Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Regulation Size posted:

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/thernovich-valentines-day/

I had written a long carepost about how lovely and unreadable and mystifying this article is, but I erased it. Suffice it to say: it sucks and you suck. Written lisps aren't funny. Written lisps where they don't make sense are extra not funny. Cernovich is a maddox-esque self-help manosphere moron, but not the delusional redpilled zorro you wrote about here. You keep switching between purple writing, alt-right language, and self-effacing oversharing, sometimes in the same sentence. You wrote the same "jerking off in the bathroom" joke twice but it was already trite and boring the first time. Misspelling words hasn't been funny, ironically or otherwise, in many years. Just gently caress off with the humor writing already.

So bad I had to come and post about it. Who is the audience for a spiteful humor article lampooning an already pathetic group?

Real MRA shenanigans are already humorous in their inadequacy and don't require this much exaggeration to be funny. While you were sticking it to those shutins, you forgot to make jokes president baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

People who think that "punching up" in comedy is more important than "being funny." Never mind that if you're gonna call those people "basement dwellers" or "dry dicks" or something of the sort, you're not even doing that. I'm not sure if that article uses those kinds of insults, because I didn't read it and have no interest in doing so.

He's not even punching up, he's leaning too hard on miserable setups whose main source of comedy is their lousiness. In humor theory terms he's buying whole hog into the superiority theory, that we laugh because we feel superior.

Reading the Jedediah article, same direction as the Valentine's article but the author instead makes him inept to the point of empathy where asterios just wants to make his subject an awful human being. This is something I notice in many of his articles, he's writing articles to berate groups he doesn't like but he forgets to tell jokes.

Shark balloon article falls into the same trap

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

And a confusing one at that

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Capntastic posted:

People do not like the frozen yogurt so the yogurt people make them buy it anyways

With threat of violence.

• Locked thread