Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

It's pronounced V-A-P-E, though, so make sure to listen for that slight different in pronunciation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Man, this went from hate thread to great thread in a hurry! Asterios, I don't read your articles anymore. I used to, even though I found them hit or miss. One day, I read an article that was about wrestlers, I think. I got to this sentence...

Ariong posted:

It's pronounced V-A-P-E, though, so make sure to listen for that slight different in pronunciation!

...and I could not parse it. No matter how many times I read it, I could not derive any sort of meaning from that sentence. I still can't, in fact. It's one thing to overlook a grammar error or spelling mistake, I thought, it's another to print a line of actual gibberish. It was then I decided that if Asterios can't be bothered to proofread his articles, then I can't be bothered to read them.

I felt pretty confident in that decision back when you were just deflecting criticism, but now that you're opening up and responding earnestly, I'm not so sure. Now I think that that article was the result of high pressure and low time, a forgivable offense. I'm going to start reading again.

I'm not a comedy writer or anything, but I hope this was helpful somehow.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I went to the front page and clicked on your name to find an example of an article I did like, and I had no idea that you made The Dad Jones Index. I really liked that one.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 19, 2016

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The last one pretty much only had one joke to tell and tried to tell it about 17 times. Probably didn't help that I have never heard of the guy who Asterios was lampooning.

Meanwhile, I like this shark one. It would have been very easy to overextend (again) on this one, but instead he kept it short and simple.

• Locked thread