Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Watching these last few rounds remind me how much I hate Dust 2..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Photex posted:

watching these last few rounds remind me why s1mple was so loving pissed off at the koosta pick up.

Koosta did play pretty lovely. haha

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

EvilBeard posted:

off topic of the major, I don't know who started this fad of spamming music over your mic, but I would love to have them tortured for it. Other than the "edgy racism", it's the worst thing I encounter day-to-day.

You can be the cool guy instead: http://slam.flankers.net/

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

The Joe Man posted:

Five straight 1st place wins in a row - still Silver 4:

How many losses in a row before this?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Jeza posted:

The only kind of pop flashing you would ever need to look up is non-bounce flashes for your teammates. Probably one of the most advanced things in CS, enough that the chances are you'll never ever need them. To learn how to pop flash yourself, just get used to how far your right click throws, jump right click throws and left + right click throws will go and just practice. There's no real need for a guide because you can do it literally anywhere on the map.

Good spots on the most common maps are the end of B apps and A ramp on mirage, A main and chequers on cache, over A long and into short on d2 (all as CT).

I suck as a T throwing a flash coming out of T Spawn into B main to flash the awper either under heaven or in cheackers.. I miss it all the time, but when I am CT the person hits it every time.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

EvilBeard posted:

make an offline game and practice it until you can throw it reliably.

That requires me to have a friend tell me if I flashed him or not :(

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Bohemian Nights posted:

type in sv_grenade_trajectory 1 in console and you'll see its path and where it pops

w00 h00, thanks! I knew I didn't need friends!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Trying to watch the grand final of TWC2016 NA Qualifier between USA & Canada and this poo poo came on my screen so I just closed the tab.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

symbolic posted:

People probably groaned about "Newke" because it's notorious for FPS drops.

With the gaming setups they are running on lans I doubt the fps drops is even noticeable.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Smithereens posted:

contrary to popular belief a lot of lan computer are bad

Photek, confirm or deny?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Has Valve ever spoken about what happens to your rank if you are kicked? (I don't think they have and doubt they will).

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
As predicited, Simple joins navi..

http://www.hltv.org/news/18359-s1mple-replaces-zeus-in-navi

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Stuck at MGE. I think it is because I don't know how to use the ak and don't know smokes over walls and I use the mp7 way to much..

Wish one day I could get my DMG back but I hit a wall..

Thanks for listening.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Y posted:

on a slightly related note I started adding everyone to vacstatus in every game I play and found out that vacstatus caps at 500 people per list and also adding that many or close to that many makes your list unreadable, it just never loads. are there any alternatives besides that chrome addon because I'm still using firefox.

Why don't you just add people who are fishy?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

EvilBeard posted:

also, you'll die about 25% more now, because for the first few games, you just keep pulling out your knife.

This is very true. I play with my butterfly knife so much and die unnecessarily.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Agoat posted:

I've stopped buying the P90 entirely just because I don't want to learn bad habits. I guess buying the other SMGs is similar but at least I get to practice movement with those.

I have thought about trying to use the mp7 less and less, but I am really really good with it, and it lets me buy others on my team ak's / m4's who might not have enough money and are good with those guns. Sure that is a dumb theory, and I have been working on my ak spray, but I have used the mp7 so long (2500+ kills statrack) I don't think I will ever relearn how to not move and shoot..

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

fennesz posted:

Who cares. I'd take a shotty + 57 or a tec9 any goddamn day over that trash.

57 still better than like 75% of all cs guns tbh.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

EvilBeard posted:

The ump is the best round 2 smg buy. Cheaper than the other options, better damage/accuracy than the mp9/mac10 if you're not in close quarters. Other than that though, you are correct.

Counterpoint: The mp7 owns them all.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Use to be DMG before the revaluation of ranks, then I was mg1 - mg2 for months.. And now I don't know if it is a mixture of playing with irl friends who are really bad or solo queing but I am back down to GN3.. Am I really just that bad now? (the answer is probably yes)

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

stump collector posted:

are you playing enough? your rank will decay quite a bit if you took too much of a break. also there are a lot of hackers in non prime at every level

Everything is prime.. But I did take a break for like 2-3 months.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
GN3 and yet somehow the other teams's top 3 fraggers end the match with 80%+ headshot's... Just watched the demo and only 1 seemed to have aimlock. The other 2 didn't really look fishy. All 3 had 700+ hours and multiple games and full inventorys... gently caress me.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I think I already know the answer but maybe I am wrong.

It seems like I can't hit poo poo in front of me close range when the opponent has like a p90 and is running back and forth crazy like when I have the ak/any rifle... Is the answer just don't put myself in a position where they get close? Or is it just my aim/reaction time sucks?

For example if I am a T and plant default on Cache A site, and someone is rushing from truck with a p90 when they cross over I just get my poo poo pushed in and pretty much can't hit them at all.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

OxySnake posted:

Also news is Valve just launched the 1st VAC wave of 2017.

Where can I see if people I played against got banned?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Kwilty posted:

Chrome also has a browser addon

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ban-checker-for-steam/canbadmphamemnmdfngmcabnjmjgaiki?hl=en

Then just go to friends, recently played with.

Thanks for this!

2 people I played against last week are now banned.

It use to tell you if someone you reported got banned, did they stop doing that?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Photex posted:

edit: Atlanta CSGO Major hasn't even sold out a 4600 person theater, bring back MLG Columbus pls

:( Me and my friends just yesterday were talking about how we bought our tickets to Columbus this time last year and we really are missing it this year...

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
US Eastcosst MG2 looking for people to play with, I can't take another game with people who force buy every round and dont have any communication. Add me: Mek and Cheese

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Luna Was Here posted:

Dinosower was started by Chad "lolyou", a YouTuber and streamer. He got kinda known for doing videos where he hit lots of crazy shots and bhops, kinda similar to phoon (if you don't know who phoon is then you've missed out on one of cs's classics). Unfortunately, his playstyle and personality attracts a specific subset of people: kids who try to imitate and are either too bad to understand how to hit those kinds of shots, or to bad to hit those kinds of shots so they hack to feel like they can hit those kinds of shots.

I don't think I have ever seen someone with a Dinosower tag who wasn't hacking or just really really bad.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

VelociBacon posted:

I just wished more people played the reserve maps. I'm pretty sure you could check dust and aztec and leave the house for a medical education and come back and it would still be queued.

e: what I actually want to see is a graph that breaks down the accounts currently playing CS:GO by when CS 1.6 was installed on it. I'm curious how many current players played back then.

I have queued aztec before, and holy poo poo, there are people that only play it and are amazing at that map...

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Jeza posted:

Don't see many 4 digs floating around these days.

I have a 6 digit, and around GN through DMG i haven't seen any other 6 digits or below.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

OxySnake posted:

Same.

I could of snagged a 5 digit or lower number but I refused to get steam for a week or two after release because all my favorite servers were on 1.5.

I loved my won servers......

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

MF_James posted:

ehhhh if you solo queue those maps, yeah you're gonna run into those 5-stacks that only play aztec or assault or whatver, but if you queue with 3+ people you're going to wreck those kids. I queued with a few friends late night into assault, we ran into guys that were GE, but clearly only on assault, and we steamrolled the gently caress out of them.

True, but I pretty much mainly solo q because my irl friends are trash and I have to queue on a different account to even queue with them

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Jeza posted:

I once met a 2 dig Valve employee on Source. Also Sf, the French pro was was VAC'd, had a 2 dig (bought). It seems weird to think that having a 8 digit was cause for suspicion as a cheater because the account was so new. And now we're well into 9 digit IDs. But I think people care infinitely less about this sort of thing now. People check steam profiles if they're suspicious of somebody now, rather than find their ID in the console.

I sometimes ask in chat if anyone has a 6 dig or lower, and 99.9999999% of the time people say what the gently caress is that.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Back to dmg, cant hit poo poo.... All people seem to be entry fraggers and if you dont wipe 5 during an entry they have no idea.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Didn't there use to be a console command that you could put in and it would keep checking if there was a tourny match to watch and cs would automatically load the GOTV?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Luna Was Here posted:

youre thinking of dota, which does have that command

Dammit, that poo poo was so convenient. Why doesn't cs have that? Chrome always just pauses for me so I cant keep it streaming, I don't have flash installed so IE doesn't work... Also the twitch app on my phone just freezes randomly all the time.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

RyokoTK posted:

Hiko just doesn't perform that well and he's not a good IGL, I wouldn't be surprised if he was shuffled out of Liquid and then quit to go hard on streaming. He has a real competitive spirit but his skill just isn't there.

Which would be great because Hiko is a really entertaining streamer.

Hiko is the only streamer who I have watched instead of actually playing the game.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
After astralis ruined my 3-0 prediction I didn't think they could beat navi... drat I was way wrong

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Bohemian Nights posted:

Hey so are there any third party anti-cheat systems out there aside from EAC?

Let's say an independent league wants to do something to reduce cheating- FACEIT and ESEA's anticheat is obviously proprietary, so is there anything they can realistically do in terms of mitigation, especially in a situation where people generally have their own servers or rent?

Load up punk buster

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

ArmZ posted:

militia owns

1.6 militia owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Go play CS:CZ Deleted Scenes to get whatever lore you are looking for.