Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Oh poo poo, Kasich is winning the whole state right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

OhFunny posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixville_Notch,_New_Hampshire

During every election year since 1968, the candidate with the plurality of Dixville Notch's voters has been the eventual Republican nominee for president.

I love how every election we learn of dozens of these wacky statistics, and at least half of them fail. Then 4 years later we get a new slew of inane things that have predicted the result since the 60s.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Dixville Notch actually makes themselves a cake celebrating their vote? Jesus guys, I hate to break it to you but the rest of the Nation doesn't actually care.

Edit: Cruz and Hillary win Millsfield. New Hampshire is tearing themselves apart.

Kaisich now in 3rd place in the NH Rep primary.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

OctoberBlues posted:

Clearly some of us do!

It's pretty obvious that we've got clinical brain damage and shouldn't be paid attention to.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So the results so far seem to be

Republicans
Trump: 9
Cruz: 9
Kasich: 9
Rubio: 2
Bush: 2
Christie: 2
Fiorina: 1
Paul: 1

Democrats
Bernie: 17
Hillary: 9
Stew: 2

Edit for math:

OhFunny posted:

I know it doesn't matter in the slightest, but Clinton has 9 votes. 7 from Hart's Location and 2 from Millsfield.

Gyges has issued a correction as of 06:50 on Feb 9, 2016

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
How amazing would it be if the top three in NH were Trump, Cruz, and Kasich? I wonder if Vermin Supreme is going to beat any of the candidates still in this.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

Depends on who's is in the top two and what the spreads are.

If the top three are Trump at 30, Cruz at 20, and Rubio at 20, with the rest of the field splitting the remainder, then not much about the race has changed.

If the top four are Trump at 30, Cruz at 20, Kasich at 20, Rubio at 15 with the rest of the field splitting the remainder, still not much has changed because Kasich has no realistic plan past New Hampshire.

If Rubio and the Governors all tie at around 12%, then we're hosed. (Well, not really hosed, it actually just would make a Cruz nomination more likely.)

I think you're being a little optimistic with the potential for a less than second finish for Rubio. Trump wins around 30, Kaisich comes next around 17, Cruz is third around 12, JEB! and Rubio both come in in the 10 range and the remaining merry fools split the rest.

Really though, if Kasich can come in ahead of Rubio that's huge for our chances of watching the Republican field narrowed down to a pick between Chaotic Neutral and Lawful Evil. It restarts the coalescing of the establishment votes and begs all strains of media to talk about why Rubio sucks.

Really though, what we're all truly hoping for in the end is that in his speech Rubio tries to get us to dispel with the fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Grem posted:

I made a post on a public Democratic Party Facebook page about voting for Kasich over Hillary if Bernie doesn't get the nomination and it's getting a ton of likes. Kasichmentum is real.

Good to know the PUMA idiots from 08 are getting new blood.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

#DontTellAnyoneAboutTheBern

Don't even get me started on the fake polls showing him up in Vermont. Don't believe the hype, people!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Trump needs to win NH, and preferably by 10+. Same for Bernie really, a single digit win will be survivable but decreases the odds of victory for both precipitously.

Forced to choose between Cruz and Trump, the party base will elect to drink the Cruz hemlock rather than succumb to death by a thousand Trumps.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

The base can do whatever they want, it's not their choice fortunately.

Don't think you understand how this whole primary system works.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Meg From Family Guy posted:

Holy poo poo - exit polls released:

Sanders +3

Kasich +11 Trump +10 Rubio +2

Please post these nuggets of wisdom on predictit.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

New York values. By, like, a lot.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Every NH primary results in so many people either lying about when they totally decided who to vote for, or further cements the idea that NH is just full of loving idiots.

I just can't choose between Trump and Sanders.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Reik posted:

Keeping-Kosher Jews are out too then?

We just can't take that chance. Gonna block all the vegetarians and those worried about heart disease too. Fear is all important.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Who the gently caress chose the colors for these graphs at MSNBC? Jesus guys, you're making me question my eyesight with that Clinton/Sanders demographic.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zelder posted:

I don't even think white people should be allowed to vote

What if I'm totally 1/32 Cherokee?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

New Hampshire leading the country with drive through voting?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

This is the poo poo that makes me very, very glad we have mail-in voting in WA state, as well as ballot drop off boxes. Glad for us here, but also super pissed that the rest of the country doesn't have mail in voting as well.

It makes you aware of every vote that goes on (we have one in Seattle today for school funding) and so much more likely and able to vote.

(That's probably why it won't happen :( )

I believe lots of states have absentee ballots if you want it. In the dark hellhole of Rick Scott's Florida you can vote absentee if you want, vote early in person, or show up on election day.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

3% can't even make up their minds, likely are unsure what a Muslim is or if they could catch it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Reposting from the Predictit thread. Hilarity wins if true.

Vox Nihili posted:

Here's a thing. Probably wrong, probably misleading, have at it:

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/697201844863508481?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

wow rude posted:

Am I the only person who could never do mail in voting? No way could I just drop my vote in the mail and assume it's gonna get there correctly and everything. I'd be a nervous wreck

Usually you can drop it off in person if you prefer.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fullhouse posted:

several people posting gifs of muscular women crushing watermelons with their thighs in the GDT was the highlight of this year's superbowl imo
I barely watched the actual game

we could use that here, has hillary ever crushed a republican representative's head between her burly thighs???

Gotta wait till the general.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
MSNBC reporting that traffic jams now counting as being in line for voting. Oh, New Hampshire.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Per MSNBC, only 11% of Republican voters give a poo poo about being able to win in November. Oh, Marco.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Josh Lyman posted:

"If you're in line, you'll be able to vote".

They say that literally every primary/election as if it's something new.

Usually not if you're in your car, in a traffic jam, trying to get to the precinct. Normal is if you're out of your car and personally standing in line.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Please have someone make a big deal out of Republican ballots being pink.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mitt Romney posted:

Did you read about the 14 hour lines in Florida to vote in 2008 and 2012?

Not if you live in Republican areas. Then the lines somehow are so much faster. Almost like they had more voting machines than those Democratic areas.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

1488 posted:

For primaries?

Don't be silly, for primaries that's inconveniencing valuable Republican votes. It's the general where Florida has trouble getting enough voting machines to Democratic precincts.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

rscott posted:

Sanders shooting hoops with his grandkids :3:

Proof of Obama's hand in the Democratic nomination.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Obama's most lasting impact on the Democratic Party.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

rscott posted:

MSNBC talking about how Hillary Clinton has never increased her polling numbers from the start of a campaign to the end, she only loses support or stays the same

Clinton is always the known and famous name at the start of her races, so it's actually not that surprising. It's not good, but it's not as bad as they were implying either since she usually starts out crushing everyone else at a likely unsustainable level. Like one of the examples given is polling at 67% and then winning 67% for her senate seat. Boo hoo. Nobody would worry about how they couldn't get up to 68% in that situation.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

The cities in NH closed a hour later and take longer to count. Who does that favor? :iiam:

Judging by the results so far, it favors :911:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Brannock posted:

What do you think the chances are that the transcripts she refuses to release involve her telling Wall Street to not worry about the rhetoric going around, she's just doing it to get elected?

More likely she doesn't want to release them because then she's got to come up with a new speech. Just keep the same outline and core message, fiddle with the particulars every time and rake in the money with no effort.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DynamicSloth posted:

:ssh: Rubio's concession speech will sound remarkably similar to his regular stump speech.

I hear that it's hard raising children with conservative values in the 21st century.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Sadly, it looks like Marco is going to make the cut off and get delegate(s).

Someone should tell Trump that America wins most world championships in sports.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Prorat posted:

Which is true, maybe not 42 but definitely 20+.

Millions of physical and mental able bodied people in America don't count in Obamas 4% unemployment numbers

They've never been counted in the unemployment number people pay attention to. Nobody cared until the normal metric of unemployment started to look good under the black guy. Now, suddenly, we care about all the other unemployment statistics.

We definitely need to work on it, but the sudden interest in it is staggeringly disingenuous.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Bip Roberts posted:

Keep in mind before you praise the people of New Hampshire for voting for Bernie they also voted for Trump because New Hampshire is a poo poo state with a total dearth of "living free".

More importantly, many of them had trouble deciding which of the two they would vote for.

Brannock posted:

"leftists" arguing that unemployment is Actually only 5% simply because it came from BadMan :smh:

I'm just arguing that while underemployment and labor participation are important, no one gave a poo poo until the normally reported unemployment number got "good" under Obama.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Who chose the lighting at Rubio's event? Next time maybe choose something that doesn't make your guy look literally green..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

mannerup posted:

who will christie endorse when he drops out?

I hear he's a big fan of Marco Rubio.

• Locked thread