Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

get that OUT of my face posted:

Comparing Trump to Palpatine? Classic! That kind of pop culture-to-real life comparison has never been done before, not on here or on any number of other websites! Great job go hog wild!

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/dumpstarwars-reshoots-trump/

There was a Star Wars + Trump frontpage article the day before, too.

Edit: Not a jab at anyone in particular, but it felt like a real oversight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Andy Kaufman was entertaining because he wasn't very regular at all

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Asterios posted:

As a guy who took over a decade to finally get an audition for the site, I thought it would be cool to try and find a new voice. When I think of someone like g0m, he was like, the funniest loving guy on the forums. I thought it would be cool to find someone else like that -- a really funny goon who never got the chance to give the front page format a spin.

But please, feel free to continue to use a genuine offer to attack a guy trying to drive traffic and ad revenue to this dead, gay website.

Thank you for being sincere and responding to criticism

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Asterios posted:

It's hard because there's no right way to talk to goons.

UNLIKE ME

Totally agree but I feel like people who are gonna post in this of all withered swamp tree subforums are gonna have some legit drive to be real about their criticism.

Doesn't mean you gotta concede to people but engaging with them is fair I think

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Asterios posted:

Thanks to those of you who gave enough of a poo poo to try and help a fellow writer out.

No problem buddy looking forward to seeing the new stuff

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

One thing I'd suggest is work your personal interests or hatreds into things, then you get that extra boost of energy that people pick up on. Write for yourself, first and foremost.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Aubergine Mage posted:

I still don't get why it takes two people to put out one of those.

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/alt-right-tv/

Like, come on now, how much elbow grease does it take to just hammer out a stack of these?

Alternative Fact Detective. White's Anatomy. Castle Doctrine. Good Morning Real America. Color Blindspot. Law and Order: Black on Black Crime Division. NCIS: Black on Black Crime: Chicago. CSI: Special Black on Black Crime Unit.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Crane Fist posted:

poo poo I hate to be a broken record but I read the Warriors article and motherfucker, just stop

I laughed at the total nonsequitur punchline but the article was like "haha imagine listening to the radio during the events of that film" and then no followthrough on that concept.

I can only imagine what it would be like for someone who hasn't even seen the movie.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

People do not like the frozen yogurt so the yogurt people make them buy it anyways

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Toadvine posted:

With threat of violence.

That was implied by someone buying frozen yogurt, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

It is rough to be a writer for money so I hope he is doing good

• Locked thread