do the job right, and didn't feel comfortable holding a spot that some other writer might have wanted.
I guessed that you got booted because you persuaded Lowtax to go on that podcast that he had a really awkward time on. But it's good to see you quit for selfless reasons and be successful elsewhere, while also setting up g0m with a sweet book deal.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Is there a link that puts all of this in one place?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That court document answered my question. My opinion in this thread went from "Pres Baby's articles suck" to "hey, maybe Pres babY is all right" to "Pres Baby is a horrible piece of poo poo." Also, Lowtax was on that Dick Show podcast at Pres Baby's urging and it ended up being painfully awkward.

gently caress you, President Baby.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

scott zoloft posted:

these dickhead guys are 100% about doling out e-justice (via harassment) to some retarded guy online who never personally did anything to them. and if president baby wants to profit from them, then so be it.
According to court documents, President Baby is stalking and harassing an internet personality and his girlfriend while using words popularized by internet Nazis as a way to promote a misogynistic podcast. That's not "e-justice," that's bullying.

Maddox is a jackass, but he doesn't deserve this kind of treatment.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Sorry, sometimes sarcasm and jokes go over my head on the internet

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

To be honest, all the people involved in this case are terrible. Maddox is shooting for the moon by involving so many parties in what should be a simple harassment case and is coming off more as a whiner than a sympathetic person because of it. Pres. Baby and Masterson, according to the allegations, are bona fide harassers who are obsessed with trying to ruin what little career Maddox has. Fire all of 'em into the sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

My opinion on this whole thing keeps changing. Right now I'm at "Pres. Baby did nothing wrong" after listening to that Cum Town episode.

• Locked thread