Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

Surely you jest. Firestarter and Grinder are terrible, Cartel is okay. The only skins I like from that case are Fire Elemental and Cardiac.

I don't like Cartels, but overall I like the Vanguard collection, especially the M4s in Restricted rarity instead of bullshit Classified/Covert. I like the Five-Seven in Urban Hazard too. It's a shame they don't drop anymore.

fennesz posted:

:downs: Hard to salvage vibes from that.

They could use some anger management classes in high schools because some of these kids clearly need them (I definitely do too)

nftyw fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not bad, everyone else just cheats. I mean, puts in lots of effort and thought into the game

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Unreal Tournament should do a cross promotion with Valve so you can play Unreal Tournament with your fancy counterstrike guns. Or maybe just say gently caress it and let you run around de_dust2 with flak cannons and shock rifles :hellyeah:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I skimmed thru the OP again and noticed the recommendation for either an AK or M4A1-S for best bang for the buck. RIP days where the M4A1 was $2900 and fired as fast as an A4.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

So is everyone.

Watch the next update have no new operation, and the only main thing is glove skins.

Someone would light Valve HQ on fire.

Glove skins, lighter skins, and c4 skins. Maybe even defuse kit skins!

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Did you know that when doing that you can release left mouse before releasing right mouse and vice versa and it'll subtly change the distance of a grenade toss too!?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
It's not really cheating if the other team walks into your crosshairs for you, unless they've invented some new kind of cheat that lets you sabotage your enemies' controls

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

For gently caress's sakes.

https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/699673261655904256

RIP Liquid's chances for doing good at the major.

But Liquid qualified by being Bottom 8, not from the qualifier qualifier :confused:

symbolic posted:

Glove skins, including team glove skins for the major.

You heard it here first.

StatTrak glove skins, you mean

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

qhat posted:

Makes sense. There's no better place for Toxic than NA.

:lol:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

The ST FN AWP Hyper Beast I got in a knife trade two weeks ago when it was $210 on the market is now $394 on the market.

...Huh.

Sell it, buy a ST Worm God or corticera and enjoy having a few hundred steambux you can spend on whatever games you want for the next year.

Oh who am I kidding, that money would just go right back into the CSGO economy.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I crashed on cruise and things feel a bit off but hey, I got a case and a min wear toxic, sold em, free operation. Thanks Gabe.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
If it wasn't for the fact that the major was just around the corner I'd say to just buy a few older skins and sell em when they rebound back, but there'll be a second wave of people trading their guns for steambux so they can buy tournament stickers.

e: Also I forgot most people don't play the dumb skin market. Still the event is making lots of people dump items at least as fast as the steam sales.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Feb 18, 2016

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Those two big spheres on new nuke clearly is a reference for Source 2. It's coming :getin:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Is that the one where they all lined up for him to roll over? It could be because of hesitation to shoot through the other teammates which a pug group would probably not have.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
That's just what happens when you give NA a chance, I suppose.

NtotheTC posted:

Why exactly were the visas denied? is america just really strict on who they let in (even temporarily) or is this bad team management in terms of not getting the right paperwork in?

I guessing it's a bit of both, mostly the former underscored heavily by Mongolia being less industrialized and wealthy, making it hard to convince officials that they will quietly go back to their country afterwards when they could instead take up much bigger opportunities here, e-sports or not. Also the current political situation (terrorists! illegal mexican immigrants! oh no!) is not helping any. Hopefully it means that locations for future events will be picked with more care (not NA), it sucks to lose out on the spot because of something practically out of their control.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Feb 23, 2016

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Inferno gets remove so the devs can spend 8 months reworking grill so the bomb doesnt fall into the embarrassing unrecoverable cranny and screw the Ts over.

Also I guess people keep forgetting that Agency exists and is excellent

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The AWP is not a gun for losers, if he wanted to not win he should have thrown it on a rooftop or something, just sayin

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

fennesz posted:

I'd absolutely love to use that skin if it wasn't so goddamn expensive. It'd even making using the AUG worth it.

The price might drop since they are back on the drop table so prices get a little more affordable! I thought I would invest in a FT one a few months ago, but then thought "I bet they'll just reuse the same loving drops as they did in Bloodhound" and sold it for a couple dollars loss. Turns out you should never underestimate the human tendency towards laziness.

e: prices did indeed drop a fair amount. Still not enough that anyone would call them 'cheap' though.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 25, 2016

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I think at a certain point it's just something that no amount of parenting can stop, it's just predestined that they're going to be dickbags. The only hope is that they realize their shameful ways and correct them later in life

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

So why do they congregate in games like CoD or CSGO now? I don't remember kids being this salty back when I played UT2k4 and the like.

My guess is the proliferation of voice chat making expressing your saltiness and/or inanity much easier.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone who goes 2-0 is qualified, anyone who went 0-2 is out and you're left with two teams 1-1 that scramble for the last spot in their group.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
If CLG take this then NA is guaranteed at least one spot at the major :unsmith:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Anything can happen in a BO1

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
It's happening. Splyce qualifies for Columbus

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
:911:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Get some hooch to go with your TACOs.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I don't pretend to know how all the seeding and placement of people work in these things, which teams are able to make it out of groups for those fabulous stickers is pretty much my main concern. Already got a setup planned for my UMP:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ArfJason posted:

someone used my pc while it was in my hometown and put the loose A key back in its place.

Tell me it is not a razer keyboard.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

NtotheTC posted:

Man, I'll be sorry to see this flashbang mission go. It's basically a free wallhack as it updates mission progress on the fly.

Imagine if they had it for actual comp matches where you can get two flashbangs!

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yup. :getin:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Never over til it's over.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
GG

v: hard carry JW

nftyw fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 5, 2016

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah yeah let's see those bike parts, I mean, sexy pixels please.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Time to sell my kioshima stickers. Welcome DEVIL sig stickers.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

Hellraisers are in this major, right?

Time to slap "ANGE1" and "DEVIL" stickers all over my guns.

Nope, they got edged out by Liquid.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Vexed dissolving. Time to sell those vexed stickers too.

E: except nobody really cares about vexed so

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah. Seems a bunch of people wish they would stop trying to make the tournament the focus and highlight the team logos but apparently the only major ok with that was Katowice and they got screwed thanks to MLG.

The least they could do is hire some graphic artists who understand the concept of contrast so you can actually make out the logo. Cluj Titan: distinct. Cluj Vexed: barely there.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Watch as some feature or random edit done in the name of beauty makes computers crash and video cards lag. I can't even switch weapons in my inventory without a hideously annoying hiccup, and it's not like I'm using that HD4850 from 2010 anymore either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Bohemian Nights posted:

Literally no-one in this thread is a good cs player, so i dunno where you're going with that

I just got 2 MVPs on my StatTrak music kit so I'm moving up in the world :downs:

(they were both from coop missions, somehow)