Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Crain posted:

N64 mode for the win.

Shame that poo poo is banned, I kinda like the Team Fortressy look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Fat gaben release the update

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

A TURGID FATSO posted:

loving rad. I've been looking for new wallpapers. Good eye, xp.

That image was posted three days ago on /globaloffensive/

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

That also means all the relevant Advance Wars: Global Offensive posts have already been made

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

symbolic posted:

Glove skins, including team glove skins for the major.

You heard it here first.

did not, in fact, hear it here first

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Jeza posted:

Bleh this poo poo always happens. Updates in the middle of the night, I don't play until after work next day when a new case is worth roughly one pittance so I don't ever get to price-gouge nerds. They should release it for EU peak time, the region that is good at CS

Same for me but it's OK, NA needs all the help it can get

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

fennesz posted:

PSA: Don't do Blitz missions unless you like the map it's on currently. You get TEN xp for each round win. That's it.

That's a 25% bonus on top of the regular MM exp (40 per round win) so....not that bad?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Bought OP on two accounts, got a case each so far.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I don't get why people are proud of having low Steam IDs, that just shows that you bought + played a garbage game when you were a teen

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

fennesz posted:

I was hoping there'd be a mini blitz campaign or guaranteed drops for winners or something. It's fine for what it is but XP is beyond worthless.

As far as I can see it, the operation only changes your one drop per week to one of the "wildfire" collections, it doesn't actually add anything else. So you still only get one drop per week, which is p. lovely. :saddowns:

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 19, 2016

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

symbolic posted:

Context

He also got fined a month's salary (~5.5K), half of which will be donated to PACER's National Bullying Prevention Center and the other half to Born This Way. He also has to go to an anti-bullying seminar which is :laffo:. A bunch of preteens and then this buff-rear end 20-something.

Reddit freaked the gently caress out about it and that's why he got punished now. This drama and what followed (douchebag Thorin managed to turn his take on it into a 20 minute video lmao) were dominating the front page for like two days.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

fennesz posted:

I've gotten two drops this week. Pretty sure it's always two.

I'm talking about guns, not cases. You've only ever been able to get one skin per week since the XP system was introduced (when you first level up after the reset). Cases still drop randomly (requiring more playtime after each drop) and getting two in a week usually doesn't take that much playtime.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I saw a guy aimhack in loving Demolition the other day trying to get his account to 3. I told him it's not worth his time and he'll be banned in days but he didn't believe me. Got the "someone you reported got banned" popup three days later.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

(not my screenshot)

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

fennesz posted:

I used to get five or six of these a week. Literally zero since I stopped queuing dust2 :lol:

Yea I never queue Dust2 either. This was the first time I saw an extremely blatant hacker in like half a year and I am fairly certain avoiding Dust2 has helped with that.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Garfu posted:

This is from a shadowplay. I have no idea how this shot hit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXqAYeByeGc

The title of this video caused some very interesting "related" video suggestions.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Garfu posted:

The related videos are based off of your viewing history

I appreciate the joke but only half of them are and the rest is various poo poo with tits in the title

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

My last three games at MGE were actually pretty well matched, 16-14, 16-14 and 14-16. People have been cooperating and poo poo, it was nice

I did not appreciate losing 14-16 after being up 14-10 though. :doh:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Matchmaking in silvers is one of the circles of Dante's Hell.

My girlfriend is trying to get her 10 wins and seems to be ranked S4~SE atm (judging by the people she plays with/against). I watched her play a game today, it's a loving cesspool. The worst part is that as an absolute noob, it's really hard for her to learn the game because loving silvers with 700 hours played (seriously, I checked) kick her if she doesn't clutch a round 1v3. From what I've seen, most of her games have like 1-3 actual noobs and the rest of them are people who are just really loving bad at the game (as in, they're still in Silver after 300~700h played) but think they're hot poo poo for some reason.

She's taking it in stride though, getting yelled at by 13-year-old Russians is basically a rite of passage in CSGO.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Every now and then a Silver game makes it to the "Watch" tab ingame and I love spectating those. :allears:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I got my 10th win on my second account (which I got for learning new maps and poo poo) today. I ended up on MG1 and even in those few games (10-2-3 or something), the difference in gameplay/teamwork/general asshattery going from Silver to Nova to MG was insane. I still believe it's possible to soloqueue your way out of Silver/Nova, but I can definitely see how you can get stuck in there if you're only slightly better than average at your rank.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Crain posted:

Yeah. Had one buddy, that's why they started to try and get tk damage so one of us would get kicked for too much then they could just vote kick the other.

But after 20 rounds of wasting out time. And a lovely 30 min cooldown for the trouble.

Why didn't you start a votekick on your buddy after 2 rounds of this poo poo, it's obvious that's what they wanted. Report them, kick him, have them kick you, find a better game.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Printing out any front page article from the New York Times should provide ample proof for the embassy that no one in their right mind would actually want to stay in the USA for good

smdh

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I had $5 on VP and I am very happy with this result.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I had a $3 skin on Hellraisers at 3:1

Should've bet more

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I'm German so I want mouz to win but I couldn't not bet a dollar on YP at loving 11:1

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

All these Casual missions are killing me ugh

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Someone on the other team got an M4A1-S | Icarus Fell (~$100) after my last game yesterday and that made me a bit salty.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Carol Pizzamom posted:

re-evaluate your neurological patterns

After two years of getting nothing but 5-20 cent shitters, seeing someone get a $100 drop randomly made me a bit jealous, sue me

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

qhat posted:

Video game pixels is a serious matter

$100 can buy you many things which aren't video game pixels

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Ugh that was a heartbreaker for Flipside. 14-15 in a 2v1 and they lose it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Yea no doubt they were the worse team but they had G2 at the edge of defeat and I like rooting for the underdog

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

It would be extremely amusing if Splyce qualify while c9 gently caress up game after game

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

exethan posted:

im glad thorin talked a ton of poo poo on professor chaos before this game

Thorin continues to be wrong about absolutely everything, shocking

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

jfc Thorin is the dumbest motherfucker. He's worse than having to listen to Tobiwan in dota

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Holy poo poo Thorin would just NOT SHUT UP during that last 1v2

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

but was your call, in fact, bad?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Jeza posted:

I found out all my bets wouldn't go through because my account is "Escrow Blocked" and I need Steam Mobile Authentication. Why is life so hard?

Because criminals exist. Just install the drat app

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

exethan posted:

If you save your account info on your computer you don't have to re enter the auth code every time. Unfortunately I'm on a shared PC so I feel your pain qhat

That's not true. I switch between my main and a smurf account and I have to use the mobile auth on my main every time. It works like that for browsers (but not always) but not the actual Steam client.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Is anyone else unable to access their replays? Wanted to download my latest demo last night and nothing shows up.