Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

triple sulk posted:

I really can't wait until a state that isn't almost 95% white gets to vote.

Those are the states Hillary will win :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011
GILMORE!!

*honks horn*

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011
:siren: 4 VOTES FOR GILMORE CONFIRMED :siren:

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

edge of your seat action

5 votes now! It's gonna be a long night!

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

Joementum posted:

Bernie winning the women's vote 53-46 :eyepop:

A woman enjoys voting for Bernie Sanders — as she fantasizes voting for 3 Donald Trumps simultaneously.

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

Perhaps Sanders has a chance of securing the black vote after all!

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

evilweasel posted:

This Hillary speech isn't bad. Much better than I expected, though I haven't watched any this election.

She had a lot of time to prepare -- it wasn't a secret Sanders was very likely to win NH since at least December.

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

badatom posted:

Bernie praising an "aroused electorate"...

Not the first time he's talked about aroused individuals!

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

Joementum posted:

Bernie's going to NYC tomorrow? Does he know that there's going to be a Senate vote on North Korean sanctions? Even Rubio is showing up for it.

Rubio at least attempts pretends to care about foreign policy, though.

Mystery Goomba has issued a correction as of 03:45 on Feb 10, 2016

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

BUG JUG posted:

$36M for 4th place...when do people just stop giving him money?

He's currently trailing Cruz by 0.3% with 45% precincts reporting so he could very conceivably come in third. Him being in third (or even fourth) makes it much easier for him to justify staying in the race until at least South Carolina. Those millions of dollars (along with Rubio imploding) just may as well saved his campaign for now, as pathetic as that may be.

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

Joementum posted:

Reminder for those watching MSNBC: Steve Schmidt, who just said Rubio has no chance moving forward, is the man who thought Sarah Palin would make a good VP.

What is Karl Rove saying?

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

gohmak posted:

What is the current Democratic delegate account minus superdelegates?

Bloomberg has a visually appealing delegate tracker which separates election delegates from superdelegates. Assuming their info is correct (and my mental math), Hillary so far has 32 delegates to Bernie's 34 without including superdelegates, which is way more narrow of a lead than you might expect considering his blowout win in NH.

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

I was looking at the charts that break down the results by township and was surprised at the amount of areas that have apparently no population. There are at least 20 locations without polling locations (primarily in Coös County), presumably because nobody lives there. It definitely makes sense when you account for the fact that much of those areas are mountainous/wilderness etc but I had no idea the extent of just how barren New Hampshire actually is in the north.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Why is Clinton (expected to be) so popular with minorities?

I'm not American so I'm just trying to wrap my head around it.

In addition to what was already said, there exists a very large degree of familiarity w/r/t Hillary among black voters in particular because she and her husband were/are big on the whole "retail politics" thing, which is basically being on the ground giving town hall speeches, talking to people, kissing babies etc. The Clintons have been doing a lot of networking with minorities all over the country over the years, which puts Sanders at a substantial disadvantage because he has not (at least not to the same degree). It's almost ironic considering Sanders is arguably better on the issues affecting the black community but voters tend to go with what they know, and minorities know Hillary. That's why there's a lot of optimism on the Bernie side that minorities will suddenly "feel the burn" if only they get to know him better but there's no indication that this is happening in Southern states. That's big, because Super Tuesday is largely comprised of the SEC states which have very large black populations.

• Locked thread